Windows 10: Icons in Folders aren't displayed consistently

Discus and support Icons in Folders aren't displayed consistently in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I would like that every time I open a folder the various icons are always in the same consistent order and arrangement. Multiple times I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joseph_Lynch##, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Icons in Folders aren't displayed consistently

Hello. I would like that every time I open a folder the various icons are always in the same consistent order and arrangement. Multiple times I have tried the following sequence yet every now and then I’ll open a folder and the icons will be scattered in a random order. Can someone please advise if I’m doing something wrong here? I use Widows 10 and Office 365. Thanks for any feedback.

Sort > View > Options > Change Folder and Search Options > View > Apply to Folders after checking the boxes I want > Yes > OK

:)

Joseph_Lynch##, Nov 23, 2020
  2. diego Win User

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Icons in Folders aren't displayed consistently [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Nov 23, 2020
  4. wolf2009 Win User

Icons in Folders aren't displayed consistently

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Icons in Folders aren't displayed consistently

1. Icons in Folders aren't displayed consistently - Similar Threads - Icons Folders aren't

2. Folder icon is not displayed correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder icon is not displayed correctly: Hi, some of my folder icons arent displaying as they should. I've tried deleting the icon cache but to no avail. In addition, I've tried moving my files in the folder into another new folder, the new folder's icon became defective and the original icon has returned to normal....
  3. Folder icon is not displayed correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder icon is not displayed correctly: Hi, some of my folder icons arent displaying as they should. I've tried deleting the icon cache but to no avail. In addition, I've tried moving my files in the folder into another new folder, the new folder's icon became defective and the original icon has returned to normal....
  4. Folder file icon display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder file icon display: In Windows 7 all my pdf and jpg folder icons used to show as a picture of the first page. Since moving to MS10 they don't, how to I change this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-file-icon-display/50ae1ec9-d9d7-4289-b595-7529f0353766
  5. displays disconnect consistently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    displays disconnect consistently: Hi, so I have a problem with my pc and would like some help. I run 2 55" flat screen tv's as monitors. I do use HDR on my main monitor and not my secondary. And i have my main monitor set to 120hz and my secondary to 60hz. They are different model TV's. My secondary tv will...
  6. My Desktop Icons aren't displaying correctly none are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Desktop Icons aren't displaying correctly none are missing: Yesterday when I booted up my computer my icons were displaying the default icons instead of custom ones like steam games displaying a internet explorer icon instead of the game or programs showing the default .exe instead of the logo. When I restarted my computer it didn't...
  7. My Search Icons aren't displaying properly

in Cortana
    My Search Icons aren't displaying properly: Hi Guys! For some reason, whenever I type an app that Microsoft gives like Calculator or Mail, it shows a different icon, i recently updated all my Microsoft Store apps, the new icons dont come on the search, but on the taskbar and the apps list they come! Please help me...
  8. Response of newly created shortcuts aren't consistent.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Response of newly created shortcuts aren't consistent.: So I wanted to created a shortcut key for the windows terminal. Once it's made, it doesn't work instantly. Some time I am using the shortcut key and its working but its not consistent. In order make sure the problem is only with the newly created shortcuts and not my...
  9. Why aren't Windows Start Menu Shortcuts Consistent?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why aren't Windows Start Menu Shortcuts Consistent?: <p>On the Start Menu, I have many Microsoft Applications.&nbsp; However, some say "Microsoft App Name" while other say "App Name."&nbsp; Check out the image below:</p><p></p><p><a...
  10. Folder Icons not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Icons not displaying properly: So this happened today in the afternoon, I was trying to download a file and the folder didn't show up ( Screenshot 1), so when I went to the Drive. It was showing all the folders that I have but It was showing the Icon is a weird way ( Screenshot 2). I don't know why. Can...