Windows 10: Icons are very small. How do I fix this?

Discus and support Icons are very small. How do I fix this? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All of the notifications are really small and I can't do anything.[IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alyssa67, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Alyssa67 Win User

Icons are very small. How do I fix this?

All of the notifications are really small and I can't do anything.Icons are very small. How do I fix this? [​IMG]

:)

Alyssa67, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

Icons are very small. How do I fix this? e377d97f-489c-45cb-8856-ca9160202472.jpg
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Can't fix Control Panel default view: small icons

When I open Control Panel I prefer the small icon view not the Category view. For the years I've used Win 10, it has always opened to small icon view. And if it was Category view, all I'd need to do is use small icon view and it was then fixed for the next time I opened Control Panel.

Recently it's been stuck on Category view, I've tried the 2 common fixes for this:

REGEDIT ForceClassicControlPanel = 1

Or the Group Policy fix, since i have Win 10 Pro.

The only thing I can think of is the change I made to the aerolite Theme to make thicker borders on windows. Maybe this is a bug or a OS corruption.

Any suggestions on fixing this?

GerryPeters, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Icons are very small. How do I fix this?

Icons for app shortcuts are small

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons on your PC, as they are looking too small. For further clarity, please respond to the questions below:

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. How did you create the shortcuts of the applications on the desktop?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try updating the display drivers and check if that helps. Refer the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    . You can also try updating the drivers by downloading them from the manufacturer website.

If the above method doesn’t work, please try the next method.

Method 2:

Try rebuilding the icon cache and check if that helps. Follow the steps mentioned below to clear icon cache.

1. Press Windows + E key on the keyboard to open
      File Explorer.
    2. Now click on View tab and
      check the box
      next to Hidden items.
    3. Navigate to the location: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local

Note:
      Where UserName is the user account name which you are logged into.
    4. Locate IconCache.db file and right click on it.
    5. Now click on Delete and click on
      Yes
    6. Restart the PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Icons are very small. How do I fix this?

1. Icons are very small. How do I fix this? - Similar Threads - Icons are very

2. how to do icons in taskbar is small ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to do icons in taskbar is small ?: how to do icons in taskbar is small ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-icons-in-taskbar-is-small/0f79bda3-699a-4d5d-b235-f6d0e4f3a236
  3. how to do icons in taskbar is small ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to do icons in taskbar is small ?: how to do icons in taskbar is small ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-do-icons-in-taskbar-is-small/0f79bda3-699a-4d5d-b235-f6d0e4f3a236
  4. How do I fix these Icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix these Icons?: Some of the shortcut icons do not match the other icons. I would like to have all my icons to match the ones on the left. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/Sheep_in_wolfs_skin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l68dwh/how_do_i_fix_these_icons/
  5. Game app icons very small.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game app icons very small.: Hi, something happened again on my computer. 'Roblox' and 'minecraft' has become small. Roblox player and Studio too. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-app-icons-very-small/4baf32b1-08f9-4382-8225-b8cef96bb683
  6. very small icons and very small text in taskbar,

very small icons and very small text in taskbar,: Hi ,my name is Colin i have just bought a new Dell inspiron 15 model 3585,The problem i have is tiny text and icons on task bar,and when i right click on anything that text is also so very small,i might add that in settings the text size is normal size, ease of access is of...
  7. How do I restore my very small icons?

How do I restore my very small icons?: I've had very small icons for years. I don't know when or how I got them. But a week or so ago an upgrade automatically changed my desktop icons to a much larger size, which messed up the desktop badly. I can do a rightclick on the desktop and select View and Small Icons...
  8. How do I fix burry fonts or very small fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I fix burry fonts or very small fonts: When I connect to an external monitor (LG 34 inch Ultra via HDMI), my laptop folder fonts (only when attaching a file to email, uploading files etc.) are VERY small. To get them the right size, I have to make the laptop the main monitor and that makes the external monitors...
  9. Shortcut icons appear very small at random

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut icons appear very small at random: I have put shortcuts to all of my games into one folder for easy access. Despite the fact that all of the shortcuts have large icons that can display at any size, some of them are displayed very small. The odd part is, which ones display as small seems to be random. If I...
  10. System icons on taskbar very small

in Windows 10 Support
    System icons on taskbar very small: Anyone able to help as to why after a win 10, [upgraded from win 8.1] upgrade has the system, [Mail,store, and calendar,]icons become very small? The Store icon is half the size as the rest of non "system" icons. Calendar is half the size and the Mail icon is a quarter...