Windows 10: Icons messed up on destop

Discus and support Icons messed up on destop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've had this issue for a while but it wasn't a problem until recently. I have two screens, when I play a full screen game on display 1, display two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Proteus21a, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Icons messed up on destop

I've had this issue for a while but it wasn't a problem until recently. I have two screens, when I play a full screen game on display 1, display two goes into 'half' screen mode, it shifts to the right and only shows the left half of what is being displayed. the desktop does not shift right and it shows different icons then are supposed to be on screen 2. When I shut the game off, both screens go back to normal. Now, I was playing another game that did the same to my screens. It had a link for a video and I clicked on it and it opened you tube and played the video. When I turned it off, it wen

:)

Proteus21a, Apr 3, 2022
  2. wiski Win User

Icons Gone on destop and taskbar

Okay, I did the upgrade (remoted in from work) and it looks like it fixed the icon issues, but Windows still wants me to connect to the internet to activate:

Icons messed up on destop [​IMG]

I was actually half hoping I would have to do a full restore so I could find a way to block the Creator's Update, but now I worry if I do that I might not be able to activate Windows normally.

wiski, Apr 3, 2022
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 3, 2022
  4. skubler Win User

Icons messed up on destop

All icons in windows 10 64 bit messed up

Hi, I am having quite a problem, my icons are all messed up suddenly, on desktop as well as in explorer. My shortcuts are fine, but any other files look normal but in front of them is a blank white "paper", smaller than actual icon so icon shows from behind. In my explorer, everything shows as just a blank white paper. I have tried all of the steps you have given, and am logged into command prompt as administrator, but when I get to next to last step, it says access not allowed. So I can't perform the next to final step? I am struggling here something awful!!

I followed this, however when I get to username appdata local: I have no iconcache file anywhere?

*Arrow Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

skubler, Apr 3, 2022
Thema:

Icons messed up on destop

1. Icons messed up on destop - Similar Threads - Icons messed destop

2. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons messed up on destop: I've had this issue for a while but it wasn't a problem until recently. I have two screens, when I play a full screen game on display 1, display two goes into 'half' screen mode, it shifts to the right and only shows the left half of what is being displayed. the desktop does...
  3. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons messed up on destop: I've had this issue for a while but it wasn't a problem until recently. I have two screens, when I play a full screen game on display 1, display two goes into 'half' screen mode, it shifts to the right and only shows the left half of what is being displayed. the desktop does...
  4. Some taskbar icons are messed up

Some taskbar icons are messed up: Here are some screenshots of some icons on the taskbar being messed up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-taskbar-icons-are-messed-up/7d3c6223-4445-4725-929f-3ca8379f58bd
  5. I messed up my icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up my icons: Kinda new to windows and did something odd, dont know how to change it back. I downloaded a .rar file, and did not have any program associated with opening it. I had 7zip installed, but not set as the default for that type of file. I right clicked the .rar and selected "open...
  6. Icon grid all messed up?

Icon grid all messed up?: After changing the font text size on my parents computer, it was too big and so I changed it back, but it seems that after I did that, this started happening. The grid all messed up. The highlight is very wide. It doesn't let me move any icons other than those positions and...
  7. Windows moving destop icon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows moving destop icon.: I created a new folder on the desktop and Windows 10 1709 moved it time and time again. I created an image and saved it to the desktop and Windows stopped moving the folder and is now moving the image - is there any way to stop this? 115027
  8. Desktop icon images are messing up

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icon images are messing up: Having this issue you can see in the pic with my icons. I have removed them and added them back but they just add back like that again and not as the should be. Didn't have an issue until a few days ago and it just started out of the blue. First with the 2 icons on the left...
  9. icon display all messed up

in Windows 10 Support
    icon display all messed up: hi... i have like ten thousand icons in folders i have saved all of a sudden when i open a folder the icon sizes are all different... large is medium and medium is medium and small and the sizes and the spacing are all mixed together and every time i scroll the screen...
  10. Icons Gone on destop and taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons Gone on destop and taskbar: I have just switched on my Win10 and all the icons have gone on the desktop and task bar. I need serious help urgently. The icon images in my task bar have also disappeared and replaced with identical icons. Screen shot attached. Having just gone into the file system there...