Windows 10: icons for some programs wont show on the start menu properly, is there some way to fix it?

Discus and support icons for some programs wont show on the start menu properly, is there some way to fix it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jdk319 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eqmd56/icons_for_some_programs_wont_show_on_the_start/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jdk319, Jan 18, 2020.

1. /u/jdk319 Win User

icons for some programs wont show on the start menu properly, is there some way to fix it?

/u/jdk319, Jan 18, 2020
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jan 18, 2020
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

icons for some programs wont show on the start menu properly, is there some way to fix it? prob.jpg

psyko12, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Ownsin Win User

icons for some programs wont show on the start menu properly, is there some way to fix it?

My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

Hello.. I did a recovery today on my Windows 10, and afterwards i noticed that my start menu icons stopped showing up properly... Only the text would show up without its thumbnail for the icon. Not all of the icons stopped working properly, but definitely
    more than a few stopped working properly. Here's a
    screenshot
    . Please tell me how to fix it! it's very annoying. I already tried removing the icons from the start menu and pinning them back in there again, but that didn't fix it! please answer me asap, i want to solve this issue!

Ownsin, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

1. icons for some programs wont show on the start menu properly, is there some way to fix it? - Similar Threads - icons programs wont

2. Some programs not showing in programs and features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some programs not showing in programs and features: Hi somedays ago i turned off my laptop and next day when i turned it on and i wanted to uninstall Adobe Photoshop but it was not listed in the programs and features. and there are some other programs that are not showing in the list.And yeah after that day my Laptop isn't...
  3. Some programs not showing in programs and features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs not showing in programs and features: Hi somedays ago i turned off my laptop and next day when i turned it on and i wanted to uninstall Adobe Photoshop but it was not listed in the programs and features. and there are some other programs that are not showing in the list.And yeah after that day my Laptop isn't...
  4. Some apps not showing proper icon instead they are showing photos file icon .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some apps not showing proper icon instead they are showing photos file icon .: [ATTACH] This is coming even though my windows updated till : 2021-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems...
  5. Some programs not starting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some programs not starting: I just recently built a new PC. Everything was working fine 3 weeks until today when I started my computer. I got an error message about OneDrive not being able to start over a qt plugin. Then I noticed some other programs were not starting. When double clicking discord off...
  6. Icons for some apps not showing on start menu [Image]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons for some apps not showing on start menu [Image]: Hi some of the app icons that I have are not showing up on the start menu when I search for them. Please see attached image. This is not happening for all apps but a couple of them: Spotify, Skype, Microsoft Edge. The app appears on the taskbar, but its not showing up on the...
  7. Blank picture files and ISO file icons and some programs in Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank picture files and ISO file icons and some programs in Start menu: I tried every possible way to solve the problem you can see here: [img] I reset icon and thumbnail cache, I reset file associations, I reset photos but the problem is still there. The thing is when you are in icon view they normally show the thumbnail preview of the image...
  8. Some programs won't show up in/get pinned to the Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some programs won't show up in/get pinned to the Start menu: Hi, Something a bit weird with the Win 10 start menu. I'm using Oracle VirtualBox, and installed the latest version after upgrading to Windows 10 (5.0.1 beta). It works fine, but for some reason I can't pin it to the start menu, nor does it show up in the start menu when I...
  9. Start menu icons gone for some programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons gone for some programs: yo! All of a sudden the battle.net, chrome and evernote lost it's icons but they still work. how, why? 38027
  10. Some icons and text not showing in search menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Some icons and text not showing in search menu: Ever since I installed Windows 10, a lot of text and icons in the search menu are not showing up ever. I've tried the obvious things such as restarting my computer and making sure I have all Windows updates. My start menu and everything else seems to work normally. Here are...