Windows 10: Icons for Drives in Explorer

Discus and support Icons for Drives in Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi folks I've just inserted a MicroSD Card into my Surface Pro 4. It shows up with an Icon depicting the Surface Pro. However, I'd like it to show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by T333J, Apr 16, 2019.

1. T333J Win User

Icons for Drives in Explorer

Hi folks

I've just inserted a MicroSD Card into my Surface Pro 4. It shows up with an Icon depicting the Surface Pro. However, I'd like it to show the standard Windows symbol for this drive.

I've tried to delete the iconcache, tried to add a new registry key, deleted the registry (...Explorer\DefaultIcons\ ...which did not seem to solve the issue.

Formated the drive. Also looked for a hidden autorun file.

Any ideas where this icon is hidden and how to reset it to standard (without repairing Windows)

:)

T333J, Apr 16, 2019

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Apr 16, 2019
  3. hard drive icon?

Ok, i got a bit confused on this. So lets say i want to change my F drive icon. I open notepad and paste both of these or just one?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\F]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons\F\DefaultIcon]
    @="S:\\PATH\\TO\\THE\\ICON\\FILENAME.ICO"

Pitchblack1110, Apr 16, 2019
  4. wolf2009 Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Icons for Drives in Explorer - Similar Threads - Icons Drives Explorer

2. File explorer and One Drive - unexplained icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer and One Drive - unexplained icons: What do these icons, showing in file explorer - sometimes small, sometimes larger - mean? They not included in the 'What do One Drive icons mean' section, which is puzzling.Grateful for some explanation on this....
  3. File explorer and One Drive - unexplained icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer and One Drive - unexplained icons: What do these icons, showing in file explorer - sometimes small, sometimes larger - mean? They not included in the 'What do One Drive icons mean' section, which is puzzling.Grateful for some explanation on this....
  4. File explorer and One Drive - unexplained icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing drive icons in File Explorer

Changing drive icons in File Explorer: I have two HP laptops. On one, I have successfully changed the drive icons for both my local and mapped network drives by using the Registry Editor and navigating to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons and creating keys and values...
  6. Changing drive icons in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing drive icons in File Explorer: I have two HP laptops. On one, I have successfully changed the drive icons for both my local and mapped network drives by using the Registry Editor and navigating to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons and creating keys and values...
  7. DVD RW Drive Icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD RW Drive Icon in File Explorer: Is there a settings option to have the DVD RW Drive letter appear in File Explorer when there is no DVD in the tray? Thanks... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rw-drive-icon-in-file-explorer/06448bf3-7f71-489b-9bee-c11ab85d0c99
  8. One Drive Icon On The File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Icon On The File Explorer: What is the meaning of Blue Arrows Icons on the files. I unlinked my pc from OneDrive and I closed OneDrive but they are still on the file explorer. I tried to edit Registry file but I could not find the {018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6} I also contacted with the Support...
  9. Replace OneDrive icon in explorer with Google Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replace OneDrive icon in explorer with Google Drive: Anyway to do this? I don't use Onedrive at all, i do use Google Drive, i just want to replace that shortcut to lead to google drive instead of onedrive? maybe editing through regedit? Thanks everyone. [img] 13233
  10. one drive icon lost from file explorer

one drive icon lost from file explorer: I have upgraded from windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 pro. After the upgrade the one drive logo that use to be displayed using file explorer is no longer visually available. It is not shown in the apps list or the task bar. I have upgraded a total of 3 identical systems. My...