Windows 10: Icons in menu changed to default

Discus and support Icons in menu changed to default in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In my main menu, I just noticed many default folder icons on programs that had their own icons. For instance all program icons in H, I, J and L names... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ken1943, Aug 27, 2018.

1. ken1943 Win User

Icons in menu changed to default

In my main menu, I just noticed many default folder icons on programs that had their own icons. For instance all program icons in H, I, J and L names are now default folder icons.
    Any way to change them back ?

Thanks

:)

ken1943, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Aug 27, 2018
  3. psyko12 Win User

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Icons in menu changed to default prob.jpg

psyko12, Aug 27, 2018
  4. psyko12 Win User

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Icons in menu changed to default - Similar Threads - Icons menu changed

2. Changing Default Icons in Win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Default Icons in Win10: How do you change the default icons that are used by Windows 10? Search results have been pretty muddy. This just doesn't seem like it should be this difficult. I'm mostly interested in folders and file types (mp3, mp4, pdf, etc.) Btw, I've been changing icons individually...
  3. Start menu icons changed.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu icons changed.: I recently had a pc reset after that the system apps icon has changed as shown in the attached image image 1 , It looks black and white before it was colorfulImage 2, how do I restore them?? But I don't have any issues regarding using these apps....
  4. Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear

Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear: Hi, after several exchanges with tech support. I finally found out what caused the problem of the icons disappearing and deleted the file which was C:\Users\MyAccount\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy, after which I deleted the account and copied...
  5. Change default folder icon

Change default folder icon: Hello, I wanted to know if it is possible to change the icon of the yellow folder in explorer not only for one as you showed but for all the yellow folders in one action. thank you 169110
  6. Change folder icons by default?

Change folder icons by default?: Hello i have a server and i use because i have so many folders i have icons for the folders but when i access them on another pc there are only empty folders and i have to set them again i can save the icons https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/ordner-icons-standardmaessig-aendern
  7. Changing Default Library Icons?

Changing Default Library Icons?: Okay so I know this has to do with registry editing. The problem is I don't know how to do it. The ones I want to change the most are these: To clarify I do not mean the ones under C:/User/Me" but "This PC" as you see below. [img] I refuse to believe this cannot be...
  8. Changing Start Menu Icons?

Changing Start Menu Icons?: How can I go about changing the look of this ugly Dead Space 3 icon to look as nice as the others? Is this even possible? [img] 70793
  9. Changing start menu icons to small by default

Changing start menu icons to small by default: Changing the icon size of a start menu icon is easy. But how can you make the start menu icons small by default so that you do not need to change the size every single time? [img] 66749
  10. Menu Icons Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Menu Icons Changed: On one laptop I noticed that program icons are changed to default folder icon for most installed programs. Not sure when this happened, but could have been on update Tuesday. Will check my other puters tomorrow. I have very few desktop icons for programs to keep the...