Windows 10: Icons and thumbnails

Discus and support Icons and thumbnails in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, hope you can help. Ok, in Windows 7, when changing the desktop pic, you could see thumbnails of the pics you wanted to select. I have fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cawright1, Jun 13, 2016.

1. cawright1 Win User

Icons and thumbnails

Hi all, hope you can help. Ok, in Windows 7, when changing the desktop pic, you could see thumbnails of the pics you wanted to select. I have fixed this in windows 10, all well and good, BUT, I now have thumbnails of pics on my desktop that previusly were just icons. I'd rather have just icons on my destop not thumbs. So, is it possible to have different views for diffeent parts of the computer - ala Windows 7? Or is my choice, ALL icons / ALL thumbnails?

:)

cawright1, Jun 13, 2016

2. PDF thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 windows explorer

Windows 10's windows explorer does not show PDF thumbnails, only the PDF icon.... Checked all of my icon/thumbnail settings all are set to show thumbnails not icons ….. 95% of my work is with PDF's please fix or inform how to switch back to 8.1 …... NO PDF
    THUMBNAILS IS HURTING MY BUSINESS....

ChrisMalchow, Jun 13, 2016
  3. Change Folder icons

yse but I want to set custom icons but don't want to lose thumbnails....so is it possible?

Mitul gajjar, Jun 13, 2016
  4. cawright1 Win User

Icons and thumbnails

Any assistance at all? I should add that I've tried tailoring the folders differently. ie - Desktop customised to 'general' and my pictures folder customised to 'pictures'. Still, despite this, pics are still showing as thumbnails on the desktop.

cawright1, Jun 14, 2016
Thema:

Icons and thumbnails

1. Icons and thumbnails - Similar Threads - Icons thumbnails

2. Windows 10 Large/XL Icons/Thumbnails are completely missing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Large/XL Icons/Thumbnails are completely missing.: I have for several weeks now had an issue with my explorer. I believe I first noticed it after running a pc cleanup utility that I have since deleted, and can't for the life of me remember the name of it was likely malware. I have run several malware cleaning utilities now...
  3. Thumbnail support for custom folder icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnail support for custom folder icon?: I know how to change the icon of a folder, but the thumbnails are not showing on it. I have thumbnails enabled for everything so that's not a possible issue. Is there a way to fix it? 179936
  4. Same problem as JEROL and CAROLINEJOHNSON from 2017 with icons instead of thumbnails for...

Same problem as JEROL and CAROLINEJOHNSON from 2017 with icons instead of thumbnails for...: Windows 10 20H2 : I have tried so many fixes from WFExp View Options, search for corrupted files and register problems, to running different media players as default. I still only see the icons created by the selected default app instead of thumbnails....
  5. Thumbnails and app icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnails and app icons: Hi there,So what is happening is the pictures are not showing in the thumbnail. To all my photos, the icon is blank sheet of paper folded at top right corner. Even the icon for photos application is the same. However, the picture shows up at thumbnails once they are opened....
  6. Non-square images no longer show thumbnails in Small Icons or Details

in Windows 10 Support
    Non-square images no longer show thumbnails in Small Icons or Details: Perry Mason in the case of the missing small thumbnail icons... Non-square images no longer show thumbnails in Small Icons or Details. Although it might appear to you my text here is a copy of the below link to a post at "answers".Microsoft.com by David H, I can assure you it...
  7. Thumbnails of photos and some icons on taskbar are not visible.

Thumbnails of photos and some icons on taskbar are not visible.: Hi guys, I have been getting this issue for past week, I updated my windows to newer version 20H2 in this time too, but thumbnails and some icons don't show up. I am not able to preview images in a folder. I already have tried every possible solution in file explorer options...
  8. desktop icons change to picture thumbnail .

desktop icons change to picture thumbnail .: I have tried everything i know how to, but unable to change desktop icon to picture thumbnail. Need help. Is there a software to download to help?...
  9. How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons

How to customize folder thumbnails to fit custom folder icons: Hello! I have changed icons of my folders to "horizontal type". I want to ask if it's possible to "customize" folder thumbnail to fit my new horizontal icons. (example image below). (My windows version is 20H2) [img] 175981
  10. Windows keeps randomly having issues loading thumbnails / icons, and general Explorer.exe...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps randomly having issues loading thumbnails / icons, and general Explorer.exe...: https://i.imgur.com/cfHLVF7.png At some point during the day, Windows will just start glitching out like this and not loading any thumbnails for images, or even the proper icons for filetypes. Nothing seems to fix it other than a complete reboot. Also, trying to open Quick...