Windows 10: Icons in Taskbar Bug

Discus and support Icons in Taskbar Bug in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] How to Fix it? Icons in Taskbar disappearing. 9723 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sandi1987, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Sandi1987 Win User

Icons in Taskbar Bug

Icons in Taskbar Bug [​IMG]

How to Fix it? Icons in Taskbar disappearing.

:)

Sandi1987, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 System Tray gaps

HI Anna

That would assume there is a bug with the taskbar. Prior to this build of Windows 10 I never had this issue, the taskbar and system tray icons were functioning correctly. Now there is a gap and duplicate icons appearing.

Craig G Hamilton, Jul 29, 2015
  3. kh456 Win User
    Windows 10 Taskbar: pinned icons don't highlight on mouseover/hover

My Windows 10 Taskbar has several app icons pinned to it. Each icon correctly opens an app when clicked on, and when an app is open, its Taskbar icon is highlighted and underlined.

However, when the apps are not open and you mouseover/hover over the same pinned Taskbar icons, the highlight has stopped appearing.

Yet if I mouseover/hover over an icon in the Quick Launch toolbar, the icons that appear there do in fact get the highlight--so the problem occurs strictly on the pinned Taskbar icons.

I have Windows 10 installed on two machines. It works fine on the other machine, but not on this one.

This machine also suffered the dreaded (and still-unsolved) Cortana/Start Menu/critical error bug. I fixed that by going back to an earlier restore point before that problem happened. But could this Taskbar hover/highlight bug be related?

Any ideas how to fix it or troubleshoot it?

kh456, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Icons in Taskbar Bug

Had this same problem. Would you happen to have start8 still installed?

bobsagetfullhou, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

Icons in Taskbar Bug

1. Icons in Taskbar Bug - Similar Threads - Icons Taskbar Bug

2. Windows taskbar icons bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taskbar icons bug: Some icons look cut, already tried to restart a PC, Explorer, and apps that have these bugged icons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-taskbar-icons-bug/dab4acf3-580e-4dff-a18b-b37746d2fd0c
  3. Windows taskbar icons bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows taskbar icons bug: Some icons look cut, already tried to restart a PC, Explorer, and apps that have these bugged icons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-taskbar-icons-bug/dab4acf3-580e-4dff-a18b-b37746d2fd0c
  4. windows taskbar settings icon bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows taskbar settings icon bug: How to fix this, I just upgraded from windows 10 to 11 yesterday and find this feature bug.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SfglrifVJl1gWQ_aIcH5LitPOigs8QRC/view?usp=sharingWindows versionSystem Information...
  5. Taskbar Icon Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Icon Bug: My taskbar icons act like my mouse is hovered over them when it's actually not.This only happens on my main screen. Any help in fixing this would be great.I already found this - Taskbar hover bug - Microsoft Community - and the solution posted there isn't a permanent fix. The...
  6. Taskbar Icon Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icon Bug: Since I updated, my taskbar has this visual bug that bothers me a little, is there a solution for that? Is it just mine? What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-bug/df505c55-e3f7-4adf-8db7-2634731acecd
  7. Taskbar Icon Bug

Taskbar Icon Bug: Since I updated, my taskbar has this visual bug that bothers me a little, is there a solution for that? Is it just mine? What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-bug/df505c55-e3f7-4adf-8db7-2634731acecd
  8. Mail taskbar icon bug

Mail taskbar icon bug: Hi!So,I have this bug,that when i have no e-mails,the mail icon in taskbar says that i have two new e-mails,but when i select Gmail or Outlook,I HAVE NO NEW E-MAILS.Is there a solution to solve this bug? *If you don't understand some words,I am from Romania and my windows...
  9. Windows10 taskbar icons are bugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 taskbar icons are bugged: I tried many methods on google and none of them worked. I've Steam and some other apps that no matter how many times I tried to delete iconcache, sfc scan, restore commands and such it always shows every app opened in the taskbar as the "security system" icon. How can I solve...
  10. Windows10 taskbar icons are bugged

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 taskbar icons are bugged: I tried many methods on google and none of them worked. I've Steam and some other apps that no matter how many times I tried to delete iconcache, sfc scan, restore commands and such it always shows every app opened in the taskbar as the "security system" icon. How can I solve...