Windows 10: icon too small on all software I runned

Discus and support icon too small on all software I runned in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I could not resize the icon of tools for each software I run . They are too small For instance, I use QGIS software and I could not see the icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Clarck Rabenandrasana, Aug 8, 2019.

1. icon too small on all software I runned

Hi,

I could not resize the icon of tools for each software I run . They are too small

For instance, I use QGIS software and I could not see the icons : save, zoom in, pan map, move, .. as they are too small

Sometimes, when I run the software, the size of the software windows is too small also

Could you help me please

Thanks

:)

Clarck Rabenandrasana, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

icon too small on all software I runned e377d97f-489c-45cb-8856-ca9160202472.jpg
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Icons for app shortcuts are small

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons on your PC, as they are looking too small. For further clarity, please respond to the questions below:

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. How did you create the shortcuts of the applications on the desktop?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try updating the display drivers and check if that helps. Refer the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    . You can also try updating the drivers by downloading them from the manufacturer website.

If the above method doesn’t work, please try the next method.

Method 2:

Try rebuilding the icon cache and check if that helps. Follow the steps mentioned below to clear icon cache.

1. Press Windows + E key on the keyboard to open
      File Explorer.
    2. Now click on View tab and
      check the box
      next to Hidden items.
    3. Navigate to the location: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local

Note:
      Where UserName is the user account name which you are logged into.
    4. Locate IconCache.db file and right click on it.
    5. Now click on Delete and click on
      Yes
    6. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

icon too small on all software I runned

Small taskbar icons and Cortana search

What do I suggest?

I suggest you hit the WinKey and start typing..., forget the icon and search box altogether! *Wink

Edwin, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

icon too small on all software I runned

1. icon too small on all software I runned - Similar Threads - icon too small

2. Blurry display and software showing too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry display and software showing too small: Having an absolute nightmare with HP. My laptop, which is an HP Stream 14 cb1 started having sound issues. I ended up with HP's escalation department. They said their remedy would be to replace the laptop with another. They apparently do not make this model of computer...
  3. Desktop icon images too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon images too small: The icons on my desktop have been normal for a week, but suddenly one of them has gone smaller.I am not using any third party software other than Wallpaper Engine. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance....
  4. Desktop icon images too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icon images too small: The icons on my desktop have been normal for a week, but suddenly one of them has gone smaller.I am not using any third party software other than Wallpaper Engine. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance....
  5. Desktop icon images too small

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Taskbar icons too small

Taskbar icons too small: Hi !! I recently had to change my laptop size to 100% because the software I'm using for work can't support my screen scaling, I have the 1920 x 1080 resolution because it's the clearest, but the issue here is my taskbar apps are tiny. I want to know if there's a solution to...
  7. Icon Images too small

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icon Images too small: [ATTACH] My icons recently became much too small. I am at 125% zoom but before they scaled correctly. Its only system things too (only happening to spotify, nahmic, xbox, etc.) Sorry if this is a common issue....
  8. Task bar icons are too small

Task bar icons are too small: Windows 7 has a way to make the icons on the task bar significantly larger--n essential resource for those with poor eyesight or a small screen. Windows 10 appears to have dropped that feature and instead has just two size settings: "small" in which the icons are...
  9. Screen too small for my software app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen too small for my software app: View attachment 8888 I have a new HP Laptop running Windows 10. The main work I do on my laptop is compiling cricket statistics and I have a program called CStatz that does this for me. I have an issue however as I cannot get to a button at the very bottom of the program...
  10. Extra large icons too small

in Windows 10 Support
    Extra large icons too small: I'm running Windows 10 64 bit Home edition on a laptop. When I select "extra large icons" in WindowsExplorer the spacing increases but the thumbnail size stays the same as for"large icons". I have tried all the suggested fixes from the net, but nonehas worked. These...