Icons forget size and positions on reboot.

Discus and support Icons forget size and positions on reboot. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; After setting the base resolution to 125%, the screen icons seemed unaffected--until the system is rebooted. At this point, icons are reset to maximum... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by William Vaughn, Aug 7, 2015.

1. William Vaughn Win User

After setting the base resolution to 125%, the screen icons seemed unaffected--until the system is rebooted. At this point, icons are reset to maximum size (only eight fit on the screen). Once icons are manually resized, (Ctrl-Scroll), they're scattered all over the screen. Set "auto-position" and they return to their correct place (left border of the primary screen). Reboot and these changes did not persist. I assume that the system thinks I'm blind.

Frankly, I think the system is not shutting down correctly (completely?) and not writing these changes to the registry until the last minute and thus not persisted.

Running a dual-monitor Lenovo Thinkpad W510.

Ideas?

:)

William Vaughn, Aug 7, 2015
  2. yuyoyuppe Win User

Windows 10 Start in Full Screen mode rearranges my icons randomly

Title pretty much says it. I like win8-styled start menu and today I upgraded to Windows 10. However, after each reboot icons on start screen become of the default size and change its positions randomly.

yuyoyuppe, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Ron-Francis Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update Desktop Icons keep getting rearranged

It didn't help me.

After reboot, icons are in different positions. If I refresh (F5) they will shift around into seemingly random different positions.

Ron-Francis, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Icons forget size and positions on reboot.

Icons forget size and positions on reboot. - Similar Threads - Icons forget size

1. remove the top OneDrive icon

in Windows 10 Support
    remove the top OneDrive icon: Hello everyone. I would like to know if it is possible to remove the top OneDrive icon, the one right bellow Quick Access on the first image above, and just keep the OneDrive icon in the User Folder or in the This PC folder? I have like three OneDrive icons in the Navigation...
  2. Desktop Folder Icons suddenly became enlarged - I cannot shrink them.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Folder Icons suddenly became enlarged - I cannot shrink them.: My screen now contains 18 icons . I which to reduce them back to the normal orderly previous layout. While I can access display I cannot alter their size - There is about 50 icons stacked into 18 locations by the computer. I noticed it had occurred after an update. I also...
  3. Falcon10 | Automatically center your taskbar icons!

in Windows 10 Support
    Falcon10 | Automatically center your taskbar icons!: Hey all! I am just working on a little side project called Falcon10. This application automatically centers you taskbar icons in the middle! All pinned icons will be centered too like file explorer in the screenshots. Requirements Windows 10 x64 1803 .NET Framework 4.7.2...
  4. Possible to Reorder Icons in the Network Status from Tray?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to Reorder Icons in the Network Status from Tray?: If I click the wifi icon or cellular icon in the tray, my options are listed as wifi, airplane mode, cellular, and mobile hotspot. Is there a way to rearrange these so they are in the order wifi, cellular, mobile hotspot, airplane mode? [img] 112447
  5. 2 Windows Defender notification icons running at startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Windows Defender notification icons running at startup?: Hello-, This is a fairly new PC and i'm not sure if I ever noticed this before but anyone know or see this before? 2 Windows Defender instances running at startup? I installed Emsisoft about a month ago I don't believe that wouldn't have anything to do with it. I only have...
  6. "Safely remove hardware" icon not showing.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Safely remove hardware" icon not showing.: Here we go. So the "safely remove hardware" icon is not showing. To be fair, it shows randomly, no matter if I have or have not an USB connected. It's totally random. For example, if I can't see it now, I close session or reboot, and it appears. It started to happen after...
  7. Windows 10 keeps forgetting my icon thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 keeps forgetting my icon thumbnails: So I go into a folder, and all the thumbnails load up slowly. Then you expect it's built up the cache so next time you go in it's instant, right? Nope! All forgotten. Every single time I go into a folder it's reset. I tried deleting to rebuild the cache DB files but...
Icons forget size and positions on reboot. solved