Windows 10: Icons and Background turn black?

Discus and support Icons and Background turn black? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an ASUS TUF GAMING FX504 Series laptop, which I got about a year and a half ago. Over the past couple months, sometimes when I hover over an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by magmalikesfood, Aug 1, 2020 at 8:07 PM.

1. Icons and Background turn black?

I have an ASUS TUF GAMING FX504 Series laptop, which I got about a year and a half ago. Over the past couple months, sometimes when I hover over an icon, it turns black. If I highlight my desktop, that turns black too. Why does this happen and how can I fix this?

:)

magmalikesfood, Aug 1, 2020 at 8:07 PM

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Aug 1, 2020 at 8:09 PM
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

4. Remon Ont Win User

Icons and Background turn black?

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Thema:

Icons and Background turn black?

1. Icons and Background turn black? - Similar Threads - Icons Background turn

2. Windows 2004 Update - Background turned Black & User Login Icon is Not Transparent

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 2004 Update - Background turned Black & User Login Icon is Not Transparent: After installing 2004 Update, restarting, and shutting down from login screen, the user icon used for the login screen and start menu is not transparent. It also lost track of the background, theme color setting if any, which had to be reverted. I am still testing to see how...
  3. Desktop turning black & black squres behind icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop turning black & black squres behind icons: When I do a selection (click and drag) the space that I selected turns my desktop background black. When my cursor goes over an icon, a black square appears behind it. Also, when I drag an icon around on the desktop, all of the background turns black. All of this started...
  4. My deskstop background slowly turning black?

My deskstop background slowly turning black?: for some reason every time i try to change my background it makes black blocks in difference places everytime i restart my pc or log in, it keeps going and the background goes all black after a while? can anyone tell me whats going on[IMG]...
  5. Some toolbar icons turned black

Some toolbar icons turned black: Some of my toolbar icons turned black. They are still there but hidden. How can I reset the toolbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-toolbar-icons-turned-black/7ab47c58-5344-4982-b1b9-a4bba3639c28
  6. Shortcut Icons Have Turned Black!

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut Icons Have Turned Black!: All my shortcut icons have turned black! Can't seem to do anything about it. Help! 126768
  7. Black background

Black background: When I switched un my computer this morning it asked for a password. I was horrified because with Microsoft help I did away with the password option a few years ago. I switched off and took out battery and when I powered up again it seemed fine but the background is black...
  8. Black background

Black background: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and my desktop theme/picture is fine, but my task bar and all other screens have a black back ground. How do I change this? 38382
  9. Some Folder Icons have a Black Background

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Folder Icons have a Black Background: I think since the latest Windows 10 update some of my icons have a black background to them, sometimes they don't *update*. [img] What could be causing this? I've tried deleting the thumbnail cache using CCleaner and Disk Cleaner but that didn't seem to help. Any...
  10. Invisible Icon on desktop turns black

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible Icon on desktop turns black: I wanted to display a brief text message on the desktop, so (cleverly) created a shortcut, then changed the title to my string and found an invisible icon in Imageres.ico. Worked great until I restarted explorer. The invisible icon became black and would not change until I...