Windows 10: Icons missing (But program text remains)

Discus and support Icons missing (But program text remains) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] So this is my problem, as you can see, the program names are there, but all the icons, including the taskbar icons, and the icons in file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Repins621, May 10, 2016.

1. Repins621 Win User

Icons missing (But program text remains)

Icons missing (But program text remains) [​IMG]

So this is my problem, as you can see, the program names are there, but all the icons, including the taskbar icons, and the icons in file explorer/task manager, are gone, before anyone asks, clicking to hide or show icons just makes the text disappear as well. When I click on properties of a program, nothing happens. I can't seem to find a similar problem online, so if anyone has any ideas, I'm interested.

:)

Repins621, May 10, 2016

2. Disappearing icons

Carlos,

Yes, it is the desktop icons which are missing. The names of the programs (shortcuts) remain on the desktop, but no icons, and I cannot read the properties of any files associated witth these (missing) icons.

Dragging and dropping the program from the start menu puts the name of the program on the desktop, but no icon associated with it.

Thanks for your help,

RayKanga85, May 10, 2016
  3. GaryP86 Win User
    Windows 10 desktop

This only impacted text size, it did not impact the desktop icon size in any way. BIY, the icon text size remains unchanged by this setting.

GaryP86, May 10, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, May 11, 2016
  5. aman11 Win User
    I also have the same problm..can anyone help me???? plz its urgent

aman11, Feb 2, 2017
  6. Sorry to see these as your first posts @Repins621 and @aman11

Had a situation the other day where a complete shutdown and restart brought everything back to normal. This may not help this issue but it is a simple idea.

Create a restore point, better safe than sorry. Google the idea if you want to understand background.

Could I suggest you hold the shift key down and then click shutdown (while holding shift down). Shift +Shutdown

Google the idea if you want to understand background. Give it a moment and power back on. This starts Windows fresh.

Caledon Ken, Feb 2, 2017
  7. djhnsn043 Win User
    I had this problem after the second time I recently upgraded my PC to windows 10. My fix was to revert back to windows 7 for a second time.

I did get the icons to propigate by disconnecting my display cable and plugging it back in, but the next time I switched my monitors from desktop one, to desktop two they disappeared again. Went back to windows 7 again, and it was fine.

djhnsn043, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Icons missing (But program text remains) - Similar Threads - Icons missing program

2. Text too big for icons and in programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text too big for icons and in programs: The text size has just randomly enlarged for all my files and folders and in programmes such as Microsoft Word: the ribbon/toolbar at the top of a Word document has enlarged. The text written on internet tabs as well ahs got bigger. In settings: I have changed display...
  3. Missing "This PC" text from the Icon

Missing "This PC" text from the Icon: Dear Microsoft Team, Recently I have discovered that the text "This PC" is missing from the My Computer icon. But for this, rest of the icons on the desktop have text associated with it. I'm not sure if it happened after some windows update or due to some malware/virus. I...
  4. Missing Text

Missing Text: When I access my files, no text appears to identify the files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-text/44f300bb-1978-4ff9-9c2a-bde30771c787
  5. Program icons missing from Taskbar

Program icons missing from Taskbar: Hi there, I have a relatively new computer and one of the first things I did after installing Office was to drag three commonly used programs (Outlook, Word, Excel) to the Taskbar for convenience. It worked great for a couple of weeks, but now the strangest thing has...
  6. Missing Text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Text.: Hi, recently i deleted a huge amount of files in my one drive, and now most of the text in applications like Steam, File Explorer, dont have text, Anyone know what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-text/10cf4112-64f7-4da9-821b-50dc406d7241
  7. Text in cmd and windows icons missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Text in cmd and windows icons missing: Hey, Ive got an problem, because i wanted to free up some disc space, ive entered the COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always command in powershell, now i dont have an cmd text and i cant see an windows icons [img] [img] 131749
  8. Desktop icons missing, Only text showing

Desktop icons missing, Only text showing: I have Three user accounts in my PC and this issue affects two of them My Desktop icons have disappeared and i can only see the Names of each shortcut which i am able to click to open as usual. In Windows Explorer My Navigation Pane is empty and my Libraries icons are...
  9. Text missing on Windows Explorer and other programs.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Text missing on Windows Explorer and other programs.: [ATTACH] Above is a screenshot of my computer. Clearly, there is something wrong with the text, and this also holds for Task Manager, and many other programs. I am completely unsure what triggered this and can use some advice....
  10. Battery icon, % remaining

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery icon, % remaining: Hi, I put windows 10 on my tablet, and I have the battery icon in the notification area. If I tap it when the charger is plugged in, it will pop up a percentage and 'time remaining until fully charged'. If I tap it when it isn't charging, the icon background changes as...