Windows 10: icons and text have an edge

Discus and support icons and text have an edge in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, my app icons and windows texts have an edge and showing as they have can't use graphics! but drivers installed and up to date... what's wrong?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nima Kheradmand, Jun 29, 2020.

1. icons and text have an edge

Hi, my app icons and windows texts have an edge and showing as they have can't use graphics! but drivers installed and up to date...

what's wrong?

Windows 10 2004

:)

Nima Kheradmand, Jun 29, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 29, 2020
  3. No Cortana Icon on Microsoft Edge

Hi Praveen,

It is possible that the Show search and site suggestions as I type option in Microsoft Edge isn't enabled which explains why the Cortana icon is not visible. To check, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the Menu button (...).
    • Click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge
      option.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Show search and site suggestions as I type option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jun 29, 2020
  4. icons and text have an edge

microsoft edge icon missing from task bar

Hi Robert,

We suggest that you open Microsoft Edge via Run just to verify if Microsoft Edge is installed in the PC. If it comes up, pin it to the taskbar.

To open Microsoft Edge via Run, see steps below:

• Open Run by pressing the Windows key + R.
    • In the text field, type microsoft-edge: and then click
      OK

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

icons and text have an edge

1. icons and text have an edge - Similar Threads - icons text edge

2. only have icon but dont have any text

in Windows 10 Customization
    only have icon but dont have any text: thanks i upload the pic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-have-icon-but-dont-have-any-text/97500dd9-a45a-4f12-8449-fcced08ca2db
  3. Desktop applications not having icons, just text.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop applications not having icons, just text.: Yesterday, I log on to my pc like normal, and see that all my applications have no icons. Just wording for it. They all function properly. Properties will not open on any of the application on desktop. Icons will show on the start menu, but not on file explore. Some icons on...
  4. Is there a way to have custom presets for maximizing text on Edge or Word?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to have custom presets for maximizing text on Edge or Word?: I work with my laptop plugged into a monitor, half the time I unplug my laptop and use it alone without peripherals or monitor. The problem is I have to zoom in atleast 150% when I use my monitor so I can see text. Once I use my laptops screen I have to again set it back to...
  5. Why does new edge have poor text rendering?

in Browsers and Email
    Why does new edge have poor text rendering?: So I decided to try new Edge and found its text rendering to be much worse than old Edge. See image below and you will see old edge is perfect even when zooming in 400%, new edge is blocky. [img] 150579
  6. Why does new edge have poor text rendering?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does new edge have poor text rendering?: So I decided to try new Edge and found its text rendering to be much worse than old Edge. See image below and you will see old edge is perfect even when zooming in 400%, new edge is blocky. [img] 150579
  7. i have no text system configuration text and icon dissapear not this its look not have ico...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i have no text system configuration text and icon dissapear not this its look not have ico...: i have no text system configuration text and icon dissapear not this its look not have icon i reinstall win doesnt help [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-text-system-configuration-text-and-icon/f766e650-2140-4c8c-b632-247a6764f941
  8. Where Have These Icons gone in MS Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Where Have These Icons gone in MS Edge?: Apologies for asking such a simple question. I have recently had to move to a new laptop, which has WIN 10 Home on it and I have found all sorts of things that are different from WIN 10 Pro, which I am used to. At the moment, I cannot locate the icons below in MS Edge. What...
  9. size of icon and text on favorites bar in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    size of icon and text on favorites bar in Microsoft Edge: 1803 just downloaded, I need to get things back the way they were, the icons and text in favorites bar are smaller than they were, how to make larger 109809
  10. icon text

in Windows 10 Support
    icon text: The area in the display settings to change font sizes etc is grayed out and I can not find any way to make my various text sizes bold... pls adv. 12081