Windows 10: Icons and Thumbnails

Discus and support Icons and Thumbnails in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am above average computer knowledgeable, but I have problem I can not seem to resolve. My system is 64 bit Windows 10 Pro.and I have performed many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gilconsult, May 18, 2019.

1. Icons and Thumbnails

I am above average computer knowledgeable, but I have problem I can not seem to resolve. My system is 64 bit Windows 10 Pro.and I have performed many known fixes and can not resolve the problem. I want to only view thumbnails and not Icons but I keep getting part thumbnails and a lesser amount of icons in my picture files. My viewer is Photos (Windows recommended). Tried Photoshop and no change.

Of course, I unchecked always show icons. I also went to system-advanced settings-unchecked peek and only checked show thumbnails instead of icons.

Anyone have any suggestions?

:)

gilconsult, May 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, May 18, 2019
  3. Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 18, 2019
  4. Icons and Thumbnails

Thumbnails

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Follow the steps provided below to turn Thumbnails on/off:

• Open File Explorer.
    • In the Menu bar, click on View and then Options.
    • In the View tab, uncheck/check the option for “Display file icon on thumbnails” to disable/enable thumbnails.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Icons and Thumbnails

1. Icons and Thumbnails - Similar Threads - Icons Thumbnails

2. Windows 10 Large/XL Icons/Thumbnails are completely missing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Large/XL Icons/Thumbnails are completely missing.: I have for several weeks now had an issue with my explorer. I believe I first noticed it after running a pc cleanup utility that I have since deleted, and can't for the life of me remember the name of it was likely malware. I have run several malware cleaning utilities now...
  3. Thumbnail support for custom folder icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnail support for custom folder icon?: I know how to change the icon of a folder, but the thumbnails are not showing on it. I have thumbnails enabled for everything so that's not a possible issue. Is there a way to fix it? 179936
  4. Same problem as JEROL and CAROLINEJOHNSON from 2017 with icons instead of thumbnails for...

Same problem as JEROL and CAROLINEJOHNSON from 2017 with icons instead of thumbnails for...: Windows 10 20H2 : I have tried so many fixes from WFExp View Options, search for corrupted files and register problems, to running different media players as default. I still only see the icons created by the selected default app instead of thumbnails....
  5. Thumbnails and app icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnails and app icons: Hi there,So what is happening is the pictures are not showing in the thumbnail. To all my photos, the icon is blank sheet of paper folded at top right corner. Even the icon for photos application is the same. However, the picture shows up at thumbnails once they are opened....
  6. Non-square images no longer show thumbnails in Small Icons or Details

in Windows 10 Support
    Non-square images no longer show thumbnails in Small Icons or Details: Perry Mason in the case of the missing small thumbnail icons... Non-square images no longer show thumbnails in Small Icons or Details. Although it might appear to you my text here is a copy of the below link to a post at "answers".Microsoft.com by David H, I can assure you it...
  7. Thumbnails of photos and some icons on taskbar are not visible.

Thumbnails of photos and some icons on taskbar are not visible.: Hi guys, I have been getting this issue for past week, I updated my windows to newer version 20H2 in this time too, but thumbnails and some icons don't show up. I am not able to preview images in a folder. I already have tried every possible solution in file explorer options...
  8. desktop icons change to picture thumbnail .

desktop icons change to picture thumbnail .: I have tried everything i know how to, but unable to change desktop icon to picture thumbnail. Need help. Is there a software to download to help?...
  9. How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons

How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons: Hello! I have changed icons of my folders to "horizontal type". I want to ask if it's possible to "customize" folder thumbnail to fit my new horizontal icons. (example image below). (My windows version is 20H2) [img] 175981
  10. Windows keeps randomly having issues loading thumbnails / icons, and general Explorer.exe...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps randomly having issues loading thumbnails / icons, and general Explorer.exe...: https://i.imgur.com/cfHLVF7.png At some point during the day, Windows will just start glitching out like this and not loading any thumbnails for images, or even the proper icons for filetypes. Nothing seems to fix it other than a complete reboot. Also, trying to open Quick...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i see thumnails instead of icons on windows 10