Windows 10: Icons minimize to hidden tray when I want them to stay on taskbar

Discus and support Icons minimize to hidden tray when I want them to stay on taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Apps such as steam, discord, wallpaper engine minimize to the hidden tray whether I click the close or minimize button, and it is frustrating. Other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stefanbcs, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Icons minimize to hidden tray when I want them to stay on taskbar

Apps such as steam, discord, wallpaper engine minimize to the hidden tray whether I click the close or minimize button, and it is frustrating. Other programs, like Kaspersky anti-virus or windows defender minimize to the task bar when I click minimize, so it might be a bug. Can anyone explain how to repair it?

submitted by /u/stefanbcs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stefanbcs, Jun 9, 2020
  2. ITshadow Win User

ThrottleStop 8.60 Stays in Taskbar

Hello!

I have an issue with ThrottleStop 8.60 (And 8.50U) staying in the taskbar when minimizing and not going to the notification area. The notification icon is there but it is always in the taskbar too. If I check 'Minimize on Close it still stays in the taskbar. Is this a bug or does anyone know how to get it off my taskbar and only in the notification bar?

Thanks!!!

ITshadow, Jun 9, 2020
  3. How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Anthr4X Win User

Icons minimize to hidden tray when I want them to stay on taskbar

Minimize to the tray on startup

Minimize to tray at startup

I'm looking for a way to autorun GPU-Z minimized on Windows 7 x64. If I stick a shortcut in the start-up folder and change the properties to "run minimized" it doesn't minimize to the tray but instead to the taskbar. So I have to click on the taskbar and press on minimize every time I reboot my system. This is a little bit annoying if you reboot often.

Thank you for your time! *Smile Icons minimize to hidden tray when I want them to stay on taskbar :)

Anthr4X, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Icons minimize to hidden tray when I want them to stay on taskbar

1. Icons minimize to hidden tray when I want them to stay on taskbar - Similar Threads - Icons minimize hidden

2. duplicate hidden icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    duplicate hidden icons in system tray: How do I get rid of these duplicate icons in the hidden icons area of the system tray? I tried right clicking and selecting exit but nothing happens. I'd like to prevent future occurrences as well. Running Windows 11 Home....
  3. duplicate hidden icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    duplicate hidden icons in system tray: How do I get rid of these duplicate icons in the hidden icons area of the system tray? I tried right clicking and selecting exit but nothing happens. I'd like to prevent future occurrences as well. Running Windows 11 Home....
  4. How do I disable the hidden icons icon on system tray?

How do I disable the hidden icons icon on system tray?: I was looking for this option online and theoretically there should be a section in the settings app on windows 11 available from version 22572 onward that allows people to disable the hidden icons icon on the system tray by easily toggling a switch. However, I have version...
  5. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons not staying where I want them: Hi there - I have just switched from a desktop to a laptop, and I have a number of icons on my main screen. However, I like these icons to be grouped in a particular way - for example, all Word icons to be together, all Excel icons together, a Citrix icon on the top right of...
  6. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

Desktop icons not staying where I want them: Hi there - I have just switched from a desktop to a laptop, and I have a number of icons on my main screen. However, I like these icons to be grouped in a particular way - for example, all Word icons to be together, all Excel icons together, a Citrix icon on the top right of...
  7. Desktop icons not staying where I want them

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Hidden icons in taskbar.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden icons in taskbar.: All of a sudden my taskbar hidden icons folder is filling with red X marked icons. New one every 10-15 seconds! Only one visible in taskbar itself. If I click up arrow on taskbar to make them all visible I can just wave my mouse pointer around them and they disappear in no...
  9. Missing hidden icons in the hidden icon tray.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing hidden icons in the hidden icon tray.: Good evening! I have noticed that I have something running on my computer in the hidden icon tray that is always invisible. I have deleted and refreshed my windows explorer icon memory in the registry editor and restarted the windows explorer in the process manager, yet...
  10. Taskbar hidden icons are tiny - can I embiggen them?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar hidden icons are tiny - can I embiggen them?: Hello, The icons in the 'Show Hidden Icons' pop up of the taskbar are so tiny (and badly designed, but that's another issue) that they're almost indecipherable. Is there any way (other than scaling up the whole desktop/display) to enlarge them? Here's how crazily small they...