Windows 10: Icons for pdf's showing up incorrectly

Discus and support Icons for pdf's showing up incorrectly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I've been using my PC normally for the past month or so, but suddenly all the PDFs on my PC have begun to display the wrong icon, and it seemed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Steven Snider2, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Icons for pdf's showing up incorrectly

Hello, I've been using my PC normally for the past month or so, but suddenly all the PDFs on my PC have begun to display the wrong icon, and it seemed to appear just after I connected to my university account's OneDrive. Have I done something wrong? I have already tried to reset the icons in Adobe acrobat as well as in my system settings.

:)

Steven Snider2, Feb 12, 2024

2. icon shows PDF

My icons are showing pdf instead of what they are example nike shows pdf and when I try to print it goes to Microsoft notes not pdf I can't print any thing need this cleared today

WandaJohnson2, Feb 12, 2024
  3. banditrvp Win User
    File Explorer - Some PDF's show thumbnail image, some don’t

In Windows 10 File Explorer, I see thumbnails for a few of my pdf files but still see the generic Adobe pdf icon for most of them.

• In Windows 10 folder options, the checkbox for “Always show icons, never thumbnails” is unchecked.
    • On the Adobe Reader preferences general tab, “Enable PDF thumbnails previews in Windows Explorer” is checked.
    • Adobe Acrobat is set as my default PDF viewer.
    • I have used Disk Cleanup to delete all my thumbnails to clear and rebuild the cache, yet the problem persists.
    Any suggestions on how I can see all the pdf icons as thumbnails?
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.657
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (20.006.20034)

I asked over in the Adobe Acrobat Reader forum a few days ago but have received no replies.

Icons for pdf's showing up incorrectly 269972d1583893495t-file-explorer-some-pdfs-show-thumbnail-image-some-don-t-pdf-icons.jpg

Ron

banditrvp, Feb 12, 2024
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Icons for pdf's showing up incorrectly

Pdf files show as black icons on my desktop.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue.

Step 1.

I would suggest you to update the Display driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “Display Adaptor”.

• Right click on the driver device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    If the issue still persist, try the below step.

Step 2.

I recommend you to un-install and reinstall the latest adobe reader version. You can download it form the below link;

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/products/pdf-reader.html

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Tenforo, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

Icons for pdf's showing up incorrectly

1. Icons for pdf's showing up incorrectly - Similar Threads - Icons pdf's showing

2. Icons for pdf's showing up incorrectly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons for pdf's showing up incorrectly: Hello, I've been using my PC normally for the past month or so, but suddenly all the PDFs on my PC have begun to display the wrong icon, and it seemed to appear just after I connected to my university account's OneDrive. Have I done something wrong? I have already tried to...
  3. Taskbar showing incorrect icons in Windows 11

Taskbar showing incorrect icons in Windows 11: The app icons for WhatsApp, Messenger, and Line are all appearing as a monitor icon in the taskbar, instead of their appropriate icons. The icons appear normal in the start menu, and when creating shortcuts. They will also switch to appearing as they should once they are...
  4. Taskbar showing incorrect icons in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar showing incorrect icons in Windows 11: The app icons for WhatsApp, Messenger, and Line are all appearing as a monitor icon in the taskbar, instead of their appropriate icons. The icons appear normal in the start menu, and when creating shortcuts. They will also switch to appearing as they should once they are...
  5. Icons not showing up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons not showing up.: Hi, I have recently experienced issues with my laptop. The icons are not showing up on the desktop, taskbar or explorer. Please can I get some help. Thanks Here are some screenshots, Also, if helpful, my laptop is a Huawei matebook d14 AMD R7 G2QPM20B14000748 [IMG]...
  6. battery icon shows incorrect information

battery icon shows incorrect information: My battery icon shows full but laptop goes off but fine when plugged in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-icon-shows-incorrect-information/4ca997a8-4987-4059-ba56-cccaf26d2ff3
  7. icon shows PDF

icon shows PDF: My icons are showing pdf instead of what they are example nike shows pdf and when I try to print it goes to Microsoft notes not pdf I can't print any thing need this cleared today...
  8. Taskbar Icon is incorrect - showing an icon for another applicaton

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icon is incorrect - showing an icon for another applicaton: Windows 10 Pro, v1909, desktop. I uninstalled firefox & when I rebooted all my apps that were pinned to the taskbar were gone except 2. I opened C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar and they were all there so I rebooted...
  9. PDF icons show image of the document

in Windows 10 Support
    PDF icons show image of the document: Attachment 239359 These are two PDF files that live on my desktop. It happens that I use Tracker PDF Viewer as the default and I reinstalled it yesterday. Up until that time the icons were standard graphics but now, suddenly, they depict the actual contents of the PDF. I...
  10. Icon incorrect

Icon incorrect: https://i.gyazo.com/1b1be32a27ceff06...f3bd98d5a7.png how to reset the whole icon thingy on windows 10? 83486