Windows 10: icon text

Discus and support icon text in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The area in the display settings to change font sizes etc is grayed out and I can not find any way to make my various text sizes bold... pls adv. 12081 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wingman1800, Aug 2, 2015.

1. icon text

The area in the display settings to change font sizes etc is grayed out and I can not find any way to make my various text sizes bold...
    pls adv.

:)

wingman1800, Aug 2, 2015
  2. eallsop Win User

windows 10 keeps displaying name of icon i am hovering over

I have exactly the same problem (and the advice here did not fix the issue).

The text appears when hovering the mouse on the Search icon, the Task View icon or the Notifications icon.

All other icons (eg Microsoft Edge) put the text above the icon but thesee three put the text right over the icon and then the text seems to flash. It makes selecting the icon very difficult.

Is there a way to remove the text on hover completely?

(Incidently, the sfc/scannow found no issues).

eallsop, Aug 2, 2015
  3. N95: Where is the Copy/Paste function?

Sorry, just a case of RTFM:

To copy and paste text, while pressing and holding [pencil icon], press navigation keys to highlight text.

To copy the text to clipboard, while still holding [pencil icon], select Copy.

To insert the text into a document, press and hold [pencil icon], and select Paste.

paulpaul---01, Aug 2, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

icon text

Are sure that it is greyed out? It's a dumb question, but please make sure! The buttons and slider look like they are greyed out, but they really aren't. The slider goes back to 100% if don't drag it far enough, so make sure that 're dragging it until the percentage changes.

Thema:

icon text

1. icon text - Similar Threads - icon text

2. Win 11 - Tiny text at top of screen, all icons and popups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 - Tiny text at top of screen, all icons and popups: Very, very long story short - Same laptop for several years - came with Win 11 installed - no problems before 3 week ago.Now have VERY TINY TEXT AND ICONS at top of screen and all popups.Have spent over 7 hrs and 9 different tech people - 4 of which came into my computer -...
  3. Win 11 - Tiny text at top of screen, all icons and popups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 - Tiny text at top of screen, all icons and popups: Very, very long story short - Same laptop for several years - came with Win 11 installed - no problems before 3 week ago.Now have VERY TINY TEXT AND ICONS at top of screen and all popups.Have spent over 7 hrs and 9 different tech people - 4 of which came into my computer -...
  4. Why is some text or icons showing up where it isnt supposed to be?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is some text or icons showing up where it isnt supposed to be?: So,i recently got a phone,and cracked the screen on the upper part of the phone,and now,if theres any white text it shows up on there,for example,i was watching a yt short and when i went to whatsapp it still showed the text there...
  5. Why is some text or icons showing up where it isnt supposed to be?

Why is some text or icons showing up where it isnt supposed to be?: So,i recently got a phone,and cracked the screen on the upper part of the phone,and now,if theres any white text it shows up on there,for example,i was watching a yt short and when i went to whatsapp it still showed the text there...
  6. Why is some text or icons showing up where it isnt supposed to be?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.: There is a horrible bug in the system win 11 after using multiple times enlarging or decreasing textsize . After some tries to have the right text size, I have enormous spacing between the desktop icons. It is impossible to get the original setup of icons again. The...
  8. icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.

icon spacing of desktop icons after the text resizing bug.: There is a horrible bug in the system win 11 after using multiple times enlarging or decreasing textsize . After some tries to have the right text size, I have enormous spacing between the desktop icons. It is impossible to get the original setup of icons again. The...
  9. Small text and icons after reverting from Windows 11 to 10

Small text and icons after reverting from Windows 11 to 10: I got my laptop repaired and the tech guy has unfortunately updated my laptop to Windows 11 when I didn't want it, so I reverted it back to Windows 10 just fine. However, I believe it kept the overall look of Windows 11 so some things just don't look right. Like my icons on...
  10. Small text and icons after reverting from Windows 11 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Small text and icons after reverting from Windows 11 to 10: I got my laptop repaired and the tech guy has unfortunately updated my laptop to Windows 11 when I didn't want it, so I reverted it back to Windows 10 just fine. However, I believe it kept the overall look of Windows 11 so some things just don't look right. Like my icons on...