Windows 10: Icons are changed into box outline

Discus and support Icons are changed into box outline in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, After last update of my windows some of windows icons like network icon in Notification bar and all icons of windows security Virus & Threat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by akashghosal, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Icons are changed into box outline

Hello,

After last update of my windows some of windows icons like network icon in Notification bar and all icons of windows security Virus & Threat Protection, Account Protection,..... are converted in a blue outlined box...i have concerned about may it affected with virus or is it any new bug in windows 10.

:)

akashghosal, Mar 26, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Icons are changed into box outline

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Icons are changed into box outline

1. Icons are changed into box outline - Similar Threads - Icons are changed

2. Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons.: Greetings, When I click in the search box, where it says "type here to search", on the left side of the Task Bar, at the top of the popup window that shows, from left to right, is: All/Apps/Documents/Web and More, which has a down arrow that pops out:...
  3. Outlines & File explorer has white search box!

Outlines & File explorer has white search box!: As you can see my file explorer has a white search bar + I have weird outlines that I cant seem to get rid of! I've factory resetting the pc going into command promt as an admin then killing starting an "explorer" command simply checking if I have any ease of access settings...
  4. white outline on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    white outline on desktop icons: When i highlight a desktop shortcut then click off of it it will have a white border and i dont know why it does it at all i dont know when this started as well i just logged on one day and it was like this anyone know why this is/why its happening?...
  5. Outline Of A Box In The Middle of The desktop

Outline Of A Box In The Middle of The desktop: [ATTACH] Hi, I have an issue with windows 10 where this white outline of a box appears on my screen after entering a full screen application. My pc is very new (like a week old) and i'm pretty sure it has been there since i got it. It just started to bother me now. This...
  6. Where did the box outline go when opening folders?

Where did the box outline go when opening folders?: https://imgur.com/a/7cbWCKb see that?The usual outline is not visible anymore out of nowhere but shows up again if I open the task bar.I just noticed it today. submitted by /u/wiseude [link] [comments]...
  7. Selection box/area on Desktop is transparent with dotted outline.

Selection box/area on Desktop is transparent with dotted outline.: As the question says, the selection box/area on the desktop is transparent with a dotted outline as you can see in the image below. Generally it is a blue-ish translucent box. This just happened randomly. Also I have a PC and a Laptop and it has happened on both. Windows 10...
  8. Outline in Narration Box | Windows Settings

Outline in Narration Box | Windows Settings: Hi! This is a question about my Windows 10 Enterprise Distribution that I'm using and currently, actively modifying. Could anyone please provide on insight on what this is and what triggers it to happen? Whenever I go into Windows Update on my normal PC, my cursor...
  9. Folder Sharing windows are missing outlines and tick boxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Sharing windows are missing outlines and tick boxes: See the photo below. Permission windows are missing the tick boxes, even when i tick them i dont see any change [img] [img] 89971
  10. Outlined text under desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlined text under desktop icons: Hi. The text under my desktop icons are "outlined" and very hard to read (see screenshot). Where can I change this setting? Thanks. [img] 95463