Windows 10: Icons and Background turn black?

Discus and support Icons and Background turn black? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an ASUS TUF GAMING FX504 Series laptop, which I got about a year and a half ago. Over the past couple months, sometimes when I hover over an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by magmalikesfood, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Icons and Background turn black?

I have an ASUS TUF GAMING FX504 Series laptop, which I got about a year and a half ago. Over the past couple months, sometimes when I hover over an icon, it turns black. If I highlight my desktop, that turns black too. Why does this happen and how can I fix this?

:)

magmalikesfood, Aug 1, 2020

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Icons and Background turn black?

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Icons and Background turn black?

1. Icons and Background turn black? - Similar Threads - Icons Background turn

2. Black Background of Folder Icons in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Background of Folder Icons in Explorer?: Hello, I am currently running Windows 11 on my system the new version 23H2 For about two weeks or so now I have began to notice that when I go into my Download Folder - my Folders have a black box background only on some of them. As you can see by the image below. A few steps...
  3. Black Background of Folder Icons in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Background of Folder Icons in Explorer?: Hello, I am currently running Windows 11 on my system the new version 23H2 For about two weeks or so now I have began to notice that when I go into my Download Folder - my Folders have a black box background only on some of them. As you can see by the image below. A few steps...
  4. Background and icons turn black at random times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background and icons turn black at random times.: Hi, so i recently updated my windows 10 pc to windows 11. And i am still having an issue related to the desktop: at seemingly random moments when i update the desktop by either selecting with the mouse or hovering over an icon, the background turns black. Then when i restart...
  5. Background and icons turn black at random times.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background and icons turn black at random times.: Hi, so i recently updated my windows 10 pc to windows 11. And i am still having an issue related to the desktop: at seemingly random moments when i update the desktop by either selecting with the mouse or hovering over an icon, the background turns black. Then when i restart...
  6. Windows 10 background randomly turns black

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 background randomly turns black: For about a month now, desktop background on my Windows 10 has been randomly turning black. I have no clue what why this happens and figured out that User Account Control window and enabling/disabling desktop icons I use this quite often almost always turn my background...
  7. windows desktop background is turning black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows desktop background is turning black: recently I had a problem where when I left click and highlight it would turn black or when I highlight and icon it would turn black or sometimes the whole background would turn back every like 5 minutes, after coming here to ask what was wrong I ran a virus scan on Windows...
  8. Windows 2004 Update - Background turned Black & User Login Icon is Not Transparent

Windows 2004 Update - Background turned Black & User Login Icon is Not Transparent: After installing 2004 Update, restarting, and shutting down from login screen, the user icon used for the login screen and start menu is not transparent. It also lost track of the background, theme color setting if any, which had to be reverted. I am still testing to see how...
  9. My deskstop background slowly turning black?

My deskstop background slowly turning black?: for some reason every time i try to change my background it makes black blocks in difference places everytime i restart my pc or log in, it keeps going and the background goes all black after a while? can anyone tell me whats going on[IMG]...
  10. Some Folder Icons have a Black Background

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Folder Icons have a Black Background: I think since the latest Windows 10 update some of my icons have a black background to them, sometimes they don't *update*. [img] What could be causing this? I've tried deleting the thumbnail cache using CCleaner and Disk Cleaner but that didn't seem to help. Any...