Icons forget size and positions on reboot.

Discus and support Icons forget size and positions on reboot. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After setting the base resolution to 125%, the screen icons seemed unaffected--until the system is rebooted. At this point, icons are reset to maximum... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by William Vaughn, Aug 6, 2015.

1. William Vaughn Win User

After setting the base resolution to 125%, the screen icons seemed unaffected--until the system is rebooted. At this point, icons are reset to maximum size (only eight fit on the screen). Once icons are manually resized, (Ctrl-Scroll), they're scattered all over the screen. Set "auto-position" and they return to their correct place (left border of the primary screen). Reboot and these changes did not persist. I assume that the system thinks I'm blind.

Frankly, I think the system is not shutting down correctly (completely?) and not writing these changes to the registry until the last minute and thus not persisted.

Running a dual-monitor Lenovo Thinkpad W510.

Ideas?

:)

William Vaughn, Aug 6, 2015
  2. yuyoyuppe Win User

Windows 10 Start in Full Screen mode rearranges my icons randomly

Title pretty much says it. I like win8-styled start menu and today I upgraded to Windows 10. However, after each reboot icons on start screen become of the default size and change its positions randomly.

yuyoyuppe, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Ron-Francis Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update Desktop Icons keep getting rearranged

It didn't help me.

After reboot, icons are in different positions. If I refresh (F5) they will shift around into seemingly random different positions.

Ron-Francis, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Icons forget size and positions on reboot. - Similar Threads - Icons forget size

2. How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?: How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-change-the-font-size-of-the-names-under/50291850-7360-442b-9191-cbd59aa3e445
  3. Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up

Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up: Hello I've had this problem for over a month now and I do not know what has caused it Every time I start my computer up or restart (sleep not affected) my desktop icons are all gone If I go on file explorer and check my drives, everything is still there but if I try to...
  4. Shows a different file size when hovering as opposed to properties.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shows a different file size when hovering as opposed to properties.: This is an issue I just discovered. I have a folder on my desktop that is 10.8GB. It has many files and folders inside of it. When I hover my mouse over it, it shows the correct total size of the contents of the folder i.e. 10.8GB. However, if I right click the folder and go...
  5. Battery icon not showin in Status Bar

Battery icon not showin in Status Bar: hello, I am having an odd issue with my battery icon in the taskbar on my Windows 10 Pro. I cannot see my battery level icon everytime I startup my laptop. My only solution is if I signed out and signed in again, it can be shown on my taskbar, otherwise it won´t work. I would...
  6. Start Menu tiles, center app/icon text/label

Start Menu tiles, center app/icon text/label: Does anyone know how to get the text in the tiles to center, like the icons? [img] 115908
  7. Enlarged system tray icons after playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enlarged system tray icons after playing game: Running windows 10 x64 build 1803 Nvidia GTX 1070 Graphics Card After playing any game. My system tray icons all enlarge. Is there a way to get them back to normal size without restarting? Restarting is the only thing I've found to fix it....
  8. Office 2016 Custom Font size for unread message titles ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 Custom Font size for unread message titles ?: Hi folks In Office 2010 / 2016 Is there a way to specify a custom font size rather than simply small->big etc -- as even at max (bigger) setting they look small on a large >48 inch screen. [img] Cheers jimbo 115876
  9. virus definitions daily update size

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virus definitions daily update size: Recently, the daily update size seems to have jumped from a few MBs tot 40-50 MBs. Is this correct? I use a mobile connection allowing me to use 10GB monthly, so 1,5GB just for virus definitions updates is noticeably restricting my access to the internet. Any suggestions?...
  10. Unidentified icon displaying on desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unidentified icon displaying on desktop: Today, I noticed a new icon on my Windows 10 Desktop: [ATTACH] If I right-click, no additional choices appear. The icon cannot be expanded. I have been unable to locate any possibly associated processes for this. Any ideas as to what this might be and how to remove...