Windows 10: Icons going blank (losing images)

Discus and support Icons going blank (losing images) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I've had this odd issue for a while now, and it's driving me batty.Now and then, the icons for some of the programs on my desktop will just go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Elmojomo, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Icons going blank (losing images)

Hi all,

I've had this odd issue for a while now, and it's driving me batty.Now and then, the icons for some of the programs on my desktop will just go blank, as though the program has been uninstalled. The program still works fine, it's just the icon image that's gone. If I pull up the properties and try to fix or change the icon, it will usually show the correct image, and sometimes just re-selecting it will fix it, but normally not. I can browse and choose a totally different image from another program entirely and that will work fine, but of course it's the wrong icon then.

I've run the SFC, and everything is reported as fine. I've also tried deleting the icon cache and letting it rebuild, but that doesn't seem to have any effect on desktop icons, only thumbnails.

Any ideas?

Windows 10 Pro x64 2004 Build 19041.867

submitted by /u/Elmojomo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Elmojomo, Mar 28, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

It's not fixed, today my GPU-Z icon is a blank shortcut icon again..
    And it says GPU-Z.exe does not contain an icon

Icons going blank (losing images) gpu-z-blank-icon-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Flava0ne Win User
    Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I created an icon a while back to suggest it for replacement with a black PCB.

Flava0ne, Mar 28, 2021
  4. O0mix0O Win User

Icons going blank (losing images)

O0mix0O, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Icons going blank (losing images)

1. Icons going blank (losing images) - Similar Threads - Icons going blank

2. Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.: There was a time, in fact this was the situation on Monday of this week, that I had loads of folders on my desktop and they were all blank.As in nobody could see what was in them, comes under privacy.However inside of each of these folders were all large icons showing a...
  3. Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.: There was a time, in fact this was the situation on Monday of this week, that I had loads of folders on my desktop and they were all blank.As in nobody could see what was in them, comes under privacy.However inside of each of these folders were all large icons showing a...
  4. lose icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lose icon: Why my icon did not show in regular image, it shows white folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lose-icon/836002a4-6203-4d33-b697-d40ff4c5bd98
  5. lose icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lose icon: Why my icon did not show in regular image, it shows white folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lose-icon/836002a4-6203-4d33-b697-d40ff4c5bd98
  6. My Games Desktop Icons go blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Games Desktop Icons go blank: Hi. I'm a Windows 10 user. I have steam games installed on my laptop and some of them are ugly so I decided to change it using some ICO files which are converted from good icon images on Internet. However, after changing it by right clicking to the icon, going to Properties,...
  7. Icon for Google Calendar keeps going blank.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon for Google Calendar keeps going blank.: Version 20H2 Build 19042.685 On my Windows start page I have shortcuts for the various apps I commonly use. For Google Calendar I saved the icon and converted it from a PNG to a ICO file. It is fine for a while and then disappears. I have done the same thing for Gmail,...
  8. Windows 10 some icons go blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 some icons go blank: Hello, Some of my icons in the settings app, startup bar and snip&sketch go blank like this. I suspect this to happen with other apps too. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-some-icons-go-blank/184d36c0-2798-496e-8c1b-d584b0701650
  9. Desktop iCONS GO BLANK IN WIN 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop iCONS GO BLANK IN WIN 10.: How can I fix my problem of all my desktop Icons going blank. I tried finding some kind of reset command but it doesn't help. I have to shutdown the pc the get them back but they eventually go blank again....
  10. Blank Thumbnails on Taskbar and Paper white images icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Thumbnails on Taskbar and Paper white images icon: Hi, After the recent update 1709 -- (The fall update I think) I've encounter issues with thumbnail previewer. I does not show thumbnail images but default icon instead [img] it wasn't my first time I've encountered this, It happened same thing on every updates. So knew...