Windows 10: Icons in Start Menu of Default Apps are Replaced with an Icon of A Picture

Discus and support Icons in Start Menu of Default Apps are Replaced with an Icon of A Picture in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This started a few days ago and I have tried numerous fixes including deleting the IconCache.db file. Running .bat files and refreshing, terminating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesLeelayuvat, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Icons in Start Menu of Default Apps are Replaced with an Icon of A Picture

This started a few days ago and I have tried numerous fixes including deleting the IconCache.db file. Running .bat files and refreshing, terminating the apps. I can't seem to fix it. Here's how it looks. Icons in Start Menu of Default Apps are Replaced with an Icon of A Picture bc11f9b3-d7d8-40b2-af85-6715c1edbd39?upload=true.jpg

:)

JamesLeelayuvat, Jan 19, 2021
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jan 19, 2021
  3. psyko12 Win User

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Icons in Start Menu of Default Apps are Replaced with an Icon of A Picture prob.jpg

psyko12, Jan 19, 2021
  4. psyko12 Win User

Icons in Start Menu of Default Apps are Replaced with an Icon of A Picture

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Icons in Start Menu of Default Apps are Replaced with an Icon of A Picture

1. Icons in Start Menu of Default Apps are Replaced with an Icon of A Picture - Similar Threads - Icons Start Menu

2. Windows 10 Start Menu being replaced by app icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start Menu being replaced by app icons: When I clicked the window key, the tiles of the start menu were displayed.Now, the app's icons are displayed instead. would someone tell me how to correct the problem?...
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu being replaced by app icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start Menu being replaced by app icons: When I clicked the window key, the tiles of the start menu were displayed.Now, the app's icons are displayed instead. would someone tell me how to correct the problem?...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu being replaced by app icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear

Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear: Hi, after several exchanges with tech support. I finally found out what caused the problem of the icons disappearing and deleted the file which was C:\Users\MyAccount\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy, after which I deleted the account and copied...
  6. start menu apps icon are missing

start menu apps icon are missing: some of my start menu app icons are missing after the recent update . I don't know how to resolve it . please help me with that. [IMG][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-apps-icon-are-missing/a6c8ce29-e521-453e-b9c4-e630c8a0c195
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu Icons missing/replaced with x icon

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Start Menu Icons missing/replaced with x icon: I've tried pretty much everything from restoring the system to running every single scan through powershell, yet my icons remain as such [ATTACH] The only thing that works for me is creating a new user, but I'd rather not. Is there anything I could do to fix this problem? I...
  8. Start menu Icons not sorting recent Apps icons

Start menu Icons not sorting recent Apps icons: Hello! My newly installed apps icons not showing ON TOP to start, only sorting alphabetically... Figured out this problem happening from this morning... tried to change some settings on 'Start' but not working, Please Help !! here is the picture[ATTACH]...
  9. Changing start menu icons to small by default

Changing start menu icons to small by default: Changing the icon size of a start menu icon is easy. But how can you make the start menu icons small by default so that you do not need to change the size every single time? [img] 66749
  10. Start menu icons/apps missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons/apps missing: Hi guys, Just got this error and couldn't find anything like this solved. The icons (or maybe the apps) are missing from the start menu. Thanks, Gabriel. [img] 40753