Windows 10: Icons Disappearing, Browser Reloads and My Computer is acting like it has cancer.

Discus and support Icons Disappearing, Browser Reloads and My Computer is acting like it has cancer. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys. My computer is facing a really weird problem I haven't seen anywhere.Firstly at the beginning, After I put my computer to sleep and turned it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AtharvaMandrekar, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Icons Disappearing, Browser Reloads and My Computer is acting like it has cancer.

Hi guys. My computer is facing a really weird problem I haven't seen anywhere.Firstly at the beginning, After I put my computer to sleep and turned it on again, it started with icons disappearing right after I clicked them. It also became very slow.I eventually realized that if I pressed the keyboard disable key or mousepad disable key, everything would be normal again.Later, it appeared even during normal startups. Everytime I started the computer, the icons would disappear after clicking them, if the browser was on, it would reload everytime I clicked or typed, computer was very slow. It was

:)

AtharvaMandrekar, Aug 28, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

desktop.ini like a virus cancer

desktop.ini is by default a hidden file. It is hidden for a reason - so you don't delete or modify it, or even think about it or worry about it.

It typically characterises folders- their icon, type, popup tooltip.

If you do as suggested above, you will regret it.

(I presume you mean desktop.ini not windows.ini?)

Make sure in file explorer, View, Options, View that

Icons Disappearing, Browser Reloads and My Computer is acting like it has cancer. [​IMG]

the top and bottom options are as shown.

Consider your browser settings and add-ons - use a pop-up blocker or ad blocker.

dalchina, Aug 28, 2021
  3. Bopajones Win User
    Edge browser reloading

Why does the Edge browser keep reloading a page while I'm trying to read it?

None of the other browsers, Firefox or Chrome, seem to have this issue.

What steps need to be performed to stop the page reloading process?

Bopajones, Aug 28, 2021
  4. khoiwin Win User

Icons Disappearing, Browser Reloads and My Computer is acting like it has cancer.

(Nearly) All of my icons disappeared like magic

I just opened my laptop this morning and this happened. Any suggestions are welcome. I tried deleting the IconCache.db and restart my computer, I tried restoring, I tried to download the bat file and restarting my computer, but it does not work.

Icons Disappearing, Browser Reloads and My Computer is acting like it has cancer. [​IMG]

khoiwin, Aug 28, 2021
Thema:

Icons Disappearing, Browser Reloads and My Computer is acting like it has cancer.

1. Icons Disappearing, Browser Reloads and My Computer is acting like it has cancer. - Similar Threads - Icons Disappearing Browser

2. Google has stopped working. Acts like my computer has no memory left.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google has stopped working. Acts like my computer has no memory left.: My computer does not open Google.chrome anymore. Acts like there is no more memory. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-has-stopped-working-acts-like-my-computer/d1d10fb0-75ea-4128-b27c-afee6f881618
  3. Google has stopped working. Acts like my computer has no memory left.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google has stopped working. Acts like my computer has no memory left.: My computer does not open Google.chrome anymore. Acts like there is no more memory. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-has-stopped-working-acts-like-my-computer/d1d10fb0-75ea-4128-b27c-afee6f881618
  4. Taskbar acts like it's in fullscreen while in the browser, while the browser is windowed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar acts like it's in fullscreen while in the browser, while the browser is windowed: I use autohide with the taskbar, but the taskbar doesn't come up when I am focused on a browser window. This happens with all browsers I have installed Firefox and Opera GX. This is a recent problem and the taskbar would come up in the browser a couple weeks ago. This doesn't...
  5. Taskbar acts like it's in fullscreen while in the browser, while the browser is windowed

Taskbar acts like it's in fullscreen while in the browser, while the browser is windowed: I use autohide with the taskbar, but the taskbar doesn't come up when I am focused on a browser window. This happens with all browsers I have installed Firefox and Opera GX. This is a recent problem and the taskbar would come up in the browser a couple weeks ago. This doesn't...
  6. My wifi icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi icon has disappeared: Today when I opened my laptop I noticed my wifi icon was missing. There are no networks or Wi-Fi to connect to. When I go to my settings, there are bluetooth settings, but if I try to connect to any device it just says "bluetooth is not enabled", however the button to turn...
  7. Edge browser reloading

Edge browser reloading: Why does the Edge browser keep reloading a page while I'm trying to read it? None of the other browsers, Firefox or Chrome, seem to have this issue. What steps need to be performed to stop the page reloading process?...
  8. My computers acts like there is a screen problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computers acts like there is a screen problem.: After I updated my laptop this morning, at first I thought my screen was cracked. After carefully looking at it and test a few different applications, I notice it was not my screen. It appears that application symbol look to be tearing. Please help. When I go to the web...
  9. My wireless Icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wireless Icon has disappeared: My wireless Icon has disappeared, How can i get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wireless-icon-has-disappeared/769417e7-4dff-4c5a-bb26-798415bf68f0
  10. desktop.ini like a virus cancer

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop.ini like a virus cancer: Since this was my first posting I put desktop.ini into the search box and found there is some download that can fix it, but with the list of issues on the page, I do not have any of the problems, so I went back, then I went to another page I was beginning to read up on why...