Windows 10: Icons are only showing up sometimes, help?

Discus and support Icons are only showing up sometimes, help? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I was customizing my computer with pretty icons, and this is the result. I customized all of the desktop icons but the recycling bin, and also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YoshikoTsushima, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Icons are only showing up sometimes, help?

So I was customizing my computer with pretty icons, and this is the result. I customized all of the desktop icons but the recycling bin, and also various folders.

Icons are only showing up sometimes, help? [​IMG]

I decided that I should log in to an account that I had left empty for a while on this computer and this is what it looks like, a year after I left.

Icons are only showing up sometimes, help? 2d4949b5-70fe-4303-be84-517d3cb2766c?upload=true.png

Desktop and Explorer icons are gone, and some Explorer options are completely missing and unclickable.

My account with the "Yoshiko Tsushima" name was safe as seen in the first screenshot, but the account in the second screenshot, and all other accounts, have the problem in the second screenshot, which was weird.

I installed 2 apps before I logged, a startup sound changer that was about 400KB, and an app that I already uninstalled. I wonder if they have anything to do with it.

:)

YoshikoTsushima, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 photo thumbnail preview not working - getting generic icons showing up instead - Need help please

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if that helps.

• Open This PC on Taskbar.
    • Click or Tap on Pictures folder.
    • Click on View.
    • Click or tap on Options and select Change folder and Search options.
    • Click on View and uncheck Always show icons, Never thumbnails.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Icons are only showing up sometimes, help?

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Icons are only showing up sometimes, help?

1. Icons are only showing up sometimes, help? - Similar Threads - Icons are showing

2. drag and drop icons sometimes do not show and are not transparent. please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drag and drop icons sometimes do not show and are not transparent. please help: when I try to drag items, it is not transparent and sometimes even the icons do not show up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-icons-sometimes-do-not-show-and-are/5c3cd712-049c-4e13-8492-453437f1d47d
  3. drag and drop icons sometimes do not show and are not transparent. please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    drag and drop icons sometimes do not show and are not transparent. please help: when I try to drag items, it is not transparent and sometimes even the icons do not show up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-icons-sometimes-do-not-show-and-are/5c3cd712-049c-4e13-8492-453437f1d47d
  4. Thumbnails not showing, only icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails not showing, only icons: Hi.I`ve tried all the recommendations that were on Google, and cant get the thumbnails to come back.All of these I`ve tried..............https://allthings.how/10-ways-to-fix-image-and-video-thumbnails-not-showing-problem-on-windows-10/Even asked "Bleeping Computer" forum...
  5. Icons not showing up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons not showing up.: Hi, I have recently experienced issues with my laptop. The icons are not showing up on the desktop, taskbar or explorer. Please can I get some help. Thanks Here are some screenshots, Also, if helpful, my laptop is a Huawei matebook d14 AMD R7 G2QPM20B14000748 [IMG]...
  6. Taskbar Hidden icons, show wrong icons sometimes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Hidden icons, show wrong icons sometimes: Hello everyone i have problem with hidden icons on taskbar, when im start my PC all good the problem happend, when im close/exit the app and back later or Immediate so its show wrong icon. most time the icon of windows defender or mic icon. so if has some solution for the...
  7. The title names in Apps are sometimes not shown only small icons are show as shown in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The title names in Apps are sometimes not shown only small icons are show as shown in...: [ATTACH][ATTACH]See names of thumbnails are absent https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-title-names-in-apps-are-sometimes-not-shown/efa53a17-f470-48c3-ae21-bc7c47ca8267
  8. Icons Not Showing only file name

Icons Not Showing only file name: I know Microsoft word converts a pdf to editable word file..Now the issue I m facing 1. I opend the Word 2016 version 2. was browsing for a pdf file from my pc 3 .I noticed in the browsing search box while loading all the pdfs from user folder the icons were changing...
  9. Thumbnails showing only icon

Thumbnails showing only icon: Why do thumbnails of downloaded photos now show only the icon, not the picture? Can this be cured? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnails-showing-only-icon/fa5d3dc9-bd66-4142-8704-d8c8afc0bfba"
  10. Icon issue (pictures not showing sometimes)

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon issue (pictures not showing sometimes): What causes these 3 square blocks? [img] happens on various forums and websites. chrome 10 dell My system: View image: info pc 50003