Windows 10: Icons in the start menu are not displaying properly

Discus and support Icons in the start menu are not displaying properly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Recently I have reinstalled the windows using fresh start by keeping all my personnel files and deleting all the applications. After the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DevalapalliTejeshwar, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Icons in the start menu are not displaying properly

Hi

Recently I have reinstalled the windows using fresh start by keeping all my personnel files and deleting all the applications. After the installation, I tried to install the software and I installed all of them. But after the installation, icons are usual on the desktop. But when I tried to search on the start menu and I noticed that the icons are not loading for the applications. I have tried resetting the icon cache, reinstalling the explorer, and start menu.I tried 5 different solutions but of no use.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Icons in the start menu are not displaying properly 6763c441-1ce2-40ee-9891-1018f3c3f4be?upload=true.png

Icons in the start menu are not displaying properly b94747a7-c464-4980-b0be-f4231d86ae26?upload=true.png

:)

DevalapalliTejeshwar, Oct 21, 2020
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Oct 21, 2020
  3. psyko12 Win User

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Icons in the start menu are not displaying properly prob.jpg

psyko12, Oct 21, 2020
  4. psyko12 Win User

Icons in the start menu are not displaying properly

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Icons in the start menu are not displaying properly

1. Icons in the start menu are not displaying properly - Similar Threads - Icons start menu

2. Icons for items recommended by the start menu are displayed incorrectly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons for items recommended by the start menu are displayed incorrectly: The recommended item icons in the start menu are showing errors as shown in the image. Some image files are displayed correctly, some are displayed incorrectly; document images are displayed incorrectly; some compressed files will be displayed as folder icons. But in...
  3. Taskbar icons not displaying properly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons not displaying properly?: [IMG] submitted by /u/DanganKichi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxyfpk/taskbar_icons_not_displaying_properly/
  4. Wifi Icon not display properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi Icon not display properly: Hi, after I update my windows 10 to latest version, the Wifi icon becomes weird. Please help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-icon-not-display-properly/8addc47d-2e92-4d27-8022-75cc48912c4d
  5. Apps on the Start menu keep displaying the download icon

Apps on the Start menu keep displaying the download icon: Hi there, Need gurus' help on this issue. 1 When mouse is hover over the tile, it says ''app is on it's way'' [IMG] 2 What it says after I click on the missing app: [IMG] 3 Setting in the Store status. It says are latest! Does not seem to have any things that I...
  6. Start Menu icons are not displaying all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu icons are not displaying all of a sudden: [ATTACH] In the past 48 hours, I've noticed that any system and store app icons are not displaying in the start menu on this particular screen or when searched via the start bar. If I scroll thru the program list, the icons are there. I've tried rebuilding my icon and...
  7. Folder Icons not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Icons not displaying properly: So this happened today in the afternoon, I was trying to download a file and the folder didn't show up ( Screenshot 1), so when I went to the Drive. It was showing all the folders that I have but It was showing the Icon is a weird way ( Screenshot 2). I don't know why. Can...
  8. DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY: On window 10 on my laptop 75% of my icons are a little white box with dialogue at the bottom of them to say what they are if I enlarge them they are bigger but still a blank icon Micro Soft has suggested I reinstall windows which I did but everything is still the same...
  9. Icons not Displayed in Start Menu !

Icons not Displayed in Start Menu !: The Icons are not displayed on Start Menu, When I click the Icon It opens the App perfectly and in howermouse it show the Name of the App but it doesn't display the Icon. Any Idea how to get the Icons back ? [img] 26882
  10. Onedrive icons not displaying properly!

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive icons not displaying properly!: I have a very weird issue where the folder and file symbols associated with onedrive (sync, OK or ERROR symbols) are not displayed when navigating the onedrive folder on my PC. All the files and folders only display the sync symbol while the onedrive app in the taskbar shows...