Windows 10: Icons for some apps not showing on start menu [Image]

Discus and support Icons for some apps not showing on start menu [Image] in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi some of the app icons that I have are not showing up on the start menu when I search for them. Please see attached image. This is not happening for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JM2805, Mar 27, 2020.

1. JM2805 Win User

Icons for some apps not showing on start menu [Image]

Hi some of the app icons that I have are not showing up on the start menu when I search for them. Please see attached image. This is not happening for all apps but a couple of them: Spotify, Skype, Microsoft Edge. The app appears on the taskbar, but its not showing up on the start menu. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Icons for some apps not showing on start menu [Image] f804e83c-8a08-42d5-a984-d17376c18929?upload=true.png

:)

JM2805, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 27, 2020
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Icons for some apps not showing on start menu [Image] prob.jpg

psyko12, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Icons for some apps not showing on start menu [Image] - Similar Threads - Icons apps showing

2. Start menu icons not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu icons not showing: Hello, I don't know what happened, suddenly my icons disappeared, I want to fix this problem, it bothers me a lot, is there any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-not-showing/2938c0c0-1adf-4d46-8161-20c1a4b8aa62
  3. Start menu icons not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu icons not showing: Hello, I don't know what happened, suddenly my icons disappeared, I want to fix this problem, it bothers me a lot, is there any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-not-showing/2938c0c0-1adf-4d46-8161-20c1a4b8aa62
  4. Start menu icons not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Some images in Mail app are not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some images in Mail app are not showing: Some images in Mail app are not showing. Please advise. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-images-in-mail-app-are-not-showing/ea657ba7-ce82-41a1-9073-aba45d50477b
  6. No Icons showing in Start Menu for any Apps/Programs?!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Icons showing in Start Menu for any Apps/Programs?!?: Since upgrading to Windows 11 yesterday its been like this.All updates installed.Multiple restarts.Reset File Explorer in Task Manager.Any ideas on a fix?...
  7. No Icons showing in Start Menu for any Apps/Programs?!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Icons showing in Start Menu for any Apps/Programs?!?: Since upgrading to Windows 11 yesterday its been like this.All updates installed.Multiple restarts.Reset File Explorer in Task Manager.Any ideas on a fix?...
  8. App icons aren't showing in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    App icons aren't showing in Start Menu: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,App icons are not showing in Start Menu. I'd reset Start Menu in Registry Editor bit still not fixed. But icons are showing in Start Menu folder....
  9. Cannot click on icons in start menu, or some windows apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot click on icons in start menu, or some windows apps: I've been looking around for a solution for about an hour now - all I can find are problems relating to the mouse not working at all, or the start menu not opening at all. My issue is that my mouse works in every way except inside the start menu. I've also noticed that I...
  10. Icons for many apps not showing in Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons for many apps not showing in Start menu: As per the image below - why are many of my apps not showing their icons? There's not options to change them and I've tried pinning the original .exe and shortcuts to the app but there is no difference. Any clues? [img] 10775