Windows 10: Icons keep appearing on my Desktop

Discus and support Icons keep appearing on my Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently I purchased a new Acer Aspire A315-41-R5MD Notebook running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 and from time to time, icons for programs would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ArmadilloHead02, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Icons keep appearing on my Desktop

Recently I purchased a new Acer Aspire A315-41-R5MD Notebook running Windows 10 Home - Version 1903 and from time to time, icons for programs would appear on my desktop. The main culprit being Hotspot Shield VPN. I've deleted these icons several times and they still keep appearing. The only thing I can think it would be is the program updating and adding the desktop icon back as Hotspot Shield also opened on startup despite that being disabled, so I will see if I can disable automatic updates and see if that fixes the issue.

Any other suggestions as to how I would fix this problem would be welcome.

:)

ArmadilloHead02, Aug 30, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Icons keep appearing on my Desktop

Desktop Icons

Hello,

Some configuration on your desktop settings must have been changed. To address your concern, follow the steps below:

• Right-click anywhere on your desktop > Click View.
    • Make sure there's a check mark beside Show desktop icons.
    • Check if the desktop icons are now appearing.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Regile Reb, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Icons keep appearing on my Desktop

1. Icons keep appearing on my Desktop - Similar Threads - Icons keep appearing

2. these weird icons keep appearing over the small arrows on my desktop shortcuts (zoom in)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    these weird icons keep appearing over the small arrows on my desktop shortcuts (zoom in): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/smcaskill [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eewi0h/these_weird_icons_keep_appearing_over_the_small/
  3. "Desktop" icon not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Desktop" icon not appearing: Hello, I helped a user take his Desktop and change the location to his one drive, which promplty migrated the files to his onedrive no problem. The issue is, we didnt set up a Desktop folder on the onedrive first so, all the files are just listed in the base directory. Now...
  4. Uninvited icons appearing on my Lenovo laptop desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninvited icons appearing on my Lenovo laptop desktop: I have a peculiar condition in my Windows 10 Laptop. Recently 3 desktop icons appeared suddenly - This PC, Control Panel, and a folder in my name containing All Users items. Seemingly all equally legit. What do I do now?...
  5. Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop

Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop: I keep getting a icon, labelled "desktop" on my desktop. I have listed the content below. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 I have recently reinstalled Windows 10....
  6. Desktop icons keep rearranging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons keep rearranging: when i rearrange position of the icon it will amass icon in 1 point, i have checked align icon to grid but it just like that again,don't know how to fix it[ATTACH] ***Changed title from Error icons***...
  7. my icon do not appear on my desktop on startup

my icon do not appear on my desktop on startup: icon do not appear on my desktop on startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/my-icon-do-not-appear-on-my-desktop-on-startup/1fc35e8a-ad6f-4d27-a084-5c79b48d4065
  8. Desktop Icons Keep Resetting?

Desktop Icons Keep Resetting?: First time poster. My body is ready. Basically, every time I re-size my desktop icons to a more comfortable size, and then later reboot. They return to their original chunky size. Could someone shed any light on why it keeps doing this? Tried several fixes from Windows...
  9. Pictures Folder keeps appearing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures Folder keeps appearing on my Desktop: Ever since I updated to the Windows 10 Anniversary update, I keep getting a Pictures folder reappearing on my desktop. Any clue how to get this to stop without going into the registry and permanently deleting the Folder(?) - C - 61331
  10. Ghost icons appearing on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost icons appearing on desktop: Very recently, I have gotten over 40 ghost like icons on the desktop, intermingled with the normal icons. I have moved the regular icons to one side of my monitor with the new ones on the left side. I call them ghosts because they are somewhat blurry and the notations are...