Windows 10: Icons aren't showing up

Discus and support Icons aren't showing up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Im on Windows 10 home edition and my icons for all my games and applications on my desktop are showing up as the internet explore logo with a white... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AidanL1, Dec 5, 2020.

1. AidanL1 Win User

Icons aren't showing up

Im on Windows 10 home edition and my icons for all my games and applications on my desktop are showing up as the internet explore logo with a white page in the bacground how do i get the games and application logos/images back for them

:)

AidanL1, Dec 5, 2020
  2. diego Win User

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Icons aren't showing up [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Dec 5, 2020
  3. Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Icons aren't showing up

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Icons aren't showing up

1. Icons aren't showing up - Similar Threads - Icons aren't showing

2. Some of my settings aren't showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my settings aren't showing up: Some settings such as brightness are not showing up anywhre on my pc that I know of. This means i cannot change my brightness and rely on the auto brightness changer to do it for me, which just makes a white screen full brightness which is not helpful especially late at...
  3. Some of my settings aren't showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of my settings aren't showing up: Some settings such as brightness are not showing up anywhre on my pc that I know of. This means i cannot change my brightness and rely on the auto brightness changer to do it for me, which just makes a white screen full brightness which is not helpful especially late at...
  4. My headphones aren't showing up in the playback devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My headphones aren't showing up in the playback devices.: Even though my headphones are not visible in the play back devices, I can still hear sound through Real Tek audio drivers but the problem is it isn't picking out my headset mic and is using my laptop mic Which is an acer nitro 5. I already have tried to go in sounds and...
  5. App icons aren't showing in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    App icons aren't showing in Start Menu: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,App icons are not showing in Start Menu. I'd reset Start Menu in Registry Editor bit still not fixed. But icons are showing in Start Menu folder....
  6. Icons not showing up.

Icons not showing up.: Hi, I have recently experienced issues with my laptop. The icons are not showing up on the desktop, taskbar or explorer. Please can I get some help. Thanks Here are some screenshots, Also, if helpful, my laptop is a Huawei matebook d14 AMD R7 G2QPM20B14000748 [IMG]...
  7. Desktop Icons Aren't Showing, But Names Are

Desktop Icons Aren't Showing, But Names Are: So I booted up my pc today, and I noticed that none of my desktop icons were showing, and the icons on my taskbar just show a generic icon, except for mail. I've tried troubleshoot, updating, and even rebuilding the icon cache, but noting seems to work. I can still use my...
  8. Some settings aren't showing up.

Some settings aren't showing up.: Hi. I have had many problems I have found solutions to the problem, but couldn't actually fix it because I can't find the settings I need to change. I have looked at some with pictures with the steps, but I don't see nearly as many setting options as in the pictures, and I...
  9. some picture icons aren't showing up and it's driving me nuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    some picture icons aren't showing up and it's driving me nuts: when i say some i mean like 80% of my files? only pictures that i have recently downloaded/made are showing their icons. and it used to be mainly photos that i had moved from my old laptop onto this new one that weren't working, then i tried a bunch of fixes online and i...
  10. Icons not showing up on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons not showing up on desktop: Hello all, I've run into a problem on my laptop where icons are not showing up on the desktop. If I go to Personalization and add icons for My Computer, Recycle Bin, or whatever, they don't show up. Copy-pasting a file to the desktop, it doesn't show up. However, I can see...