Windows 10: Icons in Start Menu

Discus and support Icons in Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently had to clean install Windows 10 20H2, using a bootable usb, due to some problems. But after I installed it, I saw that the icons were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Peter Parker_303, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Icons in Start Menu

I recently had to clean install Windows 10 20H2, using a bootable usb, due to some problems. But after I installed it, I saw that the icons were completely different....Like this...given below

Icons in Start Menu f6bb1c0a-0c61-4423-890a-fcb006619628?upload=true.png

I have checked for updates, but there are no KB..... updates, only SecurityMicrosoft Defender updates.

Please help!!

:)

Peter Parker_303, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jan 28, 2021
  3. psyko12 Win User

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Icons in Start Menu prob.jpg

psyko12, Jan 28, 2021
  4. psyko12 Win User

Icons in Start Menu

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Icons in Start Menu

1. Icons in Start Menu - Similar Threads - Icons Start Menu

2. start menu icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu icons: start menus icons changed with windows 11 22 h2 update. how can i restore to 22h1 start menu icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons/a5eaccf3-b1da-4e9a-8f4a-592f288fc942
  3. start menu icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu icon: All the icon in start menu became a folder. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icon/793ccd6a-c30f-4600-ada0-281fe99d0092
  4. start menu icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu icon: All the icon in start menu became a folder. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icon/793ccd6a-c30f-4600-ada0-281fe99d0092
  5. Start menu icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu icons: When I install something from the Windows Store and click on PIN TO START, an empty icon that does not respond to a click appears. I tried many solutions, but the problem remained. 180404
  6. No icons or Start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No icons or Start menu: Split from this thread. Powered on PC today and no icons or start up menu appear, I can't do anything and it is running incredibly slow, it is Windows 10. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience if this is not the proper way to ask this question. Thanks for any help....
  7. Start Menu icons

Start Menu icons: Why would about half of the icons in my Start Menu turn orange? System is three years old and has had no recent changes or disruptions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons/f64106f6-89fd-4529-aade-0ce2b2c443dd
  8. Start Menu Icons

Start Menu Icons: I just got my new computer. Trying to set it to my tastes. I've "unpinned from start" all the icons I don't want, and pinned the new icons I do want … and when I restart the machine, it reverts to the factory installed settings. This did not happen on my old machine. What's...
  9. Start menu icons

Start menu icons: Im having this weird issue when i make icons small on start screen, Has anyone encountered or resolved this issue. They seem to be cut in half. [img] 12116
  10. Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons: Hello, Is there a way to pin a web page shortcut tile to "Start Menu" from Google Chrome maintaining original web page icon. Thank You 102601