Windows 10: Icons are screwed after install

Discus and support Icons are screwed after install in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After installing Win10 on my desktop pc (which went without a hitch) all of my icons were screwed up. None of my icons are showing up properly. I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chucklehead, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Icons are screwed after install

After installing Win10 on my desktop pc (which went without a hitch) all of my icons were screwed up. None of my icons are showing up properly. I get just the blank page icon (see below). None of Start Menu icons are right either.

I've deleted and rebuilt the icon cache but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Icons are screwed after install [​IMG]

:)

chucklehead, Aug 22, 2015
  2. waldo21 Win User

Windows 10 Surface Book Icon position not saving

After the recent windows 10 build and subsequent updates, my icon position keeps getting screwed up. I've changed it back for the umpteenth time now and am really getting annoyed. How can I get it to save the icon position?

waldo21, Aug 22, 2015
  3. After 1511,10586 Upgrade, Edge Favorites are screwed up

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to refer the following link which has a similar issue:

Problems with Favorites in Microsoft Edge

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 22, 2015
  4. Icons are screwed after install

Has this been addressed elsewhere? Did I post in the wrong section?

chucklehead, Aug 30, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
  6. Tried it already. Cleared, rebuilt and reset.
    No luck.
    Also used a script to take ownership of certain folders to see if that was the problem. Didn't work either.
    All of the shortcut icons in my Start Menu are the same way. Tried resetting the icon and that didn't take either. I can assign a custom icon but none of the default icons work.

chucklehead, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Icons are screwed after install

1. Icons are screwed after install - Similar Threads - Icons are screwed

2. I'm screwed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I'm screwed: While trying to get my controller to work I deleted a driver related to said controller since somewhere I read that could help. Nothing happened and I thought the driver would be reinstalled once I restart my pc. Instead when I got into the start I noticed My mouse and...
  3. Windows 10 Stat Menu always screws up Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Stat Menu always screws up Icons: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my Dell Latitude 7290 2in1 tablet/laptop. I had an issue before but after a clean install of Windows 10 and after installing some software its back. When installing some applications their icons has taken over some system icons....
  4. How Screwed Up is My Windows Installation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How Screwed Up is My Windows Installation?: Currently running Windows 10 version 1909. Over the past few weeks I've started to notice some odd behavior that's made me think my current installation might be boned and that I need to reinstall. These include: - I can't download anything from the Microsoft Store app,...
  5. Is this windows 10 install completely screwed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this windows 10 install completely screwed?: A family member gave me a laptop to try and repair that has a problem with windows 10 stuck in a boot loop. It starts loading windows 10 then the system restarts itself at one of two points. Either shortly after the dotted circle starts spinning or after a message comes up...
  6. Desktop icon after installation/update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon after installation/update: Is there a way to prevent programs to add their shortcut to the desktop after installing/updating when you cant untick the option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-after-installationupdate/14be3433-7448-43ab-8715-b0a330b2aab3
  7. Desktop Icons screwing up again.

Desktop Icons screwing up again.: New computer, only browsers have been added. I have many shortcuts to web sites arranged on the desk top to make them easier to find. I create one more and place it where I want it. Some time later, it doesn't like to stay where I placed it. It moves to the left side of...
  8. Website content in browsers is screwed up after installing fonts

Website content in browsers is screwed up after installing fonts: In a preliminary step for some design work I'm embarking on, I installed a large group of fonts onto my computer. I'd downloaded these from a variety of sites over time. The installation involved about 25 new font groups, some that have up to 20 fonts within. After the...
  9. MS apps screwed up after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS apps screwed up after updates: Anyone having issues with MS app updates tonight? Loads updated such as news, weather, solitaire. They all appear to launch ok but as soon as we switch to another user they refuse to launch. Store prompts reinstall to repair but that doesn't then download. Seems MS has...
  10. Large Icons after installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Large Icons after installation: I upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently and everything is fine except for the icons, it was too big I set my settings to small icons and its still big. I did the display settings thing still didn't work. help! 11621