Windows 10: Icons blank

Discus and support Icons blank in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, This started happening after about 10 months of using Windows 10. When I click on the start menu, some icons populate and some are blank. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Windowsfree, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Icons blank

Hello,

This started happening after about 10 months of using Windows 10. When I click on the start menu, some icons populate and some are blank. If I hover over them, I get a dialog box of what each icon is for.

Any suggestions on how to stop this?

Thank you

Icons blank [​IMG]

:)

Windowsfree, Dec 28, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

It's not fixed, today my GPU-Z icon is a blank shortcut icon again..
    And it says GPU-Z.exe does not contain an icon

Icons blank gpu-z-blank-icon-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Flava0ne Win User

I created an icon a while back to suggest it for replacement with a black PCB.

Flava0ne, Dec 28, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Icons blank

Just installed the latest version of GPU-Z and I'm having that blank icon shortcut again...

P4-630, Dec 28, 2018
  5. sofia New Member
    Hello,

This issue might be occurred if some file are corrupted.
    For resolving this issue you should create a new user account but if this solution not solved your problem then follow these steps:
    Run SFC scan. SFC scan means System file checker.
    SFC in window allow to user scan the corrupted and restore the corrupted files.

sofia, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Icons blank

1. Icons blank - Similar Threads - Icons blank

2. How do I restore all my desktop icons? Screen went blank downloading music to iphone....Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I restore all my desktop icons? Screen went blank downloading music to iphone....Help: Lost all desktop icons, downloading music to iPhone when screen went empty, left only 3 icons on desktop. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-all-my-desktop-icons-screen-went/0d15ea2a-cb64-4758-b37c-76bf2f73edff
  3. Icons from game launchers (Steam/Epic/uPlay/etc) are blank and don't work

Icons from game launchers (Steam/Epic/uPlay/etc) are blank and don't work: Hey, not 100% what catagory to put this in, but the shortcut icons from game launchers don't work and are blank for me. They all end in .url. I've rebuilt my icon cache, and did troubleshooting steps with Steam (verifying game files, can't remember others), but it never...
  4. Secondary harddrive disconnects, desktop icons go blank, programs won't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Secondary harddrive disconnects, desktop icons go blank, programs won't open: Hi, At least once a week, my secondary hard drive disconnects. It no longer shows in my explorer. Also several of my desktop icons (programs that are installed on my secondary drive) will go white (like an unknown program). If I click them, I get an error message that says...
  5. Google Chrome on Windows 10 Pro, multiple blank icons on taskbar after wake up

Google Chrome on Windows 10 Pro, multiple blank icons on taskbar after wake up: After a regular boot, start Google Chrome, now there is one large icon for Chrome in the lower left of the desktop near the Windows icon. Click Windows icon, click power icon, click Sleep. Sometime later, wake up from sleep. For more than a year this worked normally....
  6. Blank Icons Windows 10

Blank Icons Windows 10: Hi, I am having a problem in Windows 10 version 1709 build 16299.904. Somehow a few days ago some icons went blank especially Microsoft product icons, like Word, Excel, Outlook and some other application icons but not all of them. I did several icon cache rebuild like...
  7. there is a weird blank document thing right on the bottom left of all of my icons on the...

there is a weird blank document thing right on the bottom left of all of my icons on the...: [ATTACH] so basically every icon on my desktop has this, its not a shortcut thingy problem because most of the icons are NOT shortcuts and they are the programme (.exe) itself, I don't know what to do, I've tried rebooting, refreshing , restarting windows explorer , delete...
  8. Program icons not showing properly but display a blank sheet of paper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program icons not showing properly but display a blank sheet of paper: Hello... I have recently just built a new PC and found that my .exe files are not showing thier icons in "Explorer" but do show when I click properties. I am not sure what is going on, but from Windows seven threads of a similar nature, it is because of the icon cache being...
  9. Program icons not showing properly but display a blank sheet of paper

in Windows 10 Support
    Program icons not showing properly but display a blank sheet of paper: Hello... I have recently just built a new PC and found that my .exe files are not showing thier icons in "Explorer" but do show when I click properties. I am not sure what is going on, but from Windows seven threads of a similar nature, it is because of the icon cache being...
  10. Icons Missing (displayed as blank white pages)

Icons Missing (displayed as blank white pages): My current PC status: (purchased new in October 2018 with Windows preinstalled) Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1803 (latest update as of Jan. 21, 2019) OS Build: 17134.556 My Problem: File icons (both in the File Explorer & on the Desktop) are showing up as blank...