Windows 10: Icons blank

Discus and support Icons blank in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, This started happening after about 10 months of using Windows 10. When I click on the start menu, some icons populate and some are blank. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Windowsfree, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Icons blank

Hello,

This started happening after about 10 months of using Windows 10. When I click on the start menu, some icons populate and some are blank. If I hover over them, I get a dialog box of what each icon is for.

Any suggestions on how to stop this?

Thank you

Icons blank [​IMG]

:)

Windowsfree, Dec 28, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

It's not fixed, today my GPU-Z icon is a blank shortcut icon again..
    And it says GPU-Z.exe does not contain an icon

Icons blank gpu-z-blank-icon-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Flava0ne Win User

I created an icon a while back to suggest it for replacement with a black PCB.

Flava0ne, Dec 28, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Icons blank

Just installed the latest version of GPU-Z and I'm having that blank icon shortcut again...

P4-630, Dec 28, 2018
  5. sofia New Member
    Hello,

This issue might be occurred if some file are corrupted.
    For resolving this issue you should create a new user account but if this solution not solved your problem then follow these steps:
    Run SFC scan. SFC scan means System file checker.
    SFC in window allow to user scan the corrupted and restore the corrupted files.

sofia, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Icons blank

1. Icons blank - Similar Threads - Icons blank

2. Icons Missing (displayed as blank white pages)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons Missing (displayed as blank white pages): My current PC status: (purchased new in October 2018 with Windows preinstalled) Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1803 (latest update as of Jan. 21, 2019) OS Build: 17134.556 My Problem: File icons (both in the File Explorer & on the Desktop) are showing up as blank...
  3. Blank Application Icons In Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blank Application Icons In Start Menu: My apps in the start menu currently have no icons on them as seen in photo Also my Settings shortcut in Start does also not work[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-application-icons-in-start-menu/12fcece1-2494-4826-9acc-75e1e9245108
  4. Skype icon goes blank in system tray after being there for a while.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skype icon goes blank in system tray after being there for a while.: This issue is not being addressed. Closing a subject does not make it go away for anyone but Microsoft and the lurkers. The Skype icon goes blank in the system tray after being there for a while. I can get it back by restarting the computer but it always goes blank again...
  5. Windows "aero-peek" reqularly only presents blank program icon

Windows "aero-peek" reqularly only presents blank program icon: Windows "aero-peek" reqularly only presents blank program icon (see image attached). This happens with several different programs but most often with spotify. [ATTACH]...
  6. Unexplained sporadically blank icons

Unexplained sporadically blank icons: I have this annoying problem with my start screen app icons. Frequently, yet sporadically, some icon facades like to go blank. It tells me what apps they when I roll my mouse over them. Sometimes different apps go blank, and the next time they're fine. Sometimes its only 4 or...
  7. Action center blank after icon changes to indicate a notice

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Action center blank after icon changes to indicate a notice: Build 17763,rs5_release180914-1434 installed a couple of days ago. Now the action center is blank when opened after icon indicates a new notice. Worked before the update. I haven't changed any of the settings....
  8. File Explorer Showing Blank Thumbnail on Medium/Large Icons Option.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Showing Blank Thumbnail on Medium/Large Icons Option.: this happened outa know where and havent found anyone else like this. ive tried every method out there http://prntscr.com/l2cgoh Already tried this method and also tried cleaning thumbnail files in my ssd and it just messes up my computer after i wipe then my computer gets...
  9. On reboot, sometimes my Start Menu tiles blank out - i.e. the icon disappears. How can I...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    On reboot, sometimes my Start Menu tiles blank out - i.e. the icon disappears. How can I...: Windows 10 Home version 1803 OS build 17134.285 When I reboot, sometimes my Start Menu tiles become blank with the icon having disappeared.. The tiles still take me to the appropriate app or link, but they are blank. I can easily regenerate them by resizing up/down and...
  10. Desktop iCONS GO BLANK IN WIN 10.

Desktop iCONS GO BLANK IN WIN 10.: How can I fix my problem of all my desktop Icons going blank. I tried finding some kind of reset command but it doesn't help. I have to shutdown the pc the get them back but they eventually go blank again....