Windows 10: Icons in Windows 10 not showing notifications after software update yesterday

Discus and support Icons in Windows 10 not showing notifications after software update yesterday in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Until yesterday, I would get a yellow envelope below my Outlook icon in the taskbar when I had new mail and a notification on the Slack icon that I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pmartin1105, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Icons in Windows 10 not showing notifications after software update yesterday

Until yesterday, I would get a yellow envelope below my Outlook icon in the taskbar when I had new mail and a notification on the Slack icon that I had a new message. All my settings are the same and I have checked them in Windows 10, Outlook and Slack. The only thing that has changed is that Windows installed an update yesterday and now things are not working. I look online and it says to right click on the taskbar for Properties but there is no option for properties when you right click. I have gone into settings and the settings for the taskbar are correct. I have gone into Outlook and Slack and the notifications are turned on. Help.

:)

pmartin1105, Dec 13, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

4. Icons in Windows 10 not showing notifications after software update yesterday

Windows 10 - Notification Settings not showing Apps?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience. I will definitely assist you.

I appreciate the steps that you have done. I suggest you please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Type notification on the search bar and click on
      notification & action settings.

• And click on select which icons appear on the taskbar.

• Turn on show app notification separately for each app.
    Hope this information helps, post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Icons in Windows 10 not showing notifications after software update yesterday

1. Icons in Windows 10 not showing notifications after software update yesterday - Similar Threads - Icons showing notifications

2. Icons not showing after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons not showing after update: After I updated my windows 10 x64 bit it dont showing battery icon, i tried to turn off it and turn on again and tried to restart explorer.exe but battery icon is not showing: How to fix this?...
  3. Icons not showing after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons not showing after update: After I updated my windows 10 x64 bit it dont showing battery icon, i tried to turn off it and turn on again and tried to restart explorer.exe but battery icon is not showing: How to fix this?...
  4. Icons not showing after update

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. After latest update, Windows Security notification icon?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After latest update, Windows Security notification icon?: What happened to the Windows Security notification icon? It's not displayed in Settings or on the system tray notification area. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-latest-update-windows-security-notification/7812bf2f-cad1-4684-9239-a600a6459c4e
  6. Windows 10 strange icon/notification after an update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 strange icon/notification after an update: hi, for the first time in win 10 i saw an icon/notification i couldn't recognize. [img] does anyone here knows what that is? thanks! 174115
  7. Windows 10 Notifications icon not working after update on Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Notifications icon not working after update on Laptop: My icon will show the number of icons on my Laptop. When I click on it, the number of icons disappears, and the notifications will not open. The action center will not open. I cannot see the part where it shows airplane mode, night light, network, etc. I have searched this...
  8. Notification Area Icons - not showing any icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area Icons - not showing any icons: [img] [img] [img] I tried some .bat files from this forum, but nothing changed Windows 10 version: 190318 Please help me to solve this...thanks 151929
  9. Notifications icon shows 1 but there are no new notifications.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications icon shows 1 but there are no new notifications.: [IMG] This has been bugging me for a few months now, I have searched a few times but haven't found a fix for these false notifications. Restarting seems to get rid of them but it soon comes back again, can we please get a fix for this....
  10. Tray notification icons not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Tray notification icons not showing: Dell XPS-13 Windows 10 Creators Update The icons I choose to "show" in the tray become hidden at the next bootup or restart. Tray icon settings do not "take". Wiped out next time. The problems with this awful update to Windows 10 are never-ending. Please help. 85913