Windows 10: icons inside of tray on the task bar disappear after switching resolutions, only after the...

Discus and support icons inside of tray on the task bar disappear after switching resolutions, only after the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. Recently after one of the newest October updates for windows 10, every time I switch from my native resolution, 2560x1440p, to anything lower... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by missedphonecall, Nov 9, 2018.

1. icons inside of tray on the task bar disappear after switching resolutions, only after the...

Hello.

Recently after one of the newest October updates for windows 10, every time I switch from my native resolution, 2560x1440p, to anything lower such as 1920x1080p, and then switch back to 1440p, the apps in my tray on the task bar have started to disappear. For example, I would have steam open, and it would appear inside of the tray, but after I switch to a different resolution and then switch back to my normal resolution, steam disappears from the tray, although it is still open. This was never an issue before updating as the apps would still show up in the tray after switching resolutions. The only way around this that i've found is to turn off the tray and have it display all of the tray icons on my task bar near my clock. I was wondering if this is just a bug with the newest update or is there somehow something I did that messes with this.

The image with the three apps is how it normally appears, before i change my resolution. The picture at 12:01am is what it looks like after changing my resolution from 1440p to 1080p and then back to 1440p. The picture at 12:04am is how i get the apps to appear, but not inside of the tray. In order for them to come up I have to turn off the tray and have them display in the notification area.

icons inside of tray on the task bar disappear after switching resolutions, only after the... f80b64c5-9f4a-4b37-927b-8b373f8a1f26?upload=true.png icons inside of tray on the task bar disappear after switching resolutions, only after the... 1904ac8f-157f-49cb-afe9-66f4404c359e?upload=true.png icons inside of tray on the task bar disappear after switching resolutions, only after the... b97f27c0-309f-4b11-9f50-ee6c6c790197?upload=true.png

:)

missedphonecall, Nov 9, 2018

2. Task Bar Icons Disappear and Reappear

Hi this started shortly after installing windows 10, when i click on the volume or the network icon in the system tray, all the other icons in the system tray as well as the task bar disappear, when i mouse over were they are supposed to be they reappear,
    its not a big deal, just kinda annoying.

Any suggestions with this would be appreciated

Thanks

AnthonyBerakos, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Tray icon disappears

I've been experiencing since the installation of Windows XP SP2 on multiple machines with the ATITool Tray Icon disappearing upon load at system startup. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Enabling or Disabling the "Hide Inactive (tray) Icons" WinXP menu option doesn't have any effect. The only way to open ATITool after it has loaded is to go through the start menu to open it again. I have "minimize on close" selected in ATITool. When closing ATITool, you see it make the motions of minimizing to the tray area but no icon is displayed. Any ideas?

djshowergel, Nov 9, 2018
  4. icons inside of tray on the task bar disappear after switching resolutions, only after the...

Tray icon disappears

Yeap. Process continues to run, easily identifable in Task Manager. ATITool works perfectly and switches profiles despite the fact the tray icon is only present in roughly one out of every 5-6 reboots.

I'm also using it on an IBM-R50 laptop that's sporting a Radeon 9000 chip and it does the same thing there .. it's running the same version of Windows XP (SP2 + All updates), same antiviurs (Trend 2005), etc. It's on an PentiumM chip vs the AthlonXP in my desktop. Basically I don't think platform has any contributing factor.

djshowergel, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

icons inside of tray on the task bar disappear after switching resolutions, only after the...

1. icons inside of tray on the task bar disappear after switching resolutions, only after the... - Similar Threads - icons inside tray

2. Desktop Icons disappeared after switching to virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons disappeared after switching to virtual desktop: Hello,I accidentally pressed a shortcut, not sure which one, something like Windows + Control + D, and it switched the desktop.I didn't know about these keys, but when I pressed them, all my icons from my original screen disapperead when switching to the other desktops.Is...
  3. Tray icon disappearing in windows insider beta

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tray icon disappearing in windows insider beta: Hi, so I have a problem that the systray icon does not appear on my taskbar, I even tried to reinstall windows 11 and update to the same build and one day after, it happened again, there is no post about it and I have tried everything. Here are some pictures: This is the...
  4. Tray icon disappearing in windows insider beta

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tray icon disappearing in windows insider beta: Hi, so I have a problem that the systray icon does not appear on my taskbar, I even tried to reinstall windows 11 and update to the same build and one day after, it happened again, there is no post about it and I have tried everything. Here are some pictures: This is the...
  5. Task Bar Icons Disappear and Reappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Bar Icons Disappear and Reappear: This problem occurs whenever I close the file explorer tab after a while. Moreover, it happens automatically after some time. I also updated my OS from windows 10 to 11, even then there was no solution.Why this is happening & how can I solve this? Any suggestions with this...
  6. Task Bar Icons Disappear and Reappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar Icons Disappear and Reappear: This problem occurs whenever I close the file explorer tab after a while. Moreover, it happens automatically after some time. I also updated my OS from windows 10 to 11, even then there was no solution.Why this is happening & how can I solve this? Any suggestions with this...
  7. Windows task bar icons not rendering properly and disappearing after update KB5003637....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows task bar icons not rendering properly and disappearing after update KB5003637....: Windows task bar icons not rendering properly and disappearing after update KB5003637. Moving task bar to right side and then back to bottom screen position corrects the problem temporarily. If others are effected by this issue please reply. Thank you...
  8. Task bar disappeared after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar disappeared after Windows 10 update: Not only the task bar, but the main screen is totally blank. Also seems some items are changed or missing, such as every time I try to bring up a web browser it keeps asking me which one to use like there is no default anymore....
  9. Task bar icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task bar icons disappeared: After running an update a couple of nights ago, the next morning most of the icons on the task bar at the bottom were gone and I can't click on the few that are left. If I minimize a screen, it doesn't show up on the task bar. If I try to reopen the same thing, it says I...
  10. Tray icons disappear after expanding?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tray icons disappear after expanding?: Whenever i click on my "hidden icons" button on the right of my taskbar, they all appear for a split second, then the box becomes more narrow and hides half of them. [ATTACH] As you can see, some of the icons appear blurry and the box has a weird border on the right side as...