Windows 10: Icons are missing EVERYWHERE! Explorer etc etc

Discus and support Icons are missing EVERYWHERE! Explorer etc etc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I TRIED EVERY STUPID THING IN THE ENTIRE INTERNET. - Right CLick refresh on desktop (no) - Delete icon cache and every IconCache.db ****. (no) -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by J4YK0B, Jun 4, 2019.

1. J4YK0B Win User

Icons are missing EVERYWHERE! Explorer etc etc

I TRIED EVERY STUPID THING IN THE ENTIRE INTERNET.

- Right CLick refresh on desktop (no)

- Delete icon cache and every IconCache.db ****. (no)

- revamp the last WIN Update (didnt worked)

- installed the latest update (didnt work)

- use "cleanmgr.exe" to remove thumbnails etc icon data

- Boot in Safe mode, tf this could have done? (no)

Im scrolling through threads and Videos since 3 hours and TRIED EVERYTHING!

Cant even list everything here.

Im the f done...

i restarted my pc by now about 30 times.

what the **** is wrong with windows.........

Icons are missing EVERYWHERE! Explorer etc etc [​IMG]

[moved from German forums]

:)

J4YK0B, Jun 4, 2019
  2. FrankS Win User

Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

Hi
    In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive in 'This Computer' the Eject option is missing.
    In PC Settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Notification area/Select which icons appear on the taskbar I have 'Always show all icons in the notification area' switched on & all items in the list are in the 'on' state including 'Windows Explorer (Safely Remove Hardware & Eject Media).
    Any suggestions?

FrankS, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jun 4, 2019
  4. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Icons are missing EVERYWHERE! Explorer etc etc - Similar Threads - Icons are missing

2. Windows Trojans/worms/Bad CAs/useless apps, etc, etc, etc......

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Trojans/worms/Bad CAs/useless apps, etc, etc, etc......: Hello. First off, Don't give me this use your Virus scanner ****. Windows is full of **** that can be exploited and lately the hackers have upped their game. They all over the net and they are ALWAYS one step ahead by nature.I have no doubt i had/have a some type of "hack",...
  3. Personalisation etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalisation etc: Folks I have spent a few hours over the last couple of days with Microsoft Chat but the problem still exists. The Microsoft person took control of my screen etc. and after trying different things like repairing some corrupt files that were found to system restore to...
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer, etc...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 File Explorer, etc...: Please help, I have contacted Techinical Support dozens of times, was escalated to Level 2 support only to not hear back from them. They continually tell me to call the 1-800 number, which tells me to go to the website and disconnects me...where I am then told to call the...
  5. File Explorer crashing, not showing icons etc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashing, not showing icons etc: You name it, it's happening with File Explorer. I have run sfc/scannow and all the DISM commands I can find. I have restarted explorer, I have deleted the cache and I have run windows UPDATE not to change file and data and still no resolve. Are you serious right now...
  6. Windows cannot access etc. etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot access etc. etc.: Am running WIN 10 Home with latest updates. When I try to access a programm, WorldNavaids, I get the following message. Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item. I have, in the properties section...
  7. Windows Defender and McAfee Internet Security etc. etc. etc.???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender and McAfee Internet Security etc. etc. etc.???: Hello. First of all, on a scale from 1 to 10, my computer skills are about 3+/-. So be gentle please. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My IP gives me free McAfee Internet Security with my plan. I see so many conflicting views regarding the idea that all one...
  8. microsoft account, lost password, locked PC, etc. etc. etc.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    microsoft account, lost password, locked PC, etc. etc. etc.: I have Windows 7 so had no idea how screwed up this could get. I've googled this for 3 hours and the simplest of answers will never be provided. No one seems to be able to think thoroughly on this. My 90 yr old dad has a hosed PC. It now has his login screen associated...
  9. Icons missing for Calc/Edge/Mail etc after last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons missing for Calc/Edge/Mail etc after last update: I'm battling to try and work this one out. It appears that after the last major update, the icons are screwed up: Here is what I get on my start bar: [img] The first blank one is "Mail", and as you can see it has no icon. The 2nd one is Edge (open), and again you...
  10. Missing icons when adjusting volume, playing, pausing etc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing icons when adjusting volume, playing, pausing etc: Hello guys, I have this strange problem. When I adjust my volume or try to change the song the icons, which display the feature, show as little squares, here's a picture of the problem. [img] Any ideas? Thank you! 73267