Windows 10: Icons above START

Discus and support Icons above START in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I press the start there are icons shown vertically above it: power, settings, pictures, documents. I should like to add music but can't figure out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tony Vella, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Icons above START

When I press the start there are icons shown vertically above it: power, settings, pictures, documents. I should like to add music but can't figure out a way of doing it; probably because I don't know the correct words for searching in help. Can anyone please give me a clue? Thanks in advance.

:)

Tony Vella, Feb 23, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 23, 2019
  3. How do I get the Windows 8.1 start screen in Windows 10?

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click Start icon and click Settings

• Choose Personalization, click on Start

• Turn on “Use start full screen”

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Feb 23, 2019
  4. psyko12 Win User

Icons above START

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Icons above START prob.jpg

psyko12, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Icons above START

1. Icons above START - Similar Threads - Icons above START

2. Icon of some applications don't appear above thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon of some applications don't appear above thumbnails: Hello,Problem is that icons of SOME applications don't appear above thumbnails. It works for some but not all and it stopped working for no reason. Icons are visible in details display. Any help please ?...
  3. Icon of some applications don't appear above thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon of some applications don't appear above thumbnails: Hello,Problem is that icons of SOME applications don't appear above thumbnails. It works for some but not all and it stopped working for no reason. Icons are visible in details display. Any help please ?...
  4. Icon of some applications don't appear above thumbnails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blank icon above Quick Access won't go

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank icon above Quick Access won't go: Hi,I encounter a problem with a blank icon resembling 'Pictures' which is situated below Home and above Quick Access. No matter what I've tried, it doesn't allow me to remove it....
  6. Blank icon above Quick Access won't go

Blank icon above Quick Access won't go: Hi,I encounter a problem with a blank icon resembling 'Pictures' which is situated below Home and above Quick Access. No matter what I've tried, it doesn't allow me to remove it....
  7. Blank space above taskbar not able to move icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank space above taskbar not able to move icons: For some reason I'm unable to move icons into this space above my taskbar when I use multiple screens on my Surface Pro.Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-space-above-taskbar-not-able-to-move-icons/920e7a7d-5e11-42b1-b7fc-8cbd6f8344ef
  8. Blank space above taskbar not able to move icons

Blank space above taskbar not able to move icons: For some reason I'm unable to move icons into this space above my taskbar when I use multiple screens on my Surface Pro.Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-space-above-taskbar-not-able-to-move-icons/920e7a7d-5e11-42b1-b7fc-8cbd6f8344ef
  9. Notifications have a small icon above them and look odd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notifications have a small icon above them and look odd?: [ATTACH] I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 and ever since, my notifications in action center for some reason have a small icon above them and look different. Here is how discord looks normally vs how mine looks:...
  10. start icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    start icons: When I click start in windows 10, I have power, settings, file explorer but the icons are not what I want. I use to have a yellow folder for file explorer instead of that bland type. Also settings was a different icon. Where do I go to change these two to a different...