Windows 10: Icons adjustment

Discus and support Icons adjustment in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In simpler words I need desktop icon size smaller and they looks bulky and their text size is also large. Is it related to my resolution ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mahendro, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Mahendro Win User

Icons adjustment

In simpler words I need desktop icon size smaller and they looks bulky and their text size is also large. Is it related to my resolution ?

:)

Mahendro, Jul 25, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Streaming video, sound adjust automatically

Hi Dannowa12,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible reason why the sound adjusted automatically. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Does this happen only when streaming videos?

In the meantime, I suggest you follow these methods to troubleshoot your laptop:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Change View by from Category to Small Icons/Large Icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 25, 2020
  3. JulieK101 Win User
    On screen keyboard pops-up at boot and desktop icon cannot be adjust

Vanessa,

Thank you so much for trying to help with a few of my problems. I have tried the steps you listed above and the keyboard is turned to off but it still continues to appear when I restart the computer and the Auto Arrange Icons is not checked but the icons
    continue to move to the middle of my screen.

Do you have any other suggestions for these issues and with my McAfee?

JulieK101, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Icons adjustment

Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Icons adjustment

1. Icons adjustment - Similar Threads - Icons adjustment

2. HOW DO I FIX THE ICON ON MY WINDOWS 11 LAPTOP SO THAT I CAN ADJUST THE VOLUME OF MY SPEAKERS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I FIX THE ICON ON MY WINDOWS 11 LAPTOP SO THAT I CAN ADJUST THE VOLUME OF MY SPEAKERS: THE ICON TO CONTROL THE VOLUME ON MY WINDOWS 11 LAPTOP IS NOT WORKING. HOW DO I FIX IT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-icon-on-my-windows-11-laptop-so/4f847eba-f9b4-4787-8d8f-ad1584730f54
  3. HOW DO I FIX THE ICON ON MY WINDOWS 11 LAPTOP SO THAT I CAN ADJUST THE VOLUME OF MY SPEAKERS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW DO I FIX THE ICON ON MY WINDOWS 11 LAPTOP SO THAT I CAN ADJUST THE VOLUME OF MY SPEAKERS: THE ICON TO CONTROL THE VOLUME ON MY WINDOWS 11 LAPTOP IS NOT WORKING. HOW DO I FIX IT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-the-icon-on-my-windows-11-laptop-so/4f847eba-f9b4-4787-8d8f-ad1584730f54
  4. Adjust Windows 11 System Icon Layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjust Windows 11 System Icon Layout: Hi, I recently had to reinstall Win11 and the system icons on my taskbar are no longer stacked:exampleI seem to remember having to modify the registry to make this happen but I can no longer find the command. Any suggestions?...
  5. Adjust Windows 11 System Icon Layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adjust Windows 11 System Icon Layout: Hi, I recently had to reinstall Win11 and the system icons on my taskbar are no longer stacked:exampleI seem to remember having to modify the registry to make this happen but I can no longer find the command. Any suggestions?...
  6. Missing Icons when Adjusting Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Icons when Adjusting Volume: Hello Microsoft Community. Maybe there is a solution that I have not found but when I adjust my volume there is no buttons, but a square there instead. SCREENSHOT BELOW...
  7. Sound adjustment icon

Sound adjustment icon: The icon on the task bar for sound adjustment does not open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-adjustment-icon/7d9fff11-d541-49cb-8427-5bd2503f1874
  8. "Speaker" icon can not adjust volume!

"Speaker" icon can not adjust volume!: Hello all:On the PC screen right bottom,there is a tray. Within the tray, thereare several icons including “Speaker”,click the speaker icon, we can adjustthe volume of the sound. Now the speaker icon changed:only display the maximal volume, 67%. can not Change/adjust the...
  9. Windows Sound Bar Icon will not allow sound to be adjusted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Sound Bar Icon will not allow sound to be adjusted: Hello All, I need help with an odd sound bug on my machine. I get an icon that appears on my desktop that pops up at random times after a restart. Sometimes its a few minutes, other times it appears after an hour or longer. I will provide a picture of the icon so you can see...
  10. System volume icon does not adjust volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System volume icon does not adjust volume: I can adjust volume from settings and as far as I can see, the drivers are up to date, but all of a sudden I can't adjust the volume from the icon on the taskbar...