Windows 10: Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

Discus and support Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TomCoulter, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active, switching it from minimized to the previous windowed size. MS Edge and other 2013Pro+ apps only behave like this IF only one tab or document is open. If there are multiple tabs Edge or multiple docs .xlsx, .docx, the only way to switch to them is using the Alt-Tab keyboard shortcut. Previously, holding the mouse over the ta

:)

TomCoulter, Mar 14, 2022
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 14, 2022
  3. Mouse Pointer not responding

Ok so my friend is having a problem with his mouse not working. He is able to move the mouse cursor around but then it doesn't respond when clicking on an icon, taskbar, or anything. Can anyone help diagnose the problem we are are having?

He is running Windows XP 32bit and his comp is really old (his mouse still uses the track ball and is not via usb port) and I think his PC has some other problems of it's own that could be related to this, but I don't know...*Confused Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks :confused:

(sorry if I'm in the wrong section)

t77snapshot, Mar 14, 2022
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Mar 14, 2022
Thema:

Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

1. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks - Similar Threads - Icons Taskbar responding

2. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  3. Outlook mail taskbar icon not responding to mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook mail taskbar icon not responding to mouse: This morning this issue included icons for Amazon and Walmart not responding. I performed sfc /scannow with result stating: "Corrupt files were found and corrected".All others taskbar icons open as usual. What shall I do to fix the Outlook icon?...
  4. Outlook mail taskbar icon not responding to mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook mail taskbar icon not responding to mouse: This morning this issue included icons for Amazon and Walmart not responding. I performed sfc /scannow with result stating: "Corrupt files were found and corrected".All others taskbar icons open as usual. What shall I do to fix the Outlook icon?...
  5. Outlook mail taskbar icon not responding to mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons.: Yesterday night my computer stopped responding to any of my mouse clicks after working perfectly on a daily basis. The mouse move normally and the start menu opens, but other then that nothing happens - whenever i click on an app/settings icon it looks like it clicks but...
  7. Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons.: Yesterday night my computer stopped responding to any of my mouse clicks after working perfectly on a daily basis. The mouse move normally and the start menu opens, but other then that nothing happens - whenever i click on an app/settings icon it looks like it clicks but...
  8. Help! My computer doesn’t respond to mouse clicking on icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Apps not responding to mouse clicks.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps not responding to mouse clicks.: Not sure if its a Windows 10 problem or not but, I have had my (pre-built but upgraded) PC for just over a year now and it's great! but for 1, it suddenly started feeling really slow and freezing (I have an m.2 nvme) but, most annoyingly, apps and games will just not respond...
  10. Mouse clicks not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse clicks not responding: Today, I opened the computer. On the lock screen, everything worked as normal, but once it started, no mouse clicks would respond. If I hover over something in the taskbar, it lights up as it should, but clicking on anything does nothing. If I use the touchscreen, the clicks...