Windows 10: icon text

Discus and support icon text in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The area in the display settings to change font sizes etc is grayed out and I can not find any way to make my various text sizes bold... pls adv. 12081 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wingman1800, Aug 2, 2015.

1. icon text

The area in the display settings to change font sizes etc is grayed out and I can not find any way to make my various text sizes bold...
    pls adv.

:)

wingman1800, Aug 2, 2015
  2. eallsop Win User

windows 10 keeps displaying name of icon i am hovering over

I have exactly the same problem (and the advice here did not fix the issue).

The text appears when hovering the mouse on the Search icon, the Task View icon or the Notifications icon.

All other icons (eg Microsoft Edge) put the text above the icon but thesee three put the text right over the icon and then the text seems to flash. It makes selecting the icon very difficult.

Is there a way to remove the text on hover completely?

(Incidently, the sfc/scannow found no issues).

eallsop, Aug 2, 2015
  3. N95: Where is the Copy/Paste function?

Sorry, just a case of RTFM:

To copy and paste text, while pressing and holding [pencil icon], press navigation keys to highlight text.

To copy the text to clipboard, while still holding [pencil icon], select Copy.

To insert the text into a document, press and hold [pencil icon], and select Paste.

paulpaul---01, Aug 2, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

icon text

Are sure that it is greyed out? It's a dumb question, but please make sure! The buttons and slider look like they are greyed out, but they really aren't. The slider goes back to 100% if don't drag it far enough, so make sure that 're dragging it until the percentage changes.

Thema:

icon text

1. icon text - Similar Threads - icon text

2. How do I change the font colour of the text below the desktop icons in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the font colour of the text below the desktop icons in Windows 10?: Hi. I have been facing a problem in my Windows 10 laptop. My desktop background is white and the desktop text is also white. I can't change it. There is a kind of black shadow behind it, but still very difficult to read. Some people said that turning the background solid...
  3. New update comes with new setting icon and double hello text and smile animation on lockscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New update comes with new setting icon and double hello text and smile animation on lockscreen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/amritcrome [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ht86z0/new_update_comes_with_new_setting_icon_and_double/
  4. Desktop Icon and Folder Text

Desktop Icon and Folder Text: Can someone direct me to where I can change the font color of icons and folders appearing on recently acquired HP Envy X360 Laptop running Windows 10? Default seems to be white text which is not legible on light blue background. Need to change either the text color or the...
  5. Blur Text and Icon on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blur Text and Icon on Windows 10 Pro: I have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 pro. I am using laptop with configuration i3 processor, 12gb ram, intel hd graphcis 5500. Maximum resolution available is 1366X768 as recommended which I have also set. I didn't faced any visual issue on windows 7 but text and...
  6. Blur Text and Icons on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blur Text and Icons on Windows 10 Pro: I have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 pro. I am using laptop with configuration i3 processor, 12gb ram, intel hd graphcis 5500. Maximum resolution available is 1366X768 as recommended which I have also set. I didn't faced any visual issue on windows 7 but text and...
  7. icons and text have an edge

icons and text have an edge: Hi, my app icons and windows texts have an edge and showing as they have can't use graphics! but drivers installed and up to date... what's wrong? Windows 10 2004...
  8. Changing size of icons/text of the Navigation Pane in File explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing size of icons/text of the Navigation Pane in File explorer: Hello, I know it is possible to change the size of fonts in windows, but I only want to change the size of the Navigation Pane in Windows File Explorer. The icons as well. I couldn't find a clear answer to this. Anyone? submitted by /u/TheyTukMyJub [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows10 Taskbar display: text with icons; Start icon too far to left-partially obscured.

Windows10 Taskbar display: text with icons; Start icon too far to left-partially obscured.: Thanks in advance for all your help. Somehow I've messed up the way the task bar is displayed. I now have a text string after the app icon - partial with a string of periods after an abbreviated description of each browser/ application. In addition the start button is just...
  10. Desktop Icon text color

Desktop Icon text color: How do you change the windows 10 desktop icons text color? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-text-color/afb02ab9-ff54-4ecc-86c0-f9b4ce215329