Windows 10: Icons blank

Discus and support Icons blank in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, This started happening after about 10 months of using Windows 10. When I click on the start menu, some icons populate and some are blank. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Windowsfree, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Icons blank

Hello,

This started happening after about 10 months of using Windows 10. When I click on the start menu, some icons populate and some are blank. If I hover over them, I get a dialog box of what each icon is for.

Any suggestions on how to stop this?

Thank you

Icons blank [​IMG]

:)

Windowsfree, Dec 28, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

It's not fixed, today my GPU-Z icon is a blank shortcut icon again..
    And it says GPU-Z.exe does not contain an icon

Icons blank gpu-z-blank-icon-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Flava0ne Win User

I created an icon a while back to suggest it for replacement with a black PCB.

Flava0ne, Dec 28, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Icons blank

Just installed the latest version of GPU-Z and I'm having that blank icon shortcut again...

P4-630, Dec 28, 2018
  5. sofia New Member
    Hello,

This issue might be occurred if some file are corrupted.
    For resolving this issue you should create a new user account but if this solution not solved your problem then follow these steps:
    Run SFC scan. SFC scan means System file checker.
    SFC in window allow to user scan the corrupted and restore the corrupted files.

sofia, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Icons blank

1. Icons blank - Similar Threads - Icons blank

2. Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons: Hi, I just bought a new Asus Zenbook Laptop and the start menu are displaying i assume are shortcuts or command lines to different apps like : ms-resource:appname ms-resource:LensSDK/Resources/ApptitleetcThere are about 15 of them. Also some icons are just blank, i tried...
  3. Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons: Hi, I just bought a new Asus Zenbook Laptop and the start menu are displaying i assume are shortcuts or command lines to different apps like : ms-resource:appname ms-resource:LensSDK/Resources/ApptitleetcThere are about 15 of them. Also some icons are just blank, i tried...
  4. Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10: It's happened for a while and I've never found an answer to fix it, but on the notification area and system tray, icons will just appear that are blank and do nothing. Sometimes icons will appear that go away when I hover over it. Uploading images here isn't working for me...
  5. Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10

Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10: It's happened for a while and I've never found an answer to fix it, but on the notification area and system tray, icons will just appear that are blank and do nothing. Sometimes icons will appear that go away when I hover over it. Uploading images here isn't working for me...
  6. Why are blank icons appearing in the system tray and notification area? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.: So, I booted my computer up and it said scanning disk so I thought that was a bit weird.Then, it booted and the icons for all apps were gone, the windows icon button wasn't working, the search bar wasn't working, I couldn't open file explorer and when I tries the sfc /scannow...
  8. All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.: So, I booted my computer up and it said scanning disk so I thought that was a bit weird.Then, it booted and the icons for all apps were gone, the windows icon button wasn't working, the search bar wasn't working, I couldn't open file explorer and when I tries the sfc /scannow...
  9. All apps show a blank icon and can't be opened.

10. Blank icons in Windows 11 - The same overposted solutions everyone keeps shoveling DO NOT WORK.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank icons in Windows 11 - The same overposted solutions everyone keeps shoveling DO NOT WORK.: There are way too many people having icons turn blank, and thanks to the karma farmers I believe that even the macaques in the jungle know to try: Unpin/repin the app. sfc /scannowdism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthClear the iconcache and restart Explorer or reboot the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 1903 icons are blanc