Windows 10: Icons invisible on PC icon cache will not rebuild

Discus and support Icons invisible on PC icon cache will not rebuild in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently been experimenting with replacing the icons for the applications on my PC using a program called "Customizergod" and in this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BPC4, Nov 3, 2020.

1. BPC4 Win User

Icons invisible on PC icon cache will not rebuild

Hello, I have recently been experimenting with replacing the icons for the applications on my PC using a program called "Customizergod" and in this process seemed to have removed all the icons in my file explore, desktop, etc. I've tried many solutions such as rebuilding the icon cache manually and through the command prompt. When looking in my files the icon cache doesn't seem to be in ... Icons invisible on PC icon cache will not rebuild ed32ebb1-b063-48d0-a9c5-18be6d41797c?upload=true.png App data>Local. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

:)

BPC4, Nov 3, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Safe way to rebuild icon cache in windows 8.1?

Hi people, I've noticed the Task Scheduler icon on my desktop is "low quality"

Icons invisible on PC icon cache will not rebuild shortcut-task-scheduler-jpg.jpg

Now I found this on the internet: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rebuild-the-icon-cache-windows

How to purge and rebuild the icon cache I would have to go to C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local folder and delete the hidden IconCache.db file.

Is this safe to do this?
    I don't want to mess up my system.

Anyone tried this before on windows 8.1?

Thanks!

P4-630, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Jack Doph Win User
    Some icons missing in W7

It's a W7 bug I haven't found a way around yet either..
    Most of the time it's all fine, but, of all things, the GPU-Z icon disappears at a steady rate of once a week.
    I use Icon Cache Rebuilder if this happens.
    A nuisance, for sure :/

Jack Doph, Nov 3, 2020
  4. hachiroku Win User

Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10  

Hello, this method does not seem to work for the displayed icons on the Start Menu programs list, I've tried several times and it stills shows old icons, I think these icons are cached in another way, do you perchance know how to refresh them?

Talking about these:

Icons invisible on PC icon cache will not rebuild [​IMG]

Thanks in advance!!

hachiroku, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Icons invisible on PC icon cache will not rebuild - Similar Threads - Icons invisible icon

2. Blurry Folder icons depsite multiple icon cache and thumbnail deletion and rebuild.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry Folder icons depsite multiple icon cache and thumbnail deletion and rebuild.: I have done multiple times of these below and it still cannot fix them.- Delete Thumbnail and Icon Cache and Rebuild them = still blurry- DDU Nvidia Driver and install multiple version = no change- Used onboard Intel Graphic and dedicated ASUS RTX 2060 EVO = same too, also on...
  3. Blurry Folder icons depsite multiple icon cache and thumbnail deletion and rebuild.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry Folder icons depsite multiple icon cache and thumbnail deletion and rebuild.: I have done multiple times of these below and it still cannot fix them.- Delete Thumbnail and Icon Cache and Rebuild them = still blurry- DDU Nvidia Driver and install multiple version = no change- Used onboard Intel Graphic and dedicated ASUS RTX 2060 EVO = same too, also on...
  4. Invisible Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invisible Icons: Hello community,I was trying to figure out how to hide the Tray icons and, apparently, the solution involved Iconcache. Well, every icon has disappeared except for the icons on taskbar lol.As you can see in the image, icons are not invisible per se, but they are just gone...
  5. Rebuild Icon Cache no longer effective

in Windows 10 Support
    Rebuild Icon Cache no longer effective: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.610. Shortly after that a number of icons on my desktop went blank. Properties displays still show correct icons. Tried running Rebuild_Icon_Cache batch file supplied in the tutorials but no success. Any ideas? 167685
  6. How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10: Hi, I am facing problem as the Progress Bar keep running green after the optional windows update of KB455094 though I have deleted it but the problem remain same. Even Explorer can not be open unless I reboot computer whenever I have to access folders in Explorer....
  7. I tried to rebuild the icon cache

in Windows 10 Support
    I tried to rebuild the icon cache: I tried to rebuild the icon cache. I had no success whatsoever. Here are my screenshots if anyone has an idea: [img] [img] [img] [img] 136373
  8. Rebuilding Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Rebuilding Icons: I notice that all of my shortcut icons have turned black. I'm wondering if rebuilding the icon cache will correct this. Also, if I do rebuild the icons will the rest of the icons keep their thumbnails-icons that came from various Internet sites and the thumbnails-icon images...
  9. Thumbnail cache and icon cache rebuilding after a feature update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnail cache and icon cache rebuilding after a feature update?: I was curious about the thumbnail cache and icon cache. Do these rebuild themselves after a feature update? I have a small issue with some icons. It so insignificant that I won’t bother manually rebuilding the icon cache but just wondered if a feature update forces something...
  10. Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10: How to: Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 How to Rebuild the Icon Cache in Windows 10 The icons that display for files in Windows are saved in an icon cache so they can be displayed quickly instead of having to manually scan and slowly load them each time. The icon...