Windows 10: Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out

Discus and support Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The screenshot above is currently what showing inside the Taskbar settings. I already tried disabling/uninstall then reinstall the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeffreyCasilang, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out

Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out d8af4fa8-82e0-4d88-9619-aee381fcf83a?upload=true.png

The screenshot above is currently what showing inside the Taskbar settings.

I already tried disabling/uninstall then reinstall the "Microsoft AC adapter" as well as the "Microsoft ACPI- Compliant Control Method Battery but it was no good.

I also tried deleting the "iconstreams"and "Pasticonsteam"in Registry but it is already missing by the time I got into​

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify​

and here is a screenshot of that.​

Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out fac38426-301f-46e6-aabc-a2ec809fa05e?upload=true.png

I need help. Thanks.

:)

JeffreyCasilang, Jul 23, 2020

2. Network missing from taskbar - grayed out in settings

Hello TenForum users,

I noticed this afternoon (after a reboot) that I was missing some icons from my taskbar. I am missing an HP Beats Audio button and the Wifi logo. This is all I see with all icons being forced to show:

Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out [​IMG]

I read online that if you go to "Turn system icons on or off" you can re-enable it. I figured I would give it a shot. Unfortunately it is grayed out:

Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out [​IMG]

The only thing I changed since my last reboot is I installed VirtualBox, (which is the most likely cause) and uninstalling Avast! SafeBrowser or something to that effect. Avast! is installing programs without telling me, but that's a whole other subject.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks.

Demodude123, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out

1. Icons in the Taskbar settings are all grayed out - Similar Threads - Icons Taskbar settings

2. All sign-in options grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All sign-in options grayed out: Hi,I'm not exactly sure when this happened, but I believe it was after I converted from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and now all the sign in options are grayed out. I figured I can change the ping if I just Win+L and then do forget password to change the pin, but I cannot set any...
  3. All sign-in options grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All sign-in options grayed out: Hi,I'm not exactly sure when this happened, but I believe it was after I converted from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and now all the sign in options are grayed out. I figured I can change the ping if I just Win+L and then do forget password to change the pin, but I cannot set any...
  4. Sign-in options are all grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in options are all grayed out: I have been running Windows 11 on my Lenovo Yoga 15IRH Laptop. I typically use my fingerprint scanner to log into my laptop but I also have a pin I occasionally use. However, my fingerprint scanner has stopped working, and when I look at my login settings, it shows all login...
  5. Grayed out download status icons

in Browsers and Email
    Grayed out download status icons: Hello, So whenever I download a file, the icon of that program is grayed out while in the download process. I looked online everywhere but I couldn't find any answer. I'm using Windows 10 on an ACER Swift 3. Yes, this is not just with this website. If anyone has a solution, I...
  6. Nightlight settings are grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightlight settings are grayed out: My Nightlight is greyed out. The video driver is up to date. So I've tried this instruction. And I've found out that there are no such keys in this folder. What should I do next? Can I create these keys somehow and delete them thereafter? Please help, my eyes are in real pain...
  7. Speaker on the taskbar is missing and is grayed out at "Enable or disable system icons"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speaker on the taskbar is missing and is grayed out at "Enable or disable system icons"?: Hello, The speaker icon is missing on my taskbar and I cannot activate it in the settings because it is greyed out. I have attached a screenshot. [ATTACH] Lautsprecher an der Taskleiste fehlt und ist bei "Systemsymbole aktivieren oder deaktivieren" grau hinterlegt?
  8. Taskbar color setting grayed out

Taskbar color setting grayed out: I use a special color bright orange on my title bar and taskbar. The taskbar has suddenly turned white, and the Personalization/System/Display/Colors switch is grayed and unusable. I've rebooted several times, and I've run "chkdsk /f", but nothing changes.Why, and how do I...
  9. cascade windows all grayed out

cascade windows all grayed out: Somehow I run into this issue, I tried: 1. Change System Languages 2. Change System Fonts 3. Performance Options => Let Windows choose what's best for my computer but it didn't work anyone has any ideas? unspeakable appreciated! [ATTACH] as you can see, all the...
  10. Network missing from taskbar - grayed out in settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network missing from taskbar - grayed out in settings: Hello TenForum users, I noticed this afternoon (after a reboot) that I was missing some icons from my taskbar. I am missing an HP Beats Audio button and the Wifi logo. This is all I see with all icons being forced to show: [img] I read online that if you go to "Turn...