Windows 10: Icons forget size and positions on reboot.

Discus and support Icons forget size and positions on reboot. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After setting the base resolution to 125%, the screen icons seemed unaffected--until the system is rebooted. At this point, icons are reset to maximum... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by William Vaughn, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Icons forget size and positions on reboot.

After setting the base resolution to 125%, the screen icons seemed unaffected--until the system is rebooted. At this point, icons are reset to maximum size (only eight fit on the screen). Once icons are manually resized, (Ctrl-Scroll), they're scattered all over the screen. Set "auto-position" and they return to their correct place (left border of the primary screen). Reboot and these changes did not persist. I assume that the system thinks I'm blind.

Frankly, I think the system is not shutting down correctly (completely?) and not writing these changes to the registry until the last minute and thus not persisted.

Running a dual-monitor Lenovo Thinkpad W510.

Ideas?

:)

William Vaughn, Aug 6, 2015
  2. yuyoyuppe Win User

Windows 10 Start in Full Screen mode rearranges my icons randomly

Title pretty much says it. I like win8-styled start menu and today I upgraded to Windows 10. However, after each reboot icons on start screen become of the default size and change its positions randomly.

yuyoyuppe, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Creators Update Desktop Icons keep getting rearranged

It didn't help me.

After reboot, icons are in different positions. If I refresh (F5) they will shift around into seemingly random different positions.

Ron-Francis, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Icons forget size and positions on reboot.

1. Icons forget size and positions on reboot. - Similar Threads - Icons forget size

2. Bluetooth LE forgets pairing on reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth LE forgets pairing on reboot: I've only just noticed it, but if I pair Bluetooth LE devices with Windows 10, once I reboot, they are gone. A check of the Windows registry indicates that the entire HKLM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\BTHLE key has been removed every time I restart the machine... why? Currently...
  3. icon size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icon size: My Pandora app is tiny on both my app site and the taskbar. I have windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/icon-size/eccce19c-3ddf-4749-b69c-956e5bb66dec
  4. App size/position

in Windows 10 Customization
    App size/position: Hi, I recently had a problem with my PC where I had to reset it and I took a photo of my desktop so I can re download everything.[ATTACH] As you can see the icons are miss aligned. Does anyone know a fix to this?...
  5. Icon size

Icon size: I have been setting up a newer computer and I have setup the recommended size for the display (1360X768) but the desktop icons and all displayed items seem to tall to me. Is there a way to adjust these so they not so tall? Thanks Ben 63368
  6. Lock desktop icons positions?

Lock desktop icons positions?: I occasionally move the mouse pointer across the desktop and inadvertently drag icons to new positions. Is there a command or a feature that locks the desktop icons in place and can snap them back into position when this occurs? 86732
  7. Automatically size and position certain windows

Automatically size and position certain windows: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 pro x64. I have an UHD monitor and would really like it if there was a way or application to set up certain windows to be a specific place on the screen and a specific size when they open. For example, each time I want to save or load any...
  8. icon size

in Windows 10 Support
    icon size: The 3 default icon sizes still too large to my liking. Can reduce size further by pressing Control and turning the mouse wheel. After restart, however, they are back to Large and the arrangement on the desktop all mixed up. Who can help ?? 24602
  9. Icon Positions

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon Positions: I know this has been asked before, but I've never found a suitable answer, so forgive me for asking again. I'm so frustrated though by this problem. I've got a lot of icons on my Windows 10 Pro desktop, all carefully positioned. Every time I play certain games, or connect...
  10. Icon Size

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon Size: What do I keep doing to decrease the size of the icons on my desktop? It's not killing me, but it's INCREDIBLY annoying to have to resize the icons every three minutes. This never happened in Windows 8.1 by the way. 34437