Windows 10: Icons are not visible on Desktop

Discus and support Icons are not visible on Desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I can not see the all the icons on desktop and the single icon is visible but it is showing very long strip. I have tried to do the hidden files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Manika Aggarwal, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Icons are not visible on Desktop

Hi, I can not see the all the icons on desktop and the single icon is visible but it is showing very long strip. I have tried to do the hidden files but all the files are visible on inside file explorer folder. I have tried to copy the same file from the inside folder it showing file already existing on desktop. Please help. Manika

:)

Manika Aggarwal, Dec 2, 2023

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Dec 2, 2023
  3. Desktop Icons

Desktop icons are stored in two separate places:

• In C:\Users\Public\Desktop. These icons are visible to all accounts.
    • In C:\Users\CuzClan\Desktop. These icons are visible to CuzClan only.
    You can now arrange it so that certain icons are visible to everyone.

Please remember to mark my reply by clicking "Did this solve your problem?".

Frederik Long, Dec 2, 2023
  4. Darshan J Win User

Icons are not visible on Desktop

icon screen

Hi Richard,

To help you better provide us with the information below.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software changes on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you Right click on Desktop Window> View > Check Shows desktop icons, check if the desktop icons are back on desktop.

Check if the Icons or files are available in the My Documents>Desktop folder, check if icons are visible in the folder.

Get back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Dec 2, 2023
Thema:

Icons are not visible on Desktop

1. Icons are not visible on Desktop - Similar Threads - Icons are visible

2. Icons are not visible on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons are not visible on Desktop: Hi, I can not see the all the icons on desktop and the single icon is visible but it is showing very long strip. I have tried to do the hidden files but all the files are visible on inside file explorer folder. I have tried to copy the same file from the inside folder it...
  3. Certain icons are not visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain icons are not visible: Icons of the apps I have downloaded from Microsoft Store are basically just an image icon I tried commands like "sfc /scannow" and still it doesn't fix it, but when I create a new User on Windows, in that profile icons are showing properly, is there any way to fix it on my...
  4. Bluetooth Icon not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Icon not visible: The Bluetooth icon is not being displayed on my laptop even though Bluetooth itself is on. I am unable to send or receive files through Bluetooth how do I fix this? I have tried restarting the windows explorer from the task manager but that didn't fix anything....
  5. Have icon for application visible on one Desktop not all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have icon for application visible on one Desktop not all: Is there a way to make programs only visible on specific desktops? For example I have a desktop that I have named "Games", how would I go about having the steam icon only show up on this desktop and no others. Right now when I create a new desktop it's and exact copy of the...
  6. Have icon for application visible on one Desktop not all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have icon for application visible on one Desktop not all: Is there a way to make programs only visible on specific desktops? For example I have a desktop that I have named "Games", how would I go about having the steam icon only show up on this desktop and no others. Right now when I create a new desktop it's and exact copy of the...
  7. Have icon for application visible on one Desktop not all

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Icons No Longer Visible

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons No Longer Visible: Hello, I have a folder with 60 image files, and I can't seem to get an icon for any of them, much less use the Preview pane, in the View Menu of an Explorer window. Slogging through 60 images by opening them one by one seems a bit...problematic. I have been through the...
  9. desktop icons are not visible in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons are not visible in windows 10: icons are not visible in my windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/desktop-icons-are-not-visible-in-windows-10/51eae92c-eb25-4db8-a2ec-41215fca423f
  10. screen becomes black, but desktop icons visible

in Windows 10 Support
    screen becomes black, but desktop icons visible: Hi there, I have windows 10 home, version 1709, latest built. My problem is that for some days now, out of a sudden the screen become black. The icons on the desktop are still there, but the icons on the taskbar are gone. I can restore everything by open the task manager...