Windows 10: Icons disappeared for UWP and Windows apps

Discus and support Icons disappeared for UWP and Windows apps in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently created a thread for the same:... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Devesh Sharma :, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Icons disappeared for UWP and Windows apps

Hi there, I recently created a thread for the same: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icons-disappeared-for-uwp-and-windows-apps-in/1e6527f6-2ff7-4216-bfc2-3b4cc074ef50. However the issue seems to have transferred from one PC to another, yesterday it was all fine but today, I am experiencing this problem on another PC. So please tell me how should I fix it once and for all, thank you. I did not write this in that thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icons-disappeared-for-uwp-and-windows-apps-in/1e6527f6-2ff7-4216-bfc2-3b4cc074ef50 bec

:)

Devesh Sharma :, Sep 17, 2021

2. Windows UWP apps

It is 2020, almost 5 years of Windows 10 and Microsoft redesigning the UWP app icons. But still now it icons are disappeared or Disappearing from taskbar. My Question to Microsoft, when you planed for a proper solution of this? as a windows 10 user and
    lover I am very disappointed on this problem from past 3 years.

djsubha007, Sep 17, 2021
  3. UWP app icons in Windows 10 build 14316 are corrupt

Pic: Screenshot - e3291153f0df01ad3d2174770a3e7379 - Gyazo

As you can see, the Win32 app icons are completely fine, but all of the UWP app icons are corrupted. They almost appear as if they're running in some sort of safe mode.

Any suggestions?

sadisticpotato, Sep 17, 2021
  4. Icons disappeared for UWP and Windows apps

Tray icon disappears

I've been experiencing since the installation of Windows XP SP2 on multiple machines with the ATITool Tray Icon disappearing upon load at system startup. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Enabling or Disabling the "Hide Inactive (tray) Icons" WinXP menu option doesn't have any effect. The only way to open ATITool after it has loaded is to go through the start menu to open it again. I have "minimize on close" selected in ATITool. When closing ATITool, you see it make the motions of minimizing to the tray area but no icon is displayed. Any ideas?

djshowergel, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

Icons disappeared for UWP and Windows apps

1. Icons disappeared for UWP and Windows apps - Similar Threads - Icons disappeared UWP

2. UWP apps icon disappearing when searching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP apps icon disappearing when searching: Hello, I had a problem with my search icons for UWP apps, and now I finally found a way to resolve it!You would know I had this problem a long time ago, but I needed to create a new user account, and I didn't want to. Here is the post.To resolve it, you must follow these...
  3. UWP apps icon disappearing when searching

in Windows 10 Customization
    UWP apps icon disappearing when searching: Hello, I had a problem with my search icons for UWP apps, and now I finally found a way to resolve it!You would know I had this problem a long time ago, but I needed to create a new user account, and I didn't want to. Here is the post.To resolve it, you must follow these...
  4. UWP apps icon disappearing when searching

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. The icons disappeared for UWP and windows apps in the search field

in Cortana
    The icons disappeared for UWP and windows apps in the search field: Hello, I noticed a very peculiar issue. The icons in the search field for windows and UWP apps disappeared and now they show a blank photo icon....
  6. Disappearing UWP apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disappearing UWP apps: This seems too weird to be true, but it's happened several times now. When I install UWP apps (primarily games like Forza or Gears of War) to an SSD that is not my primary OS drive, then it's normal mostly, but occasionally (and for no discernable reason) the app will vanish...
  7. Recent problem with icons of PWAs and UWP apps

Recent problem with icons of PWAs and UWP apps: In a last few days icons of PWAs in start are blank, there are some duplicated apps, and UWP apps icons are blank too. When I create desktop shortcut, icons for those apps have some kind of padding and accent color behind them. I create PWAs in Microsoft Edge, which is fully...
  8. Light theme UWP apps taskbar icons

Light theme UWP apps taskbar icons: [IMG] Hey, is there any way how to manually change taskbar icons of UWP apps for the light theme? It seems like many UWP apps don't have built-in support for the light theme of Windows Shell and therefore the taskbar displays plated version when the user switches to light...
  9. Windows 10 icons missing for UWP apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 icons missing for UWP apps: This problem has been bugging me for months. Right now I don't really have the option to make a new user profile or reinstall due to some parts of my very janky setup, but UWP icons are just gone. This question seems to have the same problem as me. The weird thing is the...
  10. Wrong icon for Windows 10 metro/uwp apps

Wrong icon for Windows 10 metro/uwp apps: [ATTACH] Hey, all icons of metro/uwp apps are displayed with the PNG icon of my image viewer XNview: https://preview.redd.it/im5ogvj4xaw31.png?width=786&format=png&auto=webp&s=f3a4946cabf5d4746865ad7e5bb1ff6d86d5fa2f...