Windows 10: icons jump in task bar lower right

Discus and support icons jump in task bar lower right in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The task bar icons move around in lower right hand side of task bar. sometimes they stop. never know when they will start moving again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RUDY AND SUE, Feb 2, 2020.

1. icons jump in task bar lower right

The task bar icons move around in lower right hand side of task bar. sometimes they stop. never know when they will start moving again.

:)

RUDY AND SUE, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Scott 98 Win User

lower right hand corner task bar icons small ? can not enlarge why ?

did everything you said before posting this question, lots of users that upgraded to Windows 10 are having this problem and there is no way to enlarge the lower right hand corner task bar icons without changing screen resolution, but if you go above 100%
    resolution then you get errors and display problems, I attached a picture of the big difference between left task bar icons and right task bar icons , please respond thanks.
    icons jump in task bar lower right a9f4a7f8-4d7c-45ba-b455-e10d32fad7b7.png

Scott 98, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Jump lists on Task Bar not fully functional

Hi Stephenson,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Do you receive any error, while trying to add icon on the Jump List in the task bar?

• Do you receive any error, while trying to install arrange icon in the task bar?
    As per your query, I like to inform you that; you can arrange the icon in the task bar.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

1) Open an Administrator CMD window (Type
    CMD in the Search bar or Press Windows Logo Key + X. Click on
    Command Prompt admin).

If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL + Shift + ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task.

• Make sure you have a check mark beside "Create this task with administrative privileges".

• Type CMD.
    2) Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

3) If both the above commands are completed and show no remaining issues, run the PowerShell command and copy and paste the following:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

4) Check to be sure this command ran, showed a blue progress indicator and then returns to the prompt. If you see a red error, please try again. The command may have been typed or pasted incorrectly, or there may be a larger problem with Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 2, 2020
  4. icons jump in task bar lower right

Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

icons jump in task bar lower right

1. icons jump in task bar lower right - Similar Threads - icons jump task

2. Windows 10 Home edition Notification icon on lower right side of task bar is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Home edition Notification icon on lower right side of task bar is not working: Windows 10 Home edition Notification icon on lower right side of task bar is not working. Have tried all "fixes" from Microsoft forums and other forums but no success. Additionally, settings>network & internet>wi-fi>show available networks does not work no networks are shown....
  3. Windows 10 Home edition Notification icon on lower right side of task bar is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home edition Notification icon on lower right side of task bar is not working: Windows 10 Home edition Notification icon on lower right side of task bar is not working. Have tried all "fixes" from Microsoft forums and other forums but no success. Additionally, settings>network & internet>wi-fi>show available networks does not work no networks are shown....
  4. Windows 10 Home edition Notification icon on lower right side of task bar is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to restore WINDOWS icons and other items on the lower task bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore WINDOWS icons and other items on the lower task bar.: The lower bar on my Windows 11 screen has disappeared. Yes, there seems to be a black space but clicking in the area yields nothing. I Have no search box, no WINDOWS button, no ability to reach settings, etc. How do I restore?...
  6. How to restore WINDOWS icons and other items on the lower task bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore WINDOWS icons and other items on the lower task bar.: The lower bar on my Windows 11 screen has disappeared. Yes, there seems to be a black space but clicking in the area yields nothing. I Have no search box, no WINDOWS button, no ability to reach settings, etc. How do I restore?...
  7. Mouse pointer jumps to lower right of display and does not respond

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mouse pointer jumps to lower right of display and does not respond: This started about a month ago and appears to be getting worse. Mouse pointer appears to be controlled by outside entity - Malware? It will jump to lower right of display and sometimes select functions that are in that area of task bar. Have also found computer brought out...
  8. Flashing shield on lower task bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Flashing shield on lower task bar: On my task bar at the bottom of the screen I have a flashing orange square with the blue and yellow quartered shield in it which won't allow me access to anything in the task bar. I can't access Word and Excel until I go to task manager and select "end task", but it always...
  9. right click on volume icon on task bar not working right

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click on volume icon on task bar not working right: Hi - last few days, when i right click on volume, only the volume mixer is working, playback devices, sound, recording devices all don't work..when i tried to access device manager, getting message - Unable to create new document!! what is going on?? thanks for the help...
  10. icons on the right of the task bar not working

in Windows 10 Support
    icons on the right of the task bar not working: hi, i have run into a small issue were the icons on the taskbar such as, wifi, battery, sound, and action center will not do anything when clicked, when i click the time it wont open the calendar, if i right click sound and battery i can open it that way but when i right...