Windows 10: Icons in Taskbar Bug

Discus and support Icons in Taskbar Bug in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] How to Fix it? Icons in Taskbar disappearing. 9723 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sandi1987, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Sandi1987 Win User

Icons in Taskbar Bug

Icons in Taskbar Bug [​IMG]

How to Fix it? Icons in Taskbar disappearing.

:)

Sandi1987, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 System Tray gaps

HI Anna

That would assume there is a bug with the taskbar. Prior to this build of Windows 10 I never had this issue, the taskbar and system tray icons were functioning correctly. Now there is a gap and duplicate icons appearing.

Craig G Hamilton, Jul 29, 2015
  3. kh456 Win User
    Windows 10 Taskbar: pinned icons don't highlight on mouseover/hover

My Windows 10 Taskbar has several app icons pinned to it. Each icon correctly opens an app when clicked on, and when an app is open, its Taskbar icon is highlighted and underlined.

However, when the apps are not open and you mouseover/hover over the same pinned Taskbar icons, the highlight has stopped appearing.

Yet if I mouseover/hover over an icon in the Quick Launch toolbar, the icons that appear there do in fact get the highlight--so the problem occurs strictly on the pinned Taskbar icons.

I have Windows 10 installed on two machines. It works fine on the other machine, but not on this one.

This machine also suffered the dreaded (and still-unsolved) Cortana/Start Menu/critical error bug. I fixed that by going back to an earlier restore point before that problem happened. But could this Taskbar hover/highlight bug be related?

Any ideas how to fix it or troubleshoot it?

kh456, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Icons in Taskbar Bug

Had this same problem. Would you happen to have start8 still installed?

bobsagetfullhou, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Icons in Taskbar Bug

1. Icons in Taskbar Bug - Similar Threads - Icons Taskbar Bug

2. Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons: after the latest windows 10 update my power icon has greyed out, my sound icon no longer responds and my eject icon has disappeared from the taskbar. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons/4407b212-f0bb-4b50-a854-1bd57a753a8a
  3. Taskbar hover bug

Taskbar hover bug: Hey all. I've been encountering a bug recently where taskbar icons remain highlighted after my mouse leaves. The issue is that the name of the app will then appear and stay until I smash the start button a few times or click elsewhere on the taskbar. Occasionally, the app...
  4. Windows taskbar Bug?

Windows taskbar Bug?: Hello everyone, i am having a HUGE problem with the windows taskbar, any game i play on window mode i have the taskbar showing up, when i have to look down, she appears, and i am able to click on her! When i click on her, she opens a program that i didnt wanted to open and...
  5. Bug: Tiny Taskbar Icons - Windows 10

Bug: Tiny Taskbar Icons - Windows 10: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 on a MS Surface Pro as a company provided device for work. I pin a lot of icons to the taskbar and use the option 'Use small taskbar buttons'. When that works fine, it's great, but recently the taskbar icons have been tiny! (example below)...
  6. Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar icons: Why has my taskbar sound icon stopped responding to a left or right click? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/taskbar-icons/5029f423-665a-4d49-a884-782aebbc8d25
  7. Weird taskbar bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird taskbar bug: So, since I updated to Windows 10 my taskbar is running weird. It hides only sometimes, and it's a bit laggy. Today I was using my PC as usual and all of a sudden every OS window/menu became buggy: taskbar, start button would not come up, alt-tab wasn't working, task...
  8. Taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icon: How do I get rid of this? [img] 77636
  9. Bugged Taskbar, time not updating, icons launching wrong applications.

in Windows 10 Support
    Bugged Taskbar, time not updating, icons launching wrong applications.: Today it was the third time in 2 weeks that this happened to me. I was looking at the clock and it showed 9:04, while when I clicked it it was already 09:34. When I clicked on the Whatsapp icon on the taskbar, Windows Mail got started and when I clicked the Windows mail icon,...
  10. Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons: I've got a Taskbar Icons, like; when I move my mouse to any Icon, the highlight thing that when I move it to an icon stays and never go, and I have to reboot/restart my PC if I have to fix it. It's really annoying me, and it's not the first time. I want to ask why is this...