Windows 10: Icons for OneDrive - meaning not clear

Discus and support Icons for OneDrive - meaning not clear in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I use OneDrive on both my desktop and laptop. On both, if I look in File Explorer, ALL of my OneDrive files have the "people" icon displayed, e.g.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oldhasbeen, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Icons for OneDrive - meaning not clear

Hi

I use OneDrive on both my desktop and laptop. On both, if I look in File Explorer, ALL of my OneDrive files have the "people" icon displayed, e.g. :

Icons for OneDrive - meaning not clear c5a1b375-2581-4b30-bf57-a368186678ea?upload=true.png

I certainly haven't shared all of these, in fact I just created the "Test Nonsense" file this morning, to test out OneDrive

According to the Microsoft documentation:

Icons for OneDrive - meaning not clear 23071e63-125f-44ec-8af7-961c9be2feb7?upload=true.png

Something seems amiss - can anyone explain?

tHanks!

:)

oldhasbeen, Jun 14, 2019

2. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Icons for OneDrive - meaning not clear ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jun 14, 2019
  3. OneDrive Icon

Thank you for your response. To move the OneDrive icon, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start button, then select Settings.
    • Go to Personalization.
    • On Perosonalization, click Taskbar.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off Microsoft OneDrive.
    We will wait for the outcome.

Marielle Cas, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Icons for OneDrive - meaning not clear

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Icons for OneDrive - meaning not clear

1. Icons for OneDrive - meaning not clear - Similar Threads - Icons OneDrive meaning

2. Can't clear space in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't clear space in Onedrive: I keep deleting large files, and emptying the bin so that I clear over 90% of the storage space by wiping all photos, but a week or so later, I'll always get a notification that the storage is full and that my access will be removed by a certain date? How do I delete these...
  3. Can't clear space in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't clear space in Onedrive: I keep deleting large files, and emptying the bin so that I clear over 90% of the storage space by wiping all photos, but a week or so later, I'll always get a notification that the storage is full and that my access will be removed by a certain date? How do I delete these...
  4. List of what all the Windows 11 desktop folder icons mean NOT OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List of what all the Windows 11 desktop folder icons mean NOT OneDrive: Complete listing of what every type of folder icon means with a picture. Does Microsoft have such a thing or is is secret? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/list-of-what-all-the-windows-11-desktop-folder/44891751-2208-4d33-b710-71b408a3a3b6
  5. what does this icon mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does this icon mean?: What does this icon mean? I just added a new external drive and this is on it. Is there a list of all the icons and their meanings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-icon-mean/1553ec18-4855-4f49-a585-f1a453589d3e
  6. what does this icon mean?

what does this icon mean?: What does this icon mean? I just added a new external drive and this is on it. Is there a list of all the icons and their meanings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-icon-mean/1553ec18-4855-4f49-a585-f1a453589d3e
  7. Clear/transparent icon backgrounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear/transparent icon backgrounds: Yes, I googled it. everyone wants me to buy special/expensive software I can't afford or suggests things that don't work for PCs.Other's say there's a way to right click an image and make a specific color transparent... but only if you're using a cell phone.This is being used...
  8. Clear/transparent icon backgrounds

Clear/transparent icon backgrounds: Yes, I googled it. everyone wants me to buy special/expensive software I can't afford or suggests things that don't work for PCs.Other's say there's a way to right click an image and make a specific color transparent... but only if you're using a cell phone.This is being used...
  9. Clear/transparent icon backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Red x icon meaning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Red x icon meaning: Problem with start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x-icon-meaning/d2f89e2e-e284-4aaa-8edf-8c7add726f2b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive cloud icon meaning

2. icon meanings in OneDrive

3. onedrive icons meaning

4. one drive icon meanings,
  5. onedrive icons meaning windows 10,
  6. onedrive file icons meaning,
  7. what are the onedrive icons meaning,
  8. onedrive icon meanings explorer person,
  9. onedriveiconsmeaning,
  10. onedrive icon meaning