Windows 10: Icons constantly moving

Discus and support Icons constantly moving in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok so i have a triple monitor setup, and i have alot of desktop icons that i keep very organized. However any time any part of my monitor setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Insprill, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Insprill Win User

Icons constantly moving

Ok so i have a triple monitor setup, and i have alot of desktop icons that i keep very organized. However any time any part of my monitor setup changes, all my icons get randomly moved around. so if i have M=monitor M1 and M2 on and i turn on M3, all messed up. i re-organize it and just turn off M2, all messed up. i change the rotation of one? all messed up. No idea what to do but it is VERY annoying. no auto arrange icons isn't the issue

:)

Insprill, Jan 14, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink Icons constantly moving ;)

qubit, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User
    desktop icons move constantly

A suggestion. Use a program like DesktopOK to remember Desktop icon positions, then if any move, simply right click on the DesktopOK icon in the system tray and restore to put everything back where it belongs.

I've been using it for years. No performance impact and does a good job. I use the 64bit version.

Ztruker, Jan 14, 2020
  4. techguy31 Win User

Icons constantly moving

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

I see. I was using a 23" monitor before and the highest resolution was below 1080p so I guess windows remembers that monitors resolution right? I have tried de.das.dude suggestion, but everytime I turn off the computer after arranging the icons it goes back to misarranging the icons.

techguy31, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Icons constantly moving

1. Icons constantly moving - Similar Threads - Icons constantly moving

2. Moving icons on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving icons on Taskbar: So, just recently I've noticed that Windows keeps moving my open taskbar icons to the right-hand end of the queue without any input from me. Foe example, if I open a video in Opera, with the icon to the left of a group of icons, go to full-screen, and then go back to...
  3. Moving Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving Icons: DO you have any intention of fixing this problem? Do you care that your customers have this issue? Find a flipping resolution. You have no problem taking our money for us fools that keep buying your products but you have problems coming up with solutions to your bugs....
  4. Moving Icons

Moving Icons: Just put in bigger screen and Icons don't always stay where they are supposed to, they randomly change spots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-icons/53003127-971c-4e28-8d8a-ab6e014d4480
  5. Icons moving

Icons moving: Each morning when I turn on the computer, the icons have been re-arranged. Is this a sign of a malicious virus? Or just another design feature of Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-moving/533bca83-2e34-430e-aab8-00cb0fd87283
  6. desktop icons move constantly

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icons move constantly: My desktop icons have begun to change around all the time and the taskbar gets thicker and thicker. Anyone else having this problem? How do i tell when Microsoft last updated my OS? Windows 10 113567
  7. VM icon move

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM icon move: Hello After installing Mint into the Oracle VM using Windows 10, I have the icon on my desktop. I am new to virtualization but have read one can share folders and test programs I usually only have the recycle bin there and wondered if there was an easy way to put it else...
  8. Moving HomeGroup Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving HomeGroup Icon: I just installed Office and a Homegroup icon appeared on my desktop. I want to move it to a different place on my desktop. Every time I try to move it, it moves right back. Is there a way to make it stick where you want it? I know how to remove it but it is a very nice icon....
  9. moving desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    moving desktop icons: Ever since the latest update my desktop icons are difficult to keep in place. I do not have auto arrange or align to grid checked. When I move icons where I want them they often snap to another position at random. I have all my desktop icons positioned around the perimeter of...
  10. moving icons

in Windows 10 Support
    moving icons: The desk top icons shift to the left whenever I reboot. How can I stop this random rearrangement 52964