Windows 10: Icons keep moving even though auto arrange is off, what do I do?

Discus and support Icons keep moving even though auto arrange is off, what do I do? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Auto arrange is turned off, yet when I create a new folder it goes to a totally different place on the desktop instead of staying where I just put it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by matthew parsons (mattp), Apr 18, 2019.

1. Icons keep moving even though auto arrange is off, what do I do?

Auto arrange is turned off, yet when I create a new folder it goes to a totally different place on the desktop instead of staying where I just put it. How do you fix this?

:)

matthew parsons (mattp), Apr 18, 2019

2. auto arrange icon desktop , why ?

Hi,

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

a) Right click on Desktop.

b) Click on View.

c) Uncheck both "Arrange icons to grid" and "Auto arrange icons".

d) Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Anannya Podder, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Desktop icons auto arranging, auto arrange is OFF.

Original title: Windows 10 - Icons moving

About every hour, the file icons on my desktop would move as if auto arranged. Icons will also move from screen 2 to screen 1. My quicklaunch icons will suddenly show the text for the icon (text had been turned off). The auto arrange function is not turned
    on.

John Maggi, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Icons keep moving even though auto arrange is off, what do I do?

Auto arranging icons on desktop

When I open an app all the icons on my desktop move to auto arrange spots even when the setting is disabled I just got this PC and had this problem the whole time I had it. I looked up on a way to fix this but all I'm finding is just disable auto arrange

Starfractor, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Icons keep moving even though auto arrange is off, what do I do?

1. Icons keep moving even though auto arrange is off, what do I do? - Similar Threads - Icons keep moving

2. Auto arrange icons after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto arrange icons after update: I spent a long time yesterday making sure my icons were organized after windows arranged them in a jumbled fashion again. I made sure auto arrange is NOT checked. This morning my computer did an update and my icons are all over the place again. This seems to happen every time...
  3. VERY FRUSTRATED! Icons keep being rearranged, Auto-arrange is OFF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VERY FRUSTRATED! Icons keep being rearranged, Auto-arrange is OFF: I have a home build high end desktop for gaming, editing sound and video, and keep several icons on my left monitor 3 total Center 32in. 1440P is on HDMI, the sides both are 28" 4K running 1440p are DP. I have it this way because I at times use Nvidia Surround and it is the...
  4. VERY FRUSTRATED! Icons keep being rearranged, Auto-arrange is OFF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VERY FRUSTRATED! Icons keep being rearranged, Auto-arrange is OFF: I have a home build high end desktop for gaming, editing sound and video, and keep several icons on my left monitor 3 total Center 32in. 1440P is on HDMI, the sides both are 28" 4K running 1440p are DP. I have it this way because I at times use Nvidia Surround and it is the...
  5. VERY FRUSTRATED! Icons keep being rearranged, Auto-arrange is OFF

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How do I turn off auto arrange?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn off auto arrange?: How do I turn off auto Arrange in File Explorer? When I follow the instructions I have found in using search, I was told to Right click a blank area in the window and select “View” and turn off the Auto Arrange. But that option is not in the view menu.I’m using Windows 10 Pro...
  7. Auto Arrange Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Arrange Desktop Icons: I am on Windows 10 version 20H2.Desktop Icons are arranged in a scattered manner A-Z should be auto arranged but it is arranged as A-Z A-Z, there are two starting of the sorting order. How to make this sorting order to be singular and every icon on the desktop gets arranged...
  8. How do i prevent the icons from moving what the task bar is moved? (Shown in vid,Auto...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i prevent the icons from moving what the task bar is moved? (Shown in vid,Auto...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pizza1245 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j6lnj5/how_do_i_prevent_the_icons_from_moving_what_the/
  9. How do I turn off auto arrange for files copied to a Flash drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn off auto arrange for files copied to a Flash drive?: How do I turn off auto arrange for files copied to a Flash drive? I have it working in Windows Explorer, but it will not let me arrange files as I'd like on the USB. Suggestions? Thanks!...
  10. Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto Arrange Desktop Icons in Windows 10 [img] Information The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icon auto arrange even when turned off

2. windows 10 desktop icons moving even though auto arrange is disabled