Windows 10: Icons are missing

Discus and support Icons are missing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So... I got a problem, my icons are missing. Normally I can fix this, but this is different. There are ZERO icons, not even white boxes. Not on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Noah Hilll, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Icons are missing

So... I got a problem, my icons are missing. Normally I can fix this, but this is different. There are ZERO icons, not even white boxes. Not on my Desktop, Start Menu, Taskbar, or in any apps. I've tried everything on resetting the icon cache, but with no luck with 3rd party software or through CMD. Even with Admin it still just says I don't have permission. I've even tried to reset it through a live boot of Ubuntu. And yes, before you ask, I did make sure my drive letter was in fact C:\ it is It also thinks it's installed on WTG Windows to go but it's not, it's on an internal drive.

If anyone knows how to fix this help would be much appreciated. But tbh I'm almost sure it's not the icon cache but something else because it only happened after I fixed another problem. but after reversing what I did it's still the same. Please help, I need to get this thing fixed soon because it is the only thing I got other than my phone and I really don't want to do a clean install.

Icons are missing eacdddbd-1f2e-4553-9739-e765c34fcc25?upload=true.png

Specs:

OS= Windows 10 Home

PC= Dell Optiplex 3010

Processor= Intel Core i3-3240

:)

Noah Hilll, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Nomgle Win User

Icons are missing

Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

Adding my name to the list of people with weird missing icon problems *Smile Icons are missing :)

Nomgle, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Icons are missing

1. Icons are missing - Similar Threads - Icons are missing

2. Icons missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons missing: Hello, I am having trouble with my icons. It went missing. I don't know how can I have it back to the home screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-missing/30354198-3c23-47bc-9814-c9ed22567516
  3. Icons missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons missing: Hello, I am having trouble with my icons. It went missing. I don't know how can I have it back to the home screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-missing/30354198-3c23-47bc-9814-c9ed22567516
  4. Icons missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. missing icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    missing icons: So I'm sharing a computer with someone and I created a profile to login to my stuff and have my own desktop and ever since I created the profile, on the new profile aka mine every icon is missing, and it's only text, and there is nothing on the navigation panel, I don't know...
  6. Icons Missing

Icons Missing: Hello,My question is that some icons in my start menu are displayed as image files. I have provided a screenshot below of what it looks like to me. As shown both my calculator and Microsoft store icons are shown as image files. They function and open fine but are just...
  7. Missing Icons

Missing Icons: On my task bar where there is all my favourite apps, some of them are there but there is some gaps. I can still click on them and right click on them to show options. Please help....
  8. Missing icon

Missing icon: AV icon has dissapeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-icon/3bd7f0f3-b0c6-48a9-ba0d-b055bf7dad2c
  9. Icons missing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons missing.: I lost all my shortcuts and the whole right side of this screenshot. I did it by unpinning Firefox. Then everything disappeared. How can I get them back? Don Cole Before: [img] After: [img] 144889
  10. Missing Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Icon: I have a program called IDE.exe. It uses the drawing board icon. [img] It creates a project file with the extension .prj. The project uses the hammer icon. [img] IDE.exe is there with the proper icon. [img] But the .prj file shows white square (no icon)....