Windows 10: Icons does not align right in desktop since Creators Update

Discus and support Icons does not align right in desktop since Creators Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Creators Update bringed us a lot of bugs in Windows 10. One of them is a problem with the icons on desktop. Everytime I reboot I see this: [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by APoL0x, Jul 12, 2017.

1. APoL0x Win User

Icons does not align right in desktop since Creators Update

Creators Update bringed us a lot of bugs in Windows 10. One of them is a problem with the icons on desktop. Everytime I reboot I see this:

Icons does not align right in desktop since Creators Update [​IMG]

I have marked "Align icons to grid option":

Icons does not align right in desktop since Creators Update [​IMG]

To fix the problem I have to check "Auto arrange icons" option everytime I reboot.

Is there any permanent solution to avoid this everytime I reboot without having to mark the "Auto arrange icons" option?

:)

APoL0x, Jul 12, 2017
  2. MikeChri Win User

desktop icons after Windows 10 Creators update

I am experiencing the same behavior on both my desktop and my laptop since the Creators update. After the update some desktop icons have moved. When I try to move them to where I want them they snap to a different location as if Align Icons to Grid were
    checked. It is not checked.

BOTH Align icons to grid AND Auto arrange icons are
    unchecked.

Is there a solution to this issue?

MikeChri, Jul 12, 2017
  3. Raian93 Win User
    Creator's Update ruined desktop icons

Since the creator's update, I can't change the location of my desktop icons without all the icons being ruined. I have to use the auto-align option to keep them the same, but it doesn't allow me to change the icons. Also, everytime the computer turns on,
    the position of the icons change.

Here's what it looks like when I don't have auto-align on and try to change the position: http://i.imgur.com/VcaaWwV.jpg

Raian93, Jul 12, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Eagle51, Jul 12, 2017
Thema:

1. Icons does not align right in desktop since Creators Update - Similar Threads - Icons does align

2. OneDrive is changing my desktop icons alignment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive is changing my desktop icons alignment: Hello,I'm helping a user that OneDrive is changing the order of their desktop icons. I tried disabling the "Auto arrange icons" and "Align icons to grid" options. Tried deleting the IconCache too. Tried disabling "allow themes to make changes to icons}. but no luck. Any...
  3. OneDrive is changing my desktop icons alignment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive is changing my desktop icons alignment: Hello,I'm helping a user that OneDrive is changing the order of their desktop icons. I tried disabling the "Auto arrange icons" and "Align icons to grid" options. Tried deleting the IconCache too. Tried disabling "allow themes to make changes to icons}. but no luck. Any...
  4. Desktop icons align to the left when updating / re-saving it's file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons align to the left when updating / re-saving it's file: Hello. This thing annoys me since ever in any computer with windows... I do NOT have any auto rearranging on or anything, but simply, i want to keep some of my files, folders and other icons aligned on the left side of the screen and some aligned on the right side of the...
  5. Desktop icons align to the left when updating / re-saving it's file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons align to the left when updating / re-saving it's file: Hello. This thing annoys me since ever in any computer with windows... I do NOT have any auto rearranging on or anything, but simply, i want to keep some of my files, folders and other icons aligned on the left side of the screen and some aligned on the right side of the...
  6. Desktop Icon Alignment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon Alignment: I was just wondering why desktop icons aren't aligned to the centered to the middle of the screen, or at least why there isn't an option for that. I haven't found really anything on centering desktop icons, so I thought I should come to the source.Thanks for any feedback!...
  7. Desktop icons not aligning properly

Desktop icons not aligning properly: Hello, is it possible to adjust desktop icon width? I know you're able to change the height by holding CTRL and scrolling, but I'm trying to reduce the width. It may be easier to explain with an image, so here: [ATTACH] Ever since getting a second monitor, for some reason,...
  8. Desktop icons alignment bug after Creators Update

Desktop icons alignment bug after Creators Update: Since Creators Update installation, I've this bug with Windows 10.When I drag icons on the left side of the screen, sometimes, icons don't move.It happens mostly when the area is "flooded" with icons. When it's pretty empty, seems to work fine.And, sometimes, icon position...
  9. Desktop icons misbehaving after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons misbehaving after Creators Update: The Creators Update (and newer Insider Previews) totally messed up the desktop behavior. Hope someone can give me some clues on how to fix this issue. Am I the only one with this? I made some illustrations to make it easier to understand: http://imgur.com/njXo6UX Imgur...
  10. desktop icons alignment

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop icons alignment: I have the icons aligned in a certain way , always had them well and when I restart they are always aligned. A few days i noticed they are misaligned and there are a option that says: there is a line up icons with the grid , I deactivate and when I restart again and goes...