Windows 10: Icons in windows explorer disappear within a few seconds

Discus and support Icons in windows explorer disappear within a few seconds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, have windows 10. My Windows Explorer was showing the icons and folders properly until recently. Windows Explorer suddenly stopped showing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sedagabab, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Sedagabab Win User

Icons in windows explorer disappear within a few seconds

Hello, have windows 10. My Windows Explorer was showing the icons and folders properly until recently. Windows Explorer suddenly stopped showing the icons and folders and shows empty boxes. I tried unchecking the box that says "always show icons never thumbnails" in the windows explorer. Also tried checking box in the control panel under "systems" sections, "advanced", "performance" for showing icons. It did not help. Also ran the .BAT file for rebuilding the windows icons cache and rebooted the computer. I had previously asked this this question on this forum and one of the expert consultants send me the steps to force the icon cache to rebuild itself as he thought that my icon cache is corrupt. I followed these instructions to rebuild the icon cache and initially got excited. After rebooting, initially the icons were showing for a few seconds. but within a few seconds they disappeared again. I have attached a current screen shot of windows explorer. Really appreciate your help. Icons in windows explorer disappear within a few seconds a882c063-039f-408d-a2b2-f86267a80ee5?upload=true.jpg

:)

Sedagabab, Feb 14, 2020

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Icons disappeared and theme changed.

Hi Roland,

Corrupted system files may be one of the possible causes why the icons on your desktop disappeared. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Have you tried creating a new user profile and check if the problem is in the current profile or also with the new profile?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this
    thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Additionally, You can reset the Icon Cache. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to the following folder:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • In the Explorer folder, you will see a lot of files with the
      iconcache name. Delete all of them.

Once you have deleted all the iconcache files, a folder names IconCacheToDelete
    will appear. Simply restart your PC and this folder will disappear.

In the event that you are unable to delete some of the files, see the steps below:

• Open elevated Command Prompt. (Win+X > Command Prompt (Admin))
    • Type the following command, and then press Enter:

cd /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer attrib –h iconcache_*.db del iconcache_*.db start explorer

If the issue still persists, I recommend you try the suggestion provided by
    kpeW9
    on this thread or the steps shared by
    Guru Khan G on this thread
    to troubleshoot your concern. This will also help you scan for corruption and restore corrupted files/Windows corruptions error.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 14, 2020
  4. wolf2009 Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Icons in windows explorer disappear within a few seconds - Similar Threads - Icons explorer disappear

2. Outlook Closes within 10 seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook Closes within 10 seconds: Outlook opens,,, receives few mail items and then closes automatically without any error msg. This appeared to happen after a windows 10 update which happened yesterday or today (not sure). I ran office repair (simple option), ran outlook in safe mode... ,,, cold booted......
  3. icons within my email disappeared -

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    icons within my email disappeared -: the icons at the bottom of my email disappeared - I have no bold no font size - no attachment symbol - nothing I think they might have disappeared when I updated windows. How do I find these and put them back in my email? Thanks for your help....
  4. Email from PC disappears from screen within seconds of opening.

Email from PC disappears from screen within seconds of opening.: Email from PC disappears from screen within seconds of opening. I am using Windows 10. It will not stay on to view emails. I can view email from iphone and ipad. Help!!...
  5. Explorer freezing randomly on opening random folders for a few second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer freezing randomly on opening random folders for a few second: I have the following problem on my laptop, Dell XPS 15 9570 i7-8750H 16GB RAM, that the Windows Explorer freezes for a few seconds, maybe 3-5 seconds on random folders. Just happened again after I opened it and clicked c: and the content just showed up after 3 seconds or so...
  6. File Explorer Jumping To Top of List Every Few Seconds

File Explorer Jumping To Top of List Every Few Seconds: I have read every page of the forum on the subject: "File Explorer Keeps Jumping Back To The Top" and the most poplular solution regarding turning off the "Automactically Select Color" option referred to apparently has nothing to do with my problem because I have gone in to...
  7. Internet Explorer will come up for a few seconds and then disappear.

Internet Explorer will come up for a few seconds and then disappear.: Internet Explorer will come up for a few seconds and then disappear. It will not stay up long enough to change settings. I tried to restore to an earlier time and it said I probably had a firewall. I disabled it and tried again and it said the same thing. I have Windows 10...
  8. Windows unresponsive for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows unresponsive for a few seconds: Hello, I have been having this problem since Windows 7 (now upgraded to 10) and on several computers. The system hangs for a few seconds and becomes unresponsive. If I try to click around, the explorer.exe stops working and closes. I usually cannot click on the taskbar but...
  9. Control panel starts up but shuts down within a few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Control panel starts up but shuts down within a few seconds: This is my son’s Windows 10 computer: HP ProBook 6560b Win10 Pro (x64) laptop It updated to CU Version 1703 (build 15063.413) today 6/30/17 It was on Version 1607 (OS build 14393.1198) and ran excellently. However on the CU Version 1703 (build 15063.413), the control panel...
  10. File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar: I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 yesterday and overall I've been happy with it. However, I note one strange behavior: the File Explorer icon seems to disappear sometimes from the Taskbar. I created a Desktop shortcut for File Explorer, but when I right click on...