Windows 10: Icons for certain apps aren't appearing in taskbar search box window [Windows 10]

Discus and support Icons for certain apps aren't appearing in taskbar search box window [Windows 10] in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running into an issue where I can't see the rightful icons to apps in the window that pops up for the taskbar search box. [ATTACH] Please... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by kshaan, Apr 9, 2021.

1. kshaan Win User

Icons for certain apps aren't appearing in taskbar search box window [Windows 10]

Hi,

I'm running into an issue where I can't see the rightful icons to apps in the window that pops up for the taskbar search box.

Icons for certain apps aren't appearing in taskbar search box window [Windows 10] aed25427-53a1-4917-8fce-2614a4a15642?upload=true.png

Please see the image above. As you can see, apps like Netflix, Settings, Microsoft Store aren't displaying their icons properly.

I should mention that my desktop icons and taskbar icons are showing just fine. A little background to what might have caused this issue is that I changed the name to one of the Users the main one I use for myself, which unfortunately resulted in paths not lining up for a lot of apps. I accessed the Registry Editor and manually changed the paths of everything that had my old username in its path to the new one. Now there is nothing with my old username in its path that I can actually change. Everything is working fine, it's just that I'm seeing this issue.

Is there anything you can suggest for fixing this?

:)

kshaan, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 9, 2021
  3. diego Win User
    Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Icons for certain apps aren't appearing in taskbar search box window [Windows 10] [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Icons for certain apps aren't appearing in taskbar search box window [Windows 10]

No search box on taskbar Icons for certain apps aren't appearing in taskbar search box window [Windows 10] :(

Hi Keith,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern about search box in Windows 10.

Please try the below and check if you can see search bar on taskbar:

Steps:

• Right click on Taskbar, move the mouse cursor on to
      Search
      option.
    • Select Show Search icon (You will see Search icon beside Start)
    • Select Show search bar (You will see Search bar beside Start)

Check with the above and let us know if it helps, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Icons for certain apps aren't appearing in taskbar search box window [Windows 10]

1. Icons for certain apps aren't appearing in taskbar search box window [Windows 10] - Similar Threads - Icons certain apps

2. Search on taskbar set to search box but still icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search on taskbar set to search box but still icon: System: Windows 11 22h2 last version.Windows updated the appearance of the search box last time, but after I set it to the search box in the settings, the search is still displayed as icon.Create a new user and it can be set up and show search box normally.The same problem...
  3. Search highlights aren't appearing in search box on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search highlights aren't appearing in search box on Windows 11: Hi all,I have been used to search highlights appearing on my Windows 10 search box and it used to show up whenever I clicked the search button on my Windows 11 laptop. I had noticed that the latest build of Win 11 would display the search highlight graphics on the new search...
  4. Search highlights aren't appearing in search box on Windows 11

Search highlights aren't appearing in search box on Windows 11: Hi all,I have been used to search highlights appearing on my Windows 10 search box and it used to show up whenever I clicked the search button on my Windows 11 laptop. I had noticed that the latest build of Win 11 would display the search highlight graphics on the new search...
  5. Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box

in Cortana
    Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box: I recently reset my PC after a recent problem I've had for quite a few months involving a missing cursor. Though the cursor has now been appearing on regular startup, I noticed that most to all apps I've installed after the reset either appear as "run commands" or just Bing...
  6. Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box: I recently reset my PC after a recent problem I've had for quite a few months involving a missing cursor. Though the cursor has now been appearing on regular startup, I noticed that most to all apps I've installed after the reset either appear as "run commands" or just Bing...
  7. Certain apps not appearing in Windows 10 search box

8. Certain app icons in the taskbar are appearing improperly pixelated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain app icons in the taskbar are appearing improperly pixelated: For some reason, specific app icons aren't displaying properly on my taskbar. The problem happens inconsistently -- sometimes an icon will show correctly, and then it will get messed up again. It seems to happen most commonly with my Notes icon and my OneNote icon. In the...
  9. Certain app icons in the taskbar are appearing improperly pixelated

Certain app icons in the taskbar are appearing improperly pixelated: For some reason, specific app icons aren't displaying properly on my taskbar. The problem happens inconsistently -- sometimes an icon will show correctly, and then it will get messed up again. It seems to happen most commonly with my Notes icon and my OneNote icon. In the...
  10. Certain app icons in the taskbar are appearing improperly pixelated

in Windows 10 Customization