Windows 10: Icons do not group in the corner and spread out

Discus and support Icons do not group in the corner and spread out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a recent update all the icons are spread into the taskbar, where before it was group and had an arrow where you can click and it expands Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tony-MK, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Tony-MK Win User

Icons do not group in the corner and spread out

After a recent update all the icons are spread into the taskbar, where before it was group and had an arrow where you can click and it expands

Does anybody know how to group this back to how it was or change the settings for this?

I have gone all through the task bar and notification icon settings all it has is to hide several and not all of the icons that are present in there:

Icons do not group in the corner and spread out 418b6e94-7a24-40de-a26a-3c0898cb0f81?upload=true.jpg

Honestly this has worked well I don't know why Microsoft feels the need to change this, I am getting loads of users complaining about it.

:)

Tony-MK, Dec 11, 2019
  2. prescient Win User

home group icon

home group icon started to show on off desktop on its own .
    not a shortcut icon but it just says home group icon

all i can remember is upgrading to outlook from hot mail and skype with its updater

prescient, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Icons do not group in the corner and spread out

Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Icons do not group in the corner and spread out

1. Icons do not group in the corner and spread out - Similar Threads - Icons group corner

2. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  3. Is there a way to pull a single taskbar icon out of a group?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to pull a single taskbar icon out of a group?: I don't want Windows to stop grouping them by default, I just want to be able to separate application instances on an individual basis. Is that possible? submitted by /u/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddff [link] [comments]...
  4. Taskbar icons spread out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons spread out?: After a recent power outage I booted up my computer to have all my Icons that are typically at the bottom right of my screen spread out on my Taskbar. I'm unaware of changing any settings that would normally put them all neatly in one button nor can i find any options to...
  5. Taskbar icons spread out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons spread out?: After a recent power outage I booted up my computer to have all my Icons that are typically at the bottom right of my screen spread out on my Taskbar. I'm unaware of changing any settings that would normally put them all neatly in one button nor can i find any options to...
  6. Taskbar icons spread out?

7. Icon Grouping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon Grouping: I cant seem to find this feature in windows 11 and I find the inability to pin to taskbar by dragging on it prohibitive. Not being able to group app shortcut in the desktop/taskbar is a deal breaker.Google searching shows up individual pinning of apps, and the pin to taskbar...
  8. Icon Grouping

Icon Grouping: I cant seem to find this feature in windows 11 and I find the inability to pin to taskbar by dragging on it prohibitive. Not being able to group app shortcut in the desktop/taskbar is a deal breaker.Google searching shows up individual pinning of apps, and the pin to taskbar...
  9. x in corner of desktop icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    x in corner of desktop icon: Normal there's an arrow in the bottom left corner of the icons for the applications pinned to the desktop. I've now notice that a select few now have a grey x in that spot. what is this supposed to mean? submitted by /u/Dovinjun [link] [comments]...
  10. Taskbar icons are spread apart, only search option is the icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons are spread apart, only search option is the icon: Widows 10 20H2 19042.630 In the past couple days I've noticed that the taskbar icons appear to be spread further apart than usual. Opening additional applications not pinned to the taskbar causes the icons to compress together a bit to fit the new icon in, until there are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop icons spread out after 1903 update