Windows 10: Icons add to desktop in columns. Items on desktop are highlighted by rows. How does this...

Discus and support Icons add to desktop in columns. Items on desktop are highlighted by rows. How does this... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When you have icons added to the desktop, they add vertically from top left down column by column moving right. When you select an icon, and hold... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hardcoretuner, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Icons add to desktop in columns. Items on desktop are highlighted by rows. How does this...

When you have icons added to the desktop, they add vertically from top left down column by column moving right. When you select an icon, and hold shift, and select another icon, it highlights all the icons by row first, starting where selected and going right then down, row by row. It'd make sense if these functions worked the same, so I could select all three stuff that was just pasted to my desktop.

submitted by /u/hardcoretuner
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hardcoretuner, Oct 12, 2020

2. Desktop: change icon autoarrange order from columns to rows

Hello,

I have an issue with the autoarrange of icons on the desktop. I like to organized my icons in rows and have several rows with different grouped icons. However, when I download new files to my desktop, their icons are automatically arranged in columns on the desktop, thus creating columns of icons that are perpendicular to my organized rows.

I would like that the new files that I download to the desktop autoarrange themselves as a new row, specifically in the first row at the top of the desktop. How can I achieve this?

Thank you in advance!

(Windows 10 OS version 18363.535)

MonoArdilla, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Desktop icons have rearranged from rows to colums on Windows 10.

Original Title: Desktop Row/Column issue.

So, while I was away my cat hopped on the keyboard of an unlocked laptop and managed to make a minor but befuddling change.

My Windows 10 desktop now displays all icons in a single row. They can't be moved out of that row, although they can be reordered. The icons are all still intact, but only 6 icons can appear in the top row of the desktop.

It's pretty clear that the cat managed to change my row/column settings, but for the life of me I've not found another similar problem to use to troubleshoot a solution. Everything is working normally other than this setting, so I'm hesitant to refresh the
    PC. I'd appreciate any suggestions or ideas of where to look at troubleshooting this.

Thank you!

EricPattonLANCPA, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Icons add to desktop in columns. Items on desktop are highlighted by rows. How does this...

Can't put items on the bottom row of desktop

Hi,

i solved this issue by following this steps:

1) Right click on desktop and select Display settings.

2) Scroll down and select Advanced Display Settings.

3) Scroll down and select Advanced sizing of text and other items

4) Select "set a custom scaling level" (highlighted in blue).

5) In the scaling box enter 120% and click OK.

6) Click Apply and it will ask you to restart

I found it here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...8-38ccbab937ed

kira lumis, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Icons add to desktop in columns. Items on desktop are highlighted by rows. How does this...

1. Icons add to desktop in columns. Items on desktop are highlighted by rows. How does this... - Similar Threads - Icons add desktop

2. Desktop icon highlight lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon highlight lagging: So sometimes the desktop icon highlight starts lagging and skips some icons. This usually doesn't happen on all icons only some. Does anyone know a fix to this. Demonstration: https://youtu.be/k7360PkNnu4...
  3. Desktop icon highlight lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icon highlight lagging: So sometimes the desktop icon highlight starts lagging and skips some icons. This usually doesn't happen on all icons only some. Does anyone know a fix to this. Demonstration: https://youtu.be/k7360PkNnu4...
  4. Can Desktop icon highlights be maintained?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can Desktop icon highlights be maintained?: Not sure how best to ask this really, but here's the cryptic question in more detail. I'm running Win10 Pro, 20H2. With my previous version of Windows (Vista), double-clicking a Desktop icon would open that file, program or whatever, but when the file was closed the Desktop...
  5. Desktop Highlighter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Highlighter: My mouse highlighter in Windows desktop has changed to little white dots when it should've been light blue by default. I've changed it in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors but it didn't work. How do I solve it?...
  6. Desktop: change icon autoarrange order from columns to rows

Desktop: change icon autoarrange order from columns to rows: Hello, I have an issue with the autoarrange of icons on the desktop. I like to organized my icons in rows and have several rows with different grouped icons. However, when I download new files to my desktop, their icons are automatically arranged in columns on the desktop,...
  7. Remove desktop icon highlight?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove desktop icon highlight?: Hello all Just setup a PC with my first version of Windows 10 this past weekend and have found that unlike in Win 7, I get this weird translucent highlighted box around my desktop icons in both a light version if I just hover over it with the mouse curser that goes away if I...
  8. Add App icon in Desktop

Add App icon in Desktop: how to you put an app icon on desktop [Original Title: Desktop] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/add-app-icon-in-desktop/c6c0d6ae-5301-411f-b72e-c2da93a0c2ac
  9. Desktop Icon Columns

Desktop Icon Columns: I have lots of shortcut icons on my desktop for files and programs. That means 2 or 3 columns of small icons. It would appear the Win 10 will only allow 1 column. I've messed with the icon spacing and vertical spacing (regedit) and the vertical spacing works but horizontal...
  10. [IMAGE]Can't put items on the bottom row of desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    [IMAGE]Can't put items on the bottom row of desktop: When I try to place my recycle bin on the bottom row it just moves one row up. I didn't had this issue before. I did a system restore and it was on the bottom row for a couple of seconds and sudddenly it moved up ;( I can place it on the bottom row if I change the text...