Windows 10: icons inside a folder

Discus and support icons inside a folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has anybody figured out a way to arrange icons inside a folder and not have them revert to auto arrange ? I know i can number them or put them inside... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wingman1800, Sep 19, 2018.

1. icons inside a folder

Has anybody figured out a way to arrange icons inside a folder and not have them revert to auto arrange ? I know i can number them or put them inside another folder but not of this was necessary in win 7.
    Pls adv
    thanks
    tom

:)

wingman1800, Sep 19, 2018
  2. Mr McC Win User

Weird desktop icon behaviour on Steam

Yes, they are; however, when I right click on the "blue sphere" icon to change it and browse to the corresponding folder inside the Steam folder, it lets me go through all the steps, but the blue sphere remains. *Confused icons inside a folder :confused:

Mr McC, Sep 19, 2018
  3. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin icons inside a folder :D

PVTCaboose1337, Sep 19, 2018
  4. wolf2009 Win User

icons inside a folder

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

icons inside a folder

1. icons inside a folder - Similar Threads - icons inside folder

2. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  3. Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.: There was a time, in fact this was the situation on Monday of this week, that I had loads of folders on my desktop and they were all blank.As in nobody could see what was in them, comes under privacy.However inside of each of these folders were all large icons showing a...
  4. Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank desktop folders but with icon images inside.: There was a time, in fact this was the situation on Monday of this week, that I had loads of folders on my desktop and they were all blank.As in nobody could see what was in them, comes under privacy.However inside of each of these folders were all large icons showing a...
  5. Move icon freely inside a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Move icon freely inside a folder: How can I move my icon inside a folder. I dont mean on desktop, but inside a folder on C: disk. Now it is impossible to move icon around, they all seem to be lined up alphabetical. For example sometimes I want to move i file.txt to bottom right in folder window, but now it...
  6. Icons becoming blank when put inside of a folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons becoming blank when put inside of a folder: [ATTACH] Recently, I decided to move my game shortcuts inside of a folder because I wanted my desktop to look cleaner. BUT when I moved the games inside of the folder, some of the icons became blank. Does anyone know how to fix this? or at least why it's happening?...
  7. Unable to change icons in Program Files folder, Program Files (x86) folder or folders inside

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change icons in Program Files folder, Program Files (x86) folder or folders inside: Hi! I'm Unable to change icons in Program Files folder, Program Files (x86) folder or folders inside these. I am able to change the icons in other folders. I just installed Windows 10 and made all the updates. I have only one account which is a Local Administrator Acct ....
  8. Folders inside other Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders inside other Folders: How does that happen? and How can it be separated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-inside-other-folders/2dd6bc93-3141-4995-b5f5-b60d42476b89"
  9. deleting folders inside Users Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    deleting folders inside Users Folder: Hello, I want to delete some folders that belong to Users Folder, is that going to cause my system problems? 65862
  10. Icons inside folders appear too apart from each other

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons inside folders appear too apart from each other: All items inside folders are shown too separate in my windows 10 home 1709. It looks like double-spaced. It happens with images, other folders, ... all items, when you choose LARGE ICON, or MEDIUM ICON. I was used to view my computer folders as "medium icons" but now it's...